All Things Jarvis Johnson Thread

GophersOnTheRise

Reaction score
If Tubby can keep a majority of the top 2014 and 2015 Minnesota kids in-state, the Gophers could be pretty special. Here's a new video of Jarvis Johnson, only the 3rd best Minnesota prospect in the 2015 class. Says a lot about the talent in that class.

Tubby better get this kid. He reminds me of Russel Westbrook!!

Jarvis is number 2 not 3 playing a up a year higher than wilson for pump n run and starting. plus has high major offer from IOWA ST, no high majors for Marshawn yet. THESCOUT

Jarvis is number 2 not 3 playing a up a year higher than wilson for pump n run and starting. plus has high major offer from IOWA ST, no high majors for Marshawn yet. THESCOUT

Henry is also playing down on 15s. I assure you he would be the best player on 16s and arguably the best on 17s (him or Reid). There's more to the equation than simply who is more talented when putting together the rosters. Ryan James has been saying for a while now that it goes Illikainen, Wilson, then Jarvis. Either way, Jarvis is a very good player.

Fact is RYAN JAMES currently has Jarvis number 2. per his current and prior northstar hoop ratings 2015!. Metro media sports, and max preps have Jarvis higher. Jarvis has more and better offers than Marshawn. Travis has better scoring and rebounding averages for pump 17s than henry has for pump 15s so now tell You can tell me that pump 15s are better than pump 17s. THESCOUT!

Fact is RYAN JAMES currently has Jarvis number 2. per his current and prior northstar hoop ratings 2015!. Metro media sports, and max preps have Jarvis higher. Jarvis has more and better offers than Marshawn. Travis has better scoring and rebounding averages for pump 17s than henry has for pump 15s so now tell You can tell me that pump 15s are better than pump 17s. THESCOUT!

Who said 15s were better than 17s? That sentence was only partially coherent, so maybe I read it incorrectly. Didn't know he changed his rankings, but I still think Marshawn is a little better than Jarvis. Very close though, so I won't argue. Reid is currently a better player than Henry, but Henry is a better prospect.

Henry is the top prospect in mn Pumpnrun system. However to say he is a better player NOW than Ian thesian 14ppg 9rpg for big school champs OSSEO,Travis 20ppg and 10rpg for state champs DE, And Graham Woodard 2nd team all metro, all top players on their team are better players than a kid who put up 12ppg and 3rd leading scorer for a non champion Div 2 school in wisc. I like Russo also as a better player today. Despite Henry and Coffey and Marshawn the pump 16s did beat the pump15s this year.

Actually Ryans ratings from March and June have Jarvis higher. Not that Ryan or anyone else is infallable. I agree with ryan and college coaches in Liking JJ more. JJ needs to shoot quite a bit better to be really highly rated and recruited. But a quality program offer by Iowa state gives him an objective edge so far on Marshawn

reid travis offer from Purdue puts him on par with henry for big time offers. Looks like Reid wil be getting some top 100 2014 rankings.

All Things Jarvis Johnson Thread UPDATED 1/15: Jarvis to attend Michigan game

DeLaSalle PG Jarvis Johnson Hoping for Gophers Scholarship Offer

Jarvis and his sister Tyseanna may be a package deal.

By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/175057?referrer_id=331171

Jarvis Johnson, a rising sophomore point guard from Minneapolis DeLaSalle, has already landed six scholarship offers to date and has attracted interested from homestate school Minnesota. Johnson helped lead the Islanders to the Class AAA state title as they finished 26-5, winning their last 14 straight games

Johnson picked the right time to step up his game in the postseason last March. He averaged 6.2 points per game during the regular season with only five double figure scoring efforts, but has scored 15 and 16 points in the Islanders’ two sectional wins over Minneapolis Patrick Henry and St. Anthony Village and 22 points in their first round state tournament 65-46 win over Detroit Lakes.

