E-gad is UNLV pass defense bad

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Watching UNLV and Washington State have a pillow fight on ESPN. My #1 red flag for the Gophers is the fact they let that awful team hang around and take them into 3 ot's. Yikes. I think I could get 300 yards passing on UNLV throwing left handed.

Lotta action though... Can't imagine what the final score will be

Watching UNLV and Washington State have a pillow fight on ESPN. My #1 red flag for the Gophers is the fact they let that awful team hang around and take them into 3 ot's. Yikes. I think I could get 300 yards passing on UNLV throwing left handed.

Each game is different, Schnauzer.

That's what a pirate offense does, it throws and it throws and it throws some more.

Each game is different, but regardless of this outcome, UNLV is terrible.

A muffed punt and penalties gave them their only touchdown "drive" against the Gophers. A few penalties took 3rd and shorts and made them 3rd and long. 11 penalties by the Gophers made that terrible team look a LOT better.

28 - 20 at the Half. This is really a game and against what many Holers felt was THE GREATEST FOOTBALL COACH EVER!!!

Each game is different, Schnauzer.

You got that right. I am always amazed how many people don't understand that. Then they make foolish and wrong assumptions how the next game is going to turn out. A wise man once said that is why you play the game.

A muffed punt and penalties gave them their only touchdown "drive". A few penalties took 3rd and shorts and made them 3rd and long. 11 penalties by the Gophers made that terrible team look a LOT better.

....and the Gophers also had only one TD in regulation against that defense. Gray and the offense got 3 OT's to pad their stats.

You got that right. I am always amazed how many people don't understand that. Then they make foolish and wrong assumptions how the next game is going to turn out. A wise man once said that is why you play the game.

But... but... We beat Illinois last year and Illinois beat WMU so we're gonna beat WMU easily....

....and the Gophers also had only one TD in regulation against that defense. Gray and the offense got 3 OT's to pad their stats.

Which was the point of the "penalties" post Art. Started drinking early tonight huh?

28 - 20 at the Half. This is really a game and against what many Holers felt was THE GREATEST FOOTBALL COACH EVER!!!

So are you saying that Leach is not a good coach because he is struggling in his first year at Washington State? Because if you are, you really are ignorant.

Gray missed quite a few opportunities if you didn't notice. The gophers were clearly the superior team. Gray had first game jitters and he cleaned it up last week. No reason to worry about that first game anomaly.

Then again, I may as well be explaining this to a rock. Neither you nor the rock will understand.

So are you saying that Leach is not a good coach because he is struggling in his first year at Washington State? Because if you are, you really are ignorant.

No, making fun of the acolytes who thought every school in the country should have hired him. That's why it was printed in big bold type. Oh, if you didn't get that you are really, really living without a sense of humor.

Feel better now?

Gray missed quite a few opportunities if you didn't notice. The gophers were clearly the superior team. Gray had first game jitters and he cleaned it up last week. No reason to worry about that first game anomaly.

Then again, I may as be explaining this to a rock. Neither you nor the rock will understand.

Every team misses opportunities every game. It's part of the game. You act like MG is the first QB in the history of college football to miss a couple open receivers in a game.

First game jitters? Lamest excuse ever. It's the first game for every player on the field.

Don't get me wrong, MG bounced back nicely vs. NH, but please stop making excuses for the UNLV game.

Every team misses opportunities every game. It's part of the game. You act like MG is the first QB in the history of college football to miss a couple open receivers in a game.

First game jitters? Lamest excuse ever. It's the first game for every player on the field.

Don't get me wrong, MG bounced back nicely vs. NH, but please stop making excuses for the UNLV game.

Hence the 11 penalties.

In his first game of only his second season playing QB since high school. He missed a few too many opportunities. They were wide open receivers. Every player has their good and bad games. It just so happens that arguably, our most important player had a rough night. Any other night and it would have been a multi touchdown victory. I think last week was a good indicator of how one player can be the difference in a game like this.

No, making fun of the acolytes who thought every school in the country should have hired him. That's why it was printed in big bold type. Oh, if you didn't get that you are really, really living without a sense of humor.

Feel better now?

Do you think this is evidence that those people were wrong?

I wasn't super into the idea of hiring Leach, I preferred Kill, but I don't see this as evidence that those people were wrong.

Hence the 11 penalties.

Also part of the game. You act like they've never been penalized before, yet it's been an issue for years now.

You know, the Gophs would've beat Michigan last year if they would've scored 59 more points.

UNLV is not a good football team. I personally think that they aren't much better than UNH.

Feel better now?

I guess I don't get your joke. I do think that Leach is one of the best coaches in the country and just because he is struggling at WSU this year, to me, does not mean he is a bad coach.

Also part of the game. You act like they've never been penalized before, yet it's been an issue for years now.

You know, the Gophs would've beat Michigan last year if they would've scored 59 more points.

Oh like last week for instance? :drink:

Do you think this is evidence that those people were wrong?

I wasn't super into the idea of hiring Leach, I preferred Kill, but I don't see this as evidence that those people were wrong.

Nope, would have been fine with hiring Leach. Here, let me try again: IT WAS JUST A JOKE! Really Bob, it was just a joke.

The funny thing is, Art is one of those posters who simply wrote off our two point loss against USC last year as a bad game for the trojans. :pig:

I guess I don't get your joke. I do think that Leach is one of the best coaches in the country and just because he is struggling at WSU this year, to me, does not mean he is a bad coach.

Okay, again, it wasn't a shot at Leach. You'd have to remember what it was like around here in 2010. Leach is a good Coach, but really, if you'd read some of the posts he was one of the greatest coaches ever. I would have been fine with him, but then again I wouldn't have been his boss. :eek:

Okay, again, it wasn't a shot at Leach. You'd have to remember what it was like around here in 2010. Leach is a good Coach, but really, if you'd read some of the posts he was one of the greatest coaches ever. I would have been fine with him, but then again I wouldn't have been his boss. :eek:

Got it. Sorry about the confusion.

Glad we didn't end up with Leach. Idiot decides to throw the ball instead of simply running down the clock.

In his first game of only his second season playing QB since high school. He missed a few too many opportunities. They were wide open receivers. Every player has their good and bad games. It just so happens that arguably, our most important player had a rough night. Any other night and it would have been a multi touchdown victory. I think last week was a good indicator of how one player can be the difference in a game like this.

Dear God, don't tell me we're going to hear about this tired excuse all year. He's a SENIOR and the team leader. The UNLV QB was playing in his first college game ever and he didn't miss people as bad as Gray.

If the fact that he played QB for a few games makes you feel better about him just not being a very well-rounded QB, then by all means keep hanging onto that until Week 12 of the season

Top Bottom