$10 tickets available now until 5pm today

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
If you haven't bought already, or you want to bring a bunch of people but didn't have the cash before, now's your chance.

Through a Facebook post:

424602_10151147877862943_796775340_n.jpg

https://www.mygophersports.com/onli...Available::promocode_access_code=FB12Facebook

Why did I buy season tickets again?

Because if the team ends up going on an unbelievable run to the B1G title now or in the future, you would have hedged your bets correctly and bought tickets for less than the asking price you would find on the street or stub hub. You also give yourself priority in retaining your seats for the next season instead of taking your chances in the marketplace. At least, that is my guess.

I'm guessing it wasn't for the New Hampshire game.

That was tongue in cheek. This isn't just New Hampshire, thuogh, it's also the Home Opener. That usually carries SOME cachet.

This is an interesting ploy. From a purely short-term economic standpoint it's a slam dunk. Hosting a game is a sunk cost, so thoeretically ANY incremental revenue is better. However, it definitely cheapens your brands. Being able to buy $10 tickets from a scalper is one thing, but from the University itself? Also, it very well COULD alienate people that paid full price. There's a definite signalling aspect: "don't buy tickets, you'll get them cheaper right before the game."

Let's say this is WILDLY successful and they sell an additional 1,000 tickets by 5:00 PM. Is $10,000 really worth it to the University?

That was tongue in cheek. This isn't just New Hampshire, thuogh, it's also the Home Opener. That usually carries SOME cachet.

This is an interesting ploy. From a purely short-term economic standpoint it's a slam dunk. Hosting a game is a sunk cost, so thoeretically ANY incremental revenue is better. However, it definitely cheapens your brands. Being able to buy $10 tickets from a scalper is one thing, but from the University itself? Also, it very well COULD alienate people that paid full price. There's a definite signalling aspect: "don't buy tickets, you'll get them cheaper right before the game."

Let's say this is WILDLY successful and they sell an additional 1,000 tickets by 5:00 PM. Is $10,000 really worth it to the University?
On the flip side, if those people come to the game and love it, they may have made new repeat customers. Short term loss, possible long term gain. Of course if the team craps the bed against a 1-AA team again...

Honestly my guess is that this is mostly to avoid the embarrassment of having 15,000 empty seats. Making an extra 10k and potentially selling the program are an added benefit.

I'm not sure how much this is done anymore, but teams (especially in baseball) used to give tickets away just to fill the seats. I remember the 30 for 30 program on "Da U" talked about giving Miami tickets away if you bought a whopper.

My wife and I were already going to the Twins game that night (free tickets), and now I think I'll buy two tickets and spend the day downtown. Not a bad plan.

Those $10 tickets are going to be in the nosebleed seats, season ticket holders will be sitting in better seats. They aren't going to be offering $10 tickets for the Big Ten games. The home opener hasn't tended to be an especially big draw. The 1997 game home opener against Iowa State was a big draw, but that was most likely because a lot of Iowa State fans could make it to the game. In 2004, the home opener against Toledo drew about 9,000 more than the next home game, but that next game was against FCS Illinois State.

No disrespect to UNH, but tommorrow's game is going to be have the least compelling game of the season. People will be more interested in the Western Michigan and Syracuse games. It doesn't matter even if UNH is better than WMU and Syracuse, all people see is FCS.

Those $10 tickets are going to be in the nosebleed seats, season ticket holders will be sitting in better seats. They aren't going to be offering $10 tickets for the Big Ten games. The home opener hasn't tended to be an especially big draw. The 1997 game home opener against Iowa State was a big draw, but that was most likely because a lot of Iowa State fans could make it to the game. In 2004, the home opener against Toledo drew about 9,000 more than the next home game, but that next game was against FCS Illinois State.

No disrespect to UNH, but tommorrow's game is going to be have the least compelling game of the season. People will be more interested in the Western Michigan and Syracuse games. It doesn't matter even if UNH is better than WMU and Syracuse, all people see is FCS.

I bought one. Section 206, row 12.

I have 4 season tickets and three kids. Mrs. Schnauzer and all three kids will be joining me tomorrow so I was just going to scalp the cheapest solo ticket I could find to get us all in the door. This little deal saved me some effort. My kids fit pretty easily between my two end seats with seatbacks added on the bench. I plan to pick up a cheap solo any time we all go.

Honestly my guess is that this is mostly to avoid the embarrassment of having 15,000 empty seats. Making an extra 10k and potentially selling the program are an added benefit.

Some 2nd tier acts in Vegas offer free tix to locals, only on the day of performance however and this is not announced "publically." These tickets are accompanied with a message about not telling others that your tix were free. I think it does add to the atmosphere if more people are at a game or show, but knowing that others got in for nothing or much less would understandably annoy some people.

I just bought 3 thru this special deal, so now instead of just my oldest son (age 14) and I going to the game with the season tix I share with another friend, the whole fam damily gets to go! They were nice enough to buy my airfare for Vegas trip last week for a Father's Day/birthday gift, so this is the least I could do to show my thanks.

Should be a great day for football! My daughter (12) and youngest son (9) are at that age where they don't really care where the seats are (section 235), they'll just be pumped to be at the stadium.

Some 2nd tier acts in Vegas offer free tix to locals, only on the day of performance however and this is not announced "publically." These tickets are accompanied with a message about not telling others that your tix were free. I think it does add to the atmosphere if more people are at a game or show, but knowing that others got in for nothing or much less would understandably annoy some people.

You people bought your tickets when you bought them for the reasons you had at the time.

If someone gets a ticket cheaper than yours, more power to that person.

If someone pays more than you did for a ticket, you will brag about the good deal you got.

Sheesh....Ya got what ya got for what ya paid when ya got it. Deal with it.

And students try and complain that student tickets are SO expensive... They're about $10 a game.

You people bought your tickets when you bought them for the reasons you had at the time.

If someone pays more than you did for a ticket, you will brag about the good deal you got.

+19

Good points. I have heard that few people on the same flight have paid the same fares.

I think it is serving it's purpose. I just bought a pair for two people that were going to come just for the tailgate and watch the game at Sally's or at home.

I'm just glad we haven't reached the point where we have to pay people to attend.

Yet.

I am content about my decision not to renew. I bought season tickets the year after graduation (2003). The last several renewals I have requested to move down in my same section, even just a few rows. None of the requests were accommodated. So this year I will go to each game for cheaper (from scalpers) and have better seats.

I am not salty at all, but this was an economic no brainier. When the representative called me I explained the situation and he understood. I get no satisfaction from saying I am a season ticket holder. In anything, I get more enjoyment saying I've never missed a game at TCF including the Vikings.

I just bought 3 thru this special deal, so now instead of just my oldest son (age 14) and I going to the game with the season tix I share with another friend, the whole fam damily gets to go! They were nice enough to buy my airfare for Vegas trip last week for a Father's Day/birthday gift, so this is the least I could do to show my thanks.

Should be a great day for football! My daughter (12) and youngest son (9) are at that age where they don't really care where the seats are (section 235), they'll just be pumped to be at the stadium.

This is why there is nothing wrong with selling 10 dollar tickets. This is how u get new fans of the gophers. Being able to bring your young kids, not everyone can afford 40 50 dollar seats for the whole family. I can't believe u gopher season ticket holders are pissing and moaning about this. Isn't it about having more fans at the games, getting new fans to the game new family, with little kids who bring energy and cheer louder. Come on think about it!!

This is why there is nothing wrong with selling 10 dollar tickets. This is how u get new fans of the gophers. Being able to bring your young kids, not everyone can afford 40 50 dollar seats for the whole family. I can't believe u gopher season ticket holders are pissing and moaning about this. Isn't it about having more fans at the games, getting new fans to the game new family, with little kids who bring energy and cheer louder. Come on think about it!!

And if someone buys a $10 ticket from the U instead of on the street(as some have done here) it means more money for the U.

Top Bottom