Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score
Imagine this for a moment...

The Gophers are undefeated, or a 1 loss team deep into the season.

Which game Would ESPN Game Day show up, & Corso don Goldie's head?

Michigan? Big rivalry game...

Michigan State? The last game of the season to go the the Big Ten Championship game?

Or would they chump us with an away game at Nebraksa?

You don't have a "none" option, cause that's what I think it would be, no matter what our record is this year.

It could be 11-0 Michigan State vs 11-0 Minnesota with a record breaking high of 60 degrees that was already known a week in advance and they wouldn't show up. They'd either go to Bama-Auburn, OSU-Michigan, Notre Dame-USC, or OK St-Oklahoma. Just how it is.

GopherInPittsburgh said:
It could be 11-0 Michigan State vs 11-0 Minnesota with a record breaking high of 60 degrees that was already known a week in advance and they wouldn't show up. They'd either go to Bama-Auburn, OSU-Michigan, Notre Dame-USC, or OK St-Oklahoma. Just how it is.

I disagree. This would be a top 10 matchup and I think they'd be in Minneapolis.

I disagree. This would be a top 10 matchup and I think they'd be in Minneapolis.

If OSU were to run the table and Michigan bounces back strongly, or USC lives up to the hype and Notre Dame wins 10 games, I don't know. Maybe I'm being fatalistic. 2 11-0 teams from the B1G would likely be a top 5 matchup.

Do you have to pay extra for that?

Like I have said on other threads, when it comes to watching ESPN and their Bobble Talking Heads, if the game they have on features anything but the Gophers, I watch reruns of Pawn Stars.

It would be nice to have game day on campus here someday.... sigh... maybe someday.

ESPN would send Gameday to Minneapolis but would then step on the show to cover breaking news of a Tony Romo hangnail or Yankee announcement of a new third base coach.

It's barely worth even thinking about but the stars would have to align perfectly for MN to host a College Gameday. Forget one loss, we would need to be undefeated into November and would need to be playing a similar team. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

GopherInPittsburgh said:
If OSU were to run the table and Michigan bounces back strongly, or USC lives up to the hype and Notre Dame wins 10 games, I don't know. Maybe I'm being fatalistic. 2 11-0 teams from the B1G would likely be a top 5 matchup.

I should have qualified my response. It would have to be a much better matchup in terms of w/l or rankings than the helmet team matchups mentioned.

Why would ESPN GameDay show up to a school with no real student presence? Who would make noise around their set?

Why would ESPN GameDay show up to a school with no real student presence? Who would make noise around their set?

I would like to think that if we were undefeated, the students could muster up a nice showing for Gameday.

i'll be riding my huffy Sante Fe 10 speed with a six pack of Steel Reserve hanging from my ram handle bars through dinkytown.

Or, more importantly, if Nessler and Blacky come where do they do Taste of the Town?

Not so fun fact: Minnesota and Indiana are the only two Big Ten teams to never appear on College GameDay for football, and Minnesota is the only Big Ten team to never appear on College GameDay in either football or basketball or football.

For the record, I think we will have to be good for a couple of years and raise our national profile before we get game day even if we have an extraordinary season where we are matched against a fellow top 10 team.

In the magical fantasy land where we host Gameday, where would gameday setup? Too be honest I haven't paid much attention to where on a campus they typically setup, but I think our area around the stadium is pretty congested and may not be ideal for the set. I think these are some possibilities:
Grassy area by McNamara Alumni Center looking into stadium across Oak St.
Stadium Plaza looking into stadium (might be too small an area)
Northrop Mall in front of Northrop
In front of Coffman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom