Graham Woodward - 2013 Edina PG UPDATED (10/15) Commits to Penn St

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Lots of twitter activity about Minnesota recruiting interest with Graham Woodward from Edina. I love this kid's Hardwood Elite Video, looks to be pretty small though. He's visiting Wazzou this weekend, mostly Ivy league interest. I'd have no problem giving this kid a shot, looks to have a ton of talent.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QKQ8PIhjmQY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Really hard worker, does whatever is needed; had some excellent games out in Vegas during the last evaluation period. Definitely a small guy.

Rivals lists him as 6'0" and 165 lbs.

coached against Graham when he was a 7th and 8th grader, and I will say two things about him.

Graham has always been the smallest kid on the court, so it's not like he is one of these kids that grew to 6 feet before everyone else and dominated and is now being caught up to, he was 5 ft nothing as a 7th grader and dominated then. He knows how to score while being small, good body control, excellent vision and has always been fearless.

I will also say, I do not ever remember him being a fierce defender. The squads I coached were always weak at the 1 and I cannot recall him causing us fits on the defensive side of things....

Based on his play in jr high, I am not sure how much of a big 10 talent he is, that said, he is a great ball player and from what I've heard a great kid. I'm certain he has the work ethic to become one, and he may have in the past 3 years from which I haven't had a lot of contact with the HS bball scene in the twin cities.

Does look small... but a very impressive video. Offensively, this guy looks like exactly what you want from your point guard... looks alarmingly quick with incredible handles.

I watched him play two years ago (sophomore) at Hopkins against Joe Coleman and Siyani Chambers. Edina was down big in the 2nd half and he brought them back to within 6 or 8 late in the game before Hopkins pulled away for the win.

I thought he out played Chambers who was a year older and had more recruiting hype. His pull-up jump shot is a thing of beauty. He looked like a hard worker, didn't shy away from contact, and was a good teammate. One of those kids you'd like to have an entire team of.

While he's a great player, I don't see him being a B10 caliber guy due to his size. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few mid-major looks.

I watched him play two years ago (sophomore) at Hopkins against Joe Coleman and Siyani Chambers. Edina was down big in the 2nd half and he brought them back to within 6 or 8 late in the game before Hopkins pulled away for the win.

I thought he out played Chambers who was a year older and had more recruiting hype. His pull-up jump shot is a thing of beauty. He looked like a hard worker, didn't shy away from contact, and was a good teammate. One of those kids you'd like to have an entire team of.

While he's a great player, I don't see him being a B10 caliber guy due to his size. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few mid-major looks.

Lewis Jackson may disagree.

He had a pretty solid Big 10 career with almost no jump shot and some may even say he was a midget.

Lewis Jackson may disagree.

He had a pretty solid Big 10 career with almost no jump shot and some may even say he was a midget.

Yeah, but he was also arguably the greatest finisher around the rim in the country. That floater over the defender was legend!

Yeah, but he was also arguably the greatest finisher around the rim in the country. That floater over the defender was legend!

I'm just saying, you cannot discredit a player simply because they are small. Especially a guard at the college level.

Tourney regular Gonzaga has offered Woodward.

Go Gophers!!

Anyone remember the point guard from Xavier a few years back? I want to say his last name was Lavender or something. Wasn't he about 5'7"? And he was one of the better point guards as a senior, if I recall correctly.

It's not like he is 5'-7", 6'-0" can get it done if you are crafty (and he is). Non-fan favorite Westy was 6'-0".

It's not like he is 5'-7", 6'-0" can get it done if you are crafty (and he is). Non-fan favorite Westy was 6'-0".

I think people are saying he is less than what he is listed at at 6'. He looks a little smaller than that. I still think he has a lot of upside though.

Definately not in the Tubby style (athletic and can get to the rim), looks like he has better basketball skills, driving, dishing, shooting than what we have seen with Ahamisi and some of the other spring signees at guard, Westbrook was small but he was very physical, hard to tell from highlight film but this kid would have to be pretty tough (which he well might be) to play in the B1G.

I think people are saying he is less than what he is listed at at 6'. He looks a little smaller than that. I still think he has a lot of upside though.

He'll be competing with Stockton for being the shortest BB player in Zag's history.

Go Gophers

I'm just saying, you cannot discredit a player simply because they are small. Especially a guard at the college level.

He's got an inch, 5lbs and a lot more skill than Limar Wilson!

He'll be competing with Stockton for being the shortest BB player in Zag's history

Not sure if you were trying to be funny or just another example of how clueless you are. They have two 6'-1" guys this year, 6'-nothing guards the years before and two 5'-11" guards in 08-09.

Not sure if you were trying to be funny or just another example of how clueless you are. They have two 6'-1" guys this year, 6'-nothing guards the years before and two 5'-11" guards in 08-09.

No reason to attack someone like this. Either I was trying to be funny or not, I saw stockton playing ball last year and looked like the shortest player on the court even he wore highheel. Thank god for google. If it wasn't because of these search engine's, I am not sure where your inteligence would have come from.

Go Gophers

Anyone remember the point guard from Xavier a few years back? I want to say his last name was Lavender or something. Wasn't he about 5'7"? And he was one of the better point guards as a senior, if I recall correctly.

Drew Lavender. He was 5'7" and fun to watch.

Edit: After watching the video it looks like the kid can shoot. He doesn't even catch rim on his shots.

I don't really consider Gonzaga a mid major. They play a tough schedule and you can't sleep on the WCC. Lots of good players and teams out there. If Mark Few is recruiting him the kid can play.

Graham isn't going to be a Gopher but he's gonna have a good college career somewhere. Good student, good kid, good player. No scholly for him at the U unless something changes in a hurry. Too bad because he'd be a good addition to any program.

Butler HC Brad Stevens is watching Graham Woodward workout in Edina this Monday. Whether it's at EHS or ECC, Not sure which gym it is at.

I hope soon.

He could back-up Andre and Tyus for a year each. Maybe start in year 3.

3 words. True Point Guard. I would love to see us offer. He is the kinda kid that we'd kick ourselves over when he goes to Penn St per say.

If we are going distance for Tyus, until he commits, our offer to any serious PG prospect for 2013, 2014, and very possibly 2015 will not be as meaningful as people here seem to believe. We will be able to get mostly back-up materials. If Woodward is any good and is interested in us, he should wait till Tyus clears.

If Tubby is going all-in on Tyus -- I hope not -- and Tyus doesn't declare his intention till very late -- he should not be motivated to commit early as it benefits a player of his caliber to wait and see how things develop everywhere and pick a right place for NBA prep --, and if his choice is not us, then we may have a serious problem at the 1 for 2014 (the lack of quality back-up) and 2015 (no viable starting PG or possibly a mediocre freshman PG).

Top Bottom