Jarvis is not the only state champion in the Johnson family. His older sister, Tyseanna Johnson, had 19 points and 11 rebounds, her third straight double-double of the state tournament to lead DeLaSalle to its first-ever girls state basketball title.

She was named to the All-Tournament team after scoring 58 points and grabbing 35 rebounds in three DeLaSalle wins. She is being recruited by several top programs, including the Golden Gophers

Gopher Hole recently caught up with Jarvis Johnson to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: What is the latest on your recruitment right now?

Jarvis Johnson: I talked to Gonzaga and Purdue and they told me that they are interested, but I have to talk to them more and they are going to come and watch me more.

Gopher Hole: Are you going to try to make any visits before school starts?

Jarvis Johnson: I think that I am visiting Iowa State and Creighton with my sister.

Gopher Hole: Those two schools have offered you already. Who else has extended a scholarship offer?

Jarvis Johnson: I have UNI (University of Northern Iowa), New Mexico State, Buffalo and Wyoming.

Gopher Hole: That has to make you feel awfully proud having six offers before your sophomore season.

Jarvis Johnson: Yes.

Gopher Hole: Does that make you want to work even harder to continue to add even more schools to that list?

Jarvis Johnson: Yes. To get high major D1’s. I want to work every day.

Gopher Hole: What things have you been working on to continue to improve yourself as a player?

Jarvis Johnson: My jump shot and conditioning, because I have been out of shape lately.

Gopher Hole: Have you had much of a chance to play with your DeLaSalle teammates?

Jarvis Johnson: We went to the UNI team camp and we didn’t lose any games. I think that we will be pretty good.

Gopher Hole: With you and Reid Travis back and winning a title, a lot of people are expecting you to be the favorite again. Is that something that you like because everyone is going to give you your best game?

Jarvis Johnson: Yes. I like pressure. I’ll be ready. Definitely.

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from Minnesota?

Jarvis Johnson: Tubby hasn’t talked to me yet, but I heard that he was interested. I don’t know if he will offer or not, but I hope so.

Gopher Hole: Would you like to stay close to home? I know that you are still far away from any decision that you would make.

Jarvis Johnson: I’m really waiting to see what my sister does. Me and her are really tight, so I am just waiting to see what she does and then from there on, we’ll see.

Gopher Hole: What schools is she hearing from?

Jarvis Johnson: She has N.C. State, Memphis, Minnesota, Iowa State, Creighton. A lot of them. I’m not sure where she is leaning to, though.

I really like what I see, especially for a 2015 kid, offer him tomorrow!

It's relieving to hear that he is looking for an offer from us.

After Jarvis gets a couple more offers from teams with stronger programs than the U Tubby will decide to offer! THESCOUT!

his sis just committed to Iowa St. Tubby better wake up and offer Jarvis.

WOW! That is an extremely impressive video! Get after him a tubby I'd love to see him playing in the barn!

islander hoops twitter reports two more final 4 coaches visiting players at DE this week

that puts JJ top 45 rivals class of 2015. A couple others have him top 50 2015 also. If he was rivals 2 or 3 star and a out of state kid the Tubby would probably be more interested. Big kid from Grand Rapids not rated in this group

Guru Van Coleman rates Jarvis a Mid Major . Rivals top 45 Coleman top 300ish

Guru Van Coleman rates Jarvis a Mid Major . Rivals top 45 Coleman top 300ish

But he also has Jones at 25 and Vaughn isn't in the top 55, I kind of wonder if he doesn't rate based on regional ties.

When D plays Findlay Prep at the Corn Palace this season Travis and Jarvis will get a shot to exhibit their game against a team so loaded that gopher prospect Gavin Schilling is rated 4th best recruit on the team.

Jarvis Johnson just retweeted GH's tweet:

"@GopherHole: Big time #Gophers recruits @Reid_Travis_22 & @Bigjarv12 will reportedly attend #Gophers #Wolverines game at rowdy Barn Thur night."

Go Gophers!!

This would be a disappointing get for the Gophers.

Top Bottom