Gerry Dinardo Tweet about our D

Reaction score
@gerrydinardo When will the #Gophers D get some love?? 180 degree turnaround from last year. Slowed down future NFL QB
Expand

@MinnySnowta @gerrydinardo Good point. I'll do it some time today or tonight. Thanks youre right

Nice to get a little love from a national tv personality; even if it is with the BTN.

The secondary is looking good, but the D-line was giving up some big gains on the ground. It will be interesting to see how the line looks against Syracuse and the Big Ten.

The secondary is looking good, but the D-line was giving up some big gains on the ground. It will be interesting to see how the line looks against Syracuse and the Big Ten.

I'd fault the linebackers more than the line

Everybody should agree with Dinardo....all I heard about all week was that he is a future NFL QB and he would throw all over us.

Yes, good call by Dinardo. The defense is bending but not breaking. Only gave up one play over 20 yards today. Gave up chunks of yards but not the big bomb or pass interference penalty that we've been known for lately. This defense can rush the passer, defend the pass, and prevent long runs. Sounds like exactly what we've been missing in past years!

I'm still waiting for Stoudermire to make a play. He's been underwhelming so far.

One of the "positives" is that they won this game with minimal contributions from guys who were to be our big guns: Gray, Stoudermire, and Green.

Oh yeah. We seem to have a different young DB stepping up each week (Wells, Shabazz, and Carter today), which is great. Just hoping that Troy can get in the mix.

W. Michigan had some good athletes, no question - and big guys, too. This was a good win for us - glad we're getting some positive attention (hope it holds up next week - did Syracuse play today?).

Great Plains, yes they did, Syracuse beat Stony Brook 28-17.

W. Michigan had some good athletes, no question - and big guys, too. This was a good win for us - glad we're getting some positive attention (hope it holds up next week - did Syracuse play today?).

Syracuse beat Stony Brook 28-17. They racked up 549 yards on offense with only one turnover but only scored 28.

They've given up 258 and 217 yards on the ground the past two weeks so we should be able to run on them.

Oh yeah. We seem to have a different young DB stepping up each week (Wells, Shabazz, and Carter today), which is great. Just hoping that Troy can get in the mix.

I agree it is great seeing new db peeps step up each week, but young and carter (even shabazz since he is a jr) are not possible. The man is a SR, but love the positivity baby!

I am thrilled to have lost my sense of certain doom on third and 10+.

Yep, Rallis is not playing well at all in the middle in my opinion.

agree. expected to see rallis play better than he has so far this season. will be interesting and exciting to see who steps up at the LB position once rallis graduates. that said, hope rallis brings it together and starts playing lights out the rest of this season. really want to see rallis and beal play well this year.

Exactly!!! the only ones who have been doing that are BEAL and Edwards. Manuel had a good game tho

I also thought that Reeves had his best game of the year today. Interestig that Beal played very little today on D. Part of scheming against the quick pass I guess? The tradeoff on the run was evident.

No doubt our D has improved but it is still a huge work in progress. Our dline seems to be pretty darn good in rushing the QB but they lack quite bad in defending against the rush. Most of our linebackers are awful as well.

Just get the next game you can run on the Cuse, one at time get better every week, Kill will get them going.

I do agree a huge work in progress but 3-0 sure helps.

I thought our pass rush was not great yesterday and our run D gave up too many 4-7 yard type runs. As noted by others, we have not been burned this year by lots of big plays. The last 3-4 years we have given up a lot of easy TD's on drives that had big plays. Is it better speed and guys being coached in in the right spot?

what is Miler looking at???? I feel bad for Rallis - he is not in his natural position SAM LB and he looks soft and can't take on a block to save his life. Rallis makes tackles in space on short passes and chasing down. What happened to beal yesterday - he has played well the first 2 games at MLB and alway playing downfield and pancaking the pulling guards - see UNLV - that's what we need at MLB - maybe they don't trust beal to stay healthy...who knows - Would Miller cobsider Rallis, Beal, Cooper/Manual on a few series and see how that trio works together. Miller isn't playing beal because based on the first 2 games he clearly outplayed Rallis and is 1000 times more physical. LB play is getting worse evry week - how does a 2nd string RB run on us - a team that average 50 yards a game ran for over 150 yds...that's patheric. I think Bill Miller is a terrible LB coach and he is proving it every week. Cooper better watch out with manual showing signs of being a very good LB when he stops screwing up on his asignments.

@gerrydinardo When will the #Gophers D get some love?? 180 degree turnaround from last year. Slowed down future NFL QB
Expand

@MinnySnowta @gerrydinardo Good point. I'll do it some time today or tonight. Thanks youre right

I really hope I'm not alone in thinking that Carder looked awful for most this game. He consistently overthrew wide open receivers (something most of GH harped on Gray about against UNLV) and just made a ton of horrible decisions. It took us a while to get any pressure on him, but when we did he made even more mistakes.

So while we did pressure him and force him out of his comfort zone, he looked like anything but a future-NFLer.

Wasn't stoudermire the guy that was beat on one of their touchdowns? Correct me if I'm wrong. It in the student section endzone in on the right side. I thought that was stoudermire's guy.

I am thrilled to have lost my sense of certain doom on third and 10+.

+10 Isn't that the truth! That says a lot about how much better the defense is this year. Now that you reminded me, I just hope I don't start having those third and 10+ nightmares again.

Top Bottom