My Two Cents

If Gray is in there, they have to let him be a complete QB. We seem to be using him almost like a Wildcat QB. Throw the ball, if he can't get it done, then Shortell needs to be the QB.

QFT

You tell me. He's already much improved since the UNLV game... Has he missed open receivers like he has in the UNLV game since then?

Congratulations on losing all credibility on one thread.

Much improved since UNLV? He's thrown all of 14 passes since that game. And he's put the ball on the ground at LEAST 5-6 times in the 5 quarters he played since UNLV.

Gray is 3 games into his senior year, and his second full year with this coaching staff. Play calling has created the controversy? I think it's safe to say the coaches have a handle on what Gray is capable of.

I said 6-6 or 7-4 if they win their first 4...screw that - Rose Bowl B!tches!!!!

Gray is our best player.

But he's fumbled 5 times in the last 6 quarters on my count.

It's killing us, and today cost us 7 points and very nearly the game.

Two things:

Open competition for starting QB and the topic of conversation is can Gray go over a thousand receiving yards by midway through the Big Ten season and will he play WR or TE in he NFL.

2nd; Folks need to stop sleeping on home grown Minnesota football players. I know it's tough for white skill position haters but AJ Barker is beastly.

First off, Kill and Limegrover want to run the football, and that is the identity they are going to establish. If you don't like it, better choose a new team because their past history tells us you're not going to see a QB consistently throwing the ball 30-40 times per game.

The QB situation is really pretty simple. MG is good at the read option, and the far better runner. His passing leaves something to be desired. Max is the better pure passer, but his running and occasionally his decision making leaves something to be desired. Right now, they think MG gives us the best chance to win each week. If we could combine the 2 we'd have a great QB, but we have what we have. Last year Shortell also looked good in relief duty at times, but was awful when teams game planned for him.

First off, Kill and Limegrover want to run the football, and that is the identity they are going to establish. If you don't like it, better choose a new team because their past history tells us you're not going to see a QB consistently throwing the ball 30-40 times per game.

The QB situation is really pretty simple. MG is good at the read option, and the far better runner. His passing leaves something to be desired. Max is the better pure passer, but his running and occasionally his decision making leaves something to be desired. Right now, they think MG gives us the best chance to win each week. If we could combine the 2 we'd have a great QB, but we have what we have. Last year Shortell also looked good in relief duty at times, but was awful when teams game planned for him.

True

I've been very impressed with MC so far. He had a great game today. In fact, he was my defensive player of the game.

Agreed. Also thought James Manuel and Spencer Reeves had nice games.

It's obvious that Gray is the better option QB. It's obvious Shortell is the better passer.

It's obvious that if Gray gets healthy, we can play both QBs extensively.

I'm excited by that.

Top Bottom