Graham Woodward - 2013 Edina PG UPDATED (10/15) Commits to Penn St

He's literally 5-10

To end this topic me and my season ticket holder friends took the liberty to follow him to school, slam him straight up against the brick wall by the main entry and put a chalk mark on the brick - jumped in the get away car. Hours later we stop back to measure and he was a solid 6'-1/2" in shoes.

If we are going distance for Tyus, until he commits, our offer to any serious PG prospect for 2013, 2014, and very possibly 2015 will not be as meaningful as people here seem to believe. We will be able to get mostly back-up materials. If Woodward is any good and is interested in us, he should wait till Tyus clears. If Tubby is going all-in on Tyus -- I hope not -- and Tyus doesn't declare his intention till very late -- he should not be motivated to commit early as it benefits a player of his caliber to wait and see how things develop everywhere and pick a right place for NBA prep --, and if his choice is not us, then we may have a serious problem at the 1 for 2014 (the lack of quality back-up) and 2015 (no viable starting PG or possibly a mediocre freshman PG).
By Tyus "clearing", do you mean him committing somewhere? How does Woodward wait till Tyus "clears"? He's a Senior, Tyus is a Junior, correct? I'm probably missing something.

By Tyus "clearing", do you mean him committing somewhere? How does Woodward wait till Tyus "clears"? He's a Senior, Tyus is a Junior, correct? I'm probably missing something.

Tyus is not going to be afraid of beating out Woodward, I wouldn't worry about that angle.

You are not missing anything, my good man. My poor wording. It is just that as long as we are in the thick of Tyus lottery, we are not going to attract serious PG prospects as they must compete with Andre and then possibly Tyus later for playing time. That is not a good situation for them. Hence, until everything clears with respect to Tyus, it will be very tuff for us to get a good PG prospect for 2013, 2014, and quite possibly 2015 unless the prospect can play another position for additional playing time.

Given the roster, I think 2013 is the ideal class to add a legit PG prospect. Tubby perhaps is not going to even try to get one. At the same time, I don't think we can get one even if we try -- unless he is a combo guard or is willing to settle for back-up role.

I really believe that for 6 schollies available for the 2013 and 2014 classes combined, we will be alright if we can get 2 legit top 100 prospects and an additional top 150 guy (or two) while addressing our positional needs. They don't have to be Rashad or Tyus though it would be even better if we could get them. I don't think, however, that we need to take an extreme route that we either hit a home-run with Tyus and Rashad or die. If Woodward is any good, Tubby should think about plan B and when to change the course. But, when I look at some recent offers Tubby has made, I just don't get a clue as to where we are going. Just concerned.

Given the roster, I think 2013 is the ideal class to add a legit PG prospect. Tubby perhaps is not going to even try to get one. At the same time, I don't think we can get one even if we try.

Can't get one if we try? I think we could 'get' Graham if we offered.

You are not missing anything, my good man. My poor wording. It is just that as long as we are in the thick of Tyus lottery, we are not going to attract serious PG prospects as they must compete with Andre and then possibly Tyus later for playing time. That is not a good situation for them.

Tyus isn't going to be afraid of beating out Woodard, or really any point guard for that matter. If Tyus were to come to Minnesota, we'll slide Dre over to shooting guard. Dre played most of his high school career at shooting guard.

Tyus isn't going to be afraid of beating out Woodard, or really any point guard for that matter. If Tyus were to come to Minnesota, we'll slide Dre over to shooting guard.

You are spot on. It's that simple.

Tyus isn't going to be afraid of beating out Woodard, or really any point guard for that matter. If Tyus were to come to Minnesota, we'll slide Dre over to shooting guard. Dre played most of his high school career at shooting guard.

I haven't said a thing to imply that Tyus is or should be afraid of Woodward, or why Tyus should or should not come here. Rather, I am saying that the whole situation here is not good for Woodward or other PG prospects as long as we are chasing after Tyus.

I am saying that the whole situation here is not good for Woodward or other PG prospects as long as we are chasing after Tyus.

Why not? He may have to be a back-up for two years and then take over. Big deal.

Practicing against a potential All-Big Ten point guard one year (Andre), a future NBA point guard the next year (Tyus, and maybe Andre depending on how he develops). and then having the chance to start for two years after doesn't sound like such a bad situation to me unless they're hoping to leave college after one or two years.

Why not? He may have to be a back-up for two years and then take over. Big deal.

We don't know how long Tyus is going to play college ball. If Woodward is happy with his back-up role for whatever amount of time, then that is that.

Woodard has accepted a scholarship to Penn State.

Damn, thought he would be a nice late addition. I really think we need another PG option since Welch is leaving this year.

Shiet. This kid can ball.

I hate not going after local kids and reaching on players staff knows very little about. The juco, mav, chip.

Shiet. This kid can ball.

I hate not going after local kids and reaching on players staff knows very little about. The juco, mav, chip.

Good choice for this kid, I think that Penn State is going to fit him perfectly, even if the Gophers had offered I just don't think he fits Tubby's style, athletic and can get to the rim, is a match.

Good choice for this kid, I think that Penn State is going to fit him perfectly, even if the Gophers had offered I just don't think he fits Tubby's style, athletic and can get to the rim, is a match.
Athletic and get to the rim? Don't really know if that's Tubby's style or not. We don't seem to get to the line a lot. I would have liked to see us offer Woodward. Always room for a shooter especially on a team that never seems to have enough of them. He could have been Tyus's Steve Kerr.

Athletic and get to the rim? Don't really know if that's Tubby's style or not. We don't seem to get to the line a lot. I would have liked to see us offer Woodward. Always room for a shooter especially on a team that never seems to have enough of them. He could have been Tyus's Steve Kerr.

I'm not convinced that Graham is a "shooter"...

Distributor, floor general, pesky defender is how I see him....

That said, would have been a nice role player to come in and spell our point guard and have faith that he wasn't a turnover factory or a black hole. Guys you can trust off the bench are very valuable...

Even though I knew it was a long shot I had kinda hoped we would offer. Give him a couple years and he can torch us like Taylor Battle.

Good luck to Graham!

Athletic and get to the rim? Don't really know if that's Tubby's style or not.

3od5u8.jpg

Attachments

• 3od5u8.jpg
    3od5u8.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 9

It's suppose to be his M.O. lol Like the Grisvold cousin Eddie reference anyhow. Pressure defense? up tempo? I haven't seen anymore than Monson showed.

I get that, but that isn't related to his penchant for recruiting almost exclusively freak athletes, often to the detriment of almost everything else.

Without Mbakwe most of the year, we still finished 5th in the Big Ten in free throw attempts per game last year. Not great but getting over 20 attempts per game is solid.

Graham isn't going to be a Gopher but he's gonna have a good college career somewhere. Good student, good kid, good player. No scholly for him at the U unless something changes in a hurry. Too bad because he'd be a good addition to any program.

Bump. Was fun to watch him play tonight. Not really fun to watch the Gophers with no hustle tho!

Bump. Was fun to watch him play tonight. Not really fun to watch the Gophers with no hustle tho!

Wow, nice one. We win by 20 with him in our backcourt tonite - a guy who can handle the ball, play D, and knock down 3's.

Never would have thought Reggie would have turned out this much better than Graham, or better at all. That was a fun Edina team to watch with the two of them a few years ago. The former Missouri valley conference recruit is now a stud in the Big Ten and the former 1st team all state Big Ten recruit is now in the Missouri Valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom