NCAA 13 Week 3

upnorthkid

Reaction score
Here comes the first real test for the 2-0 (both real and on Xbox360) Gophers as the face the Broncos of WMU.

Here's the team ratings:

Minnesota:

Overall C+
Offense C
Defense C+

WMU

Overall C+
Offense C+
Defense C

The teams are very evenly matched in EA's eyes so this one should be relatively a toss up.

Game results:
WMU@Minn
28-31 Carder lights it up for 4 TD's but Gophers score TD with 1:11 left and get a stop to win behind Q's 2 rush TD's and 1 pass TD.
35-21 Gophers get blown out as Gray goes down. Carder throws for 5 TD's. Gophers team struggles with 4 TO's (3 Int, 1 fumble)
21-24 Kirkwood rushes for 145 yards and 2 TDs and the defense holds the WMU passing attack in check with 2 Ints by Stoudermire
0-17 Gopher D dominates this one as Carder is sacked 6 times (3 for Hageman) and picked twice. Gopher offense racks up 224 yards on the ground but struggles turning the ball over in the red zone twice to keep this one close.
35-31 Carder comes down the field after Gophers TD gives them 31-28 lead. But WMU scores with 18 seconds left to pull out a victory. Gray plays well with 276 pass yards and 2 TDs with 85 rush yards and another score. But the defense can't stop the big play.

Summary:
This one played out as closely as might be expected with the Gophers taking 3 of the 5 games. WMU's passing attack caused multiple problems mainly because there was no pass rush in most of the games. However that might be a rating difference between what we've seen and what EA assumed. We shall see.

Gophers move on to 3-0 with a 24.8-23.8. This one should be a good one. Hopefully our defense shows up. Go Gophers!!

If we're the same Gophers team as in recent years, the simulation in which Carder throws for 5 TD's is the most likely outcome. You kind of get the impression from all the write-ups that he will have a big day regardless. I expect a victory but not an easy one. Our defense does seem somewhat improved, so it will likely come down to a moment of truth: whether or not Gray can consistently place ranged throws to beat a stacked box. I think this week, we're about to find out. No more 'jitters' and speculations, just answers. Go Gophers!

I enjoy these simulations. My suggestion is you should try to get them posted on Thursdays of game week. My hope is the real gophers improve to the point where those starting grades, and resulting outcomes, get farther and farther out of whack. So far they have been right on.

I enjoy these simulations. My suggestion is you should try to get them posted on Thursdays of game week. My hope is the real gophers improve to the point where those starting grades, and resulting outcomes, get farther and farther out of whack. So far they have been right on.

that was my full intention. however i was at an interview for medical school this week so time was a premium for me. itll be up earlier next week!

Top Bottom