Hate to say this

The first two QBs we have faced were very green and very poor qbs. That changes on Saturday and will be a bit of a shock for our defense.

A strong majority seem to be nervous and scared about WMU because this is by far the best team we have played so far.

I will stick with a minority that WMU should be nervous and scared about U of M because this is by far the best team they have played so far.

GO GOPHERS!!!

LOL - Thanks Dr.Don - I really appreciate somebody putting this game in a different perspective. You would think that others would too but that not the case on the GopherHole!

It's interesting that almost 100% of 'Holers picked MN to win in the other thread but the tone in this thread is Nervous Nelly. Not being judgmental, I did the same thing. Picked them by like 10, but I'm nervous as hell. It's the Minnesota way!

That is all.

It's interesting that almost 100% of 'Holers picked MN to win in the other thread but the tone in this thread is Nervous Nelly. Not being judgmental, I did the same thing. Picked them by like 10, but I'm nervous as hell. It's the Minnesota way!

That is all.

Congratulations! You seem to least understand the inconsistency of all of this. I blame it on the Scandinavians. It probably related to Minnesota nice. I believe coach Kill has stated that Minnesota nice will no longer be tolerated at TCF.

LOL - Thanks Dr.Don - I really appreciate somebody putting this game in a different perspective. You would think that others would too but that not the case on the GopherHole!

Dr Don puts a lot of things in a different perspective.

I'm not saying its impossible to lose "Were not very good either", but even a below average Big Ten school should beat a average MAC school. I just think the University is taking a big gamble playing all these weak teams in the nonconference. Most teams schedule a couple of cupcakes, but not all four?

I think our non-con schedule is perfect this year, in principle. One FCS team, one MAC team, one MAC-level team from some other conference, and a BCS-level team. Four games, three of them at home.

Now the quality of teams this year isn't impressive, but that is really hard to gauge when we schedule many of the games several years in advance.

I think our non-con schedule is perfect this year, in principle. One FCS team, one MAC team, one MAC-level team from some other conference, and a BCS-level team. Four games, three of them at home.

Now the quality of teams this year isn't impressive, but that is really hard to gauge when we schedule many of the games several years in advance.

This.

You want a "What the Hell?!" Non-Conference Schedule? Take a look at Syracuse. They have Northwestern, USC, Minnesota, Stony Brook and Missouri. The A.D. must really hate the Head Coach. Or at least he hated the old one!

A strong majority seem to be nervous and scared about WMU because this is by far the best team we have played so far.

I will stick with a minority that WMU should be nervous and scared about U of M because this is by far the best team they have played so far.

GO GOPHERS!!!
Well put Doc!!!

No over confidence, no lack of talent against this opponent, the staff knows them well. I believe they run a 3-3-5 D. It will be a struggle longer than we want but they will turn the ball over and MG will have a bid day. Not a good match up for them.

GO GOPHERS!!!

That is all.

Congratulations! You seem to least understand the inconsistency of all of this. I blame it on the Scandinavians. It probably related to Minnesota nice. I believe coach Kill has stated that Minnesota nice will no longer be tolerated at TCF.

As all of us lifers really know, there is no such thing as Minnesota Nice. It's Minnesota Passive-Aggressive. This thread combined with the Predict the Score is a perfect example. We can't be too flashy or positive, and always prepare for the worst. We should give our opponents credit and also hope they die.

I say, kick their arse, and while they are lying there unconscious, kick them one more time.

As all of us lifers really know, there is no such thing as Minnesota Nice. It's Minnesota Passive-Aggressive. This thread combined with the Predict the Score is a perfect example. We can't be too flashy or positive, and always prepare for the worst. We should give our opponents credit and also hope they die.

I say, kick their arse, and while they are lying there unconscious, kick them one more time.

That would not be nice. :)

You mean like this one?

Bim Bam Bee
Kick'em in the knee
Bim Bam Bass
Kick'em in the other knee

You mean like this one?

Bim Bam Bee
Kick'em in the knee
Bim Bam Bass
Kick'em in the other knee

You once again are showing your Senior Citizen age with that oldie but goodie, 19. :)

The term nice completely depends on your definition. Some people use the term "passive-agressive" in a negative way. As if keeping quiet and not being a rude dick to someone right to their face if they bother you is a bad thing. Yeah, people put a smile on their face even if they're frustrated or angry and vent their frustrations to friends or spouses later. Better than saying whatever is on your mind, all the time, every time, making anyone not connected to your situation extremely uncomfortable.

Furthermore, I've been all over the country and never see people that seem as genuinely nice as Minnesotans when it comes to customer service, holding doors for others, and many other little things like that. Calling someone "shugah" with a condescending smile in the deep south doesn't make you nice. Doubt anyone can make a case for east coast people being all that friendly or welcoming, either. Just my take that we can't even be proud of a stereotype that we're nice on the whole, we have to claim it's just passive-aggressiveness.

That said, I don't see how being a "nice" person means we can't (or haven't) be able to play a football game without remorse for how hard we hit the opponents and make them look silly (looking at you, Iowa and Wisconsin).

C'mon, being nice to strangers is a hallmark of Minnesotans. Visitors always comment on it. Now when people MOVE here they find out things can be a little different. It's people we know that were *^*R@#!! to!

That didn't upset anybody did it? :eek:

Oh yeah, hammer the Broncos!

WMU is about as good as UNLV. We're really supposed to be nervous about an experienced QB who threw 3 INT's against a terrible Illinois Secondary??? Gophers by 10...

GO GOPHERS!!!

I am more concerned about the Gophers not playing welll then I am about WM.

Top Bottom