All Things Jarvis Johnson Thread

Shot looks much improved. Decent interview as well. Great showing in the first weekend with Pulley.

Go Gophers!

Sounds like a fun kid to talk to. For being only 5'11, he sure dunks the ball with ease! It's nice to hear him say he is establishing a good relationship with Alex Illikainen and that they have been successful because of each other! Certainly can't hurt our cause if they decide they would be interested in playing together in college.

Sounds like a fun kid to talk to. For being only 5'11, he sure dunks the ball with ease! It's nice to hear him say he is establishing a good relationship with Alex Illikainen and that they have been successful because of each other! Certainly can't hurt our cause if they decide they would be interested in playing together in college.

Not that it matters that much, but Jarvis is 6'1" now. Still an incredible athlete though. Ton of fun to watch.

Love seeing him play with Illkainen. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Shot looks much improved. Decent interview as well. Great showing in the first weekend with Pulley.

Go Gophers!

I know the two schools that I want this kid to either commit too...would be fun to see him stay for the home team though so I can go and watch him kill the other guards in the B10. And my lord can he get up so effortlessly!

Marquette's wojo offered Jarvis over the weekend after having their 2015 pg decommit, that's a another team to watch now, as I'm 95% confident he will be going to school somewhere in this region due to circumstances

Sent from my LIFE PLAY using Tapatalk

Love seeing him play with Illkainen. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

If we do get Illikainen we are going to have a bunch of 4's in 2015. King/Martin/Illikainen/Diedihou/Buggs. Buggs is going to have to improve a ton next year, otherwise I just don't see him fitting in. Illikainen and Diedihou will hopefully be able to play the 5 as well. My Ideal lineup for 2015 would be:

Jarvis/Mason
Trier/Lofton/Mcneil
Morris/Mcneil
Martin/King/Illikainen
Manyang/Diedihou

I still think there is a chance Buggs develops into a 3. Same for Martin, eventually (that is his goal anyways).

If we do get Illikainen we are going to have a bunch of 4's in 2015. King/Martin/Illikainen/Diedihou/Buggs. Buggs is going to have to improve a ton next year, otherwise I just don't see him fitting in. Illikainen and Diedihou will hopefully be able to play the 5 as well. My Ideal lineup for 2015 would be:

Jarvis/Mason
Trier/Lofton/Mcneil
Morris/Mcneil
Martin/King/Illikainen
Manyang/Diedihou

I'll give you 100 dollars if Trier, Jarvis, AI, and Manyang all commit to the Gophers. It's not going to happen.

Getting Jarvis at any time would be great, but what we really need is an early commitment from Jarvis.

Having a great PG prospect locked up often-times has a domino effect on recruiting.

I'll give you 100 dollars if Trier, Jarvis, AI, and Manyang all commit to the Gophers. It's not going to happen.

Nothing wrong with hoping. I like our chances with Jarvis. Both Dre's will be gone and he'd have a chance right out of the gate to start. Trier is a complete wildcard. He is going to have alot of good programs to choose from. With Alex, alot depends on how Martin/Diedihou and Buggs progress. Manyang would have a chance to come in and start in 2015 and get plenty of playing time. He's going to have some good programs after him as well. We should get a good gauge in 2015, on how well Pitino can recruit to Minnesota.

When would we "expect" Alex and Jarvis to make their commitments, not necessarily to the gophers. Would it be this coming fall like September? I'm not really into keeping track of recruiting dates and stuff.

When would we "expect" Alex and Jarvis to make their commitments, not necessarily to the gophers. Would it be this coming fall like September? I'm not really into keeping track of recruiting dates and stuff.

Yeah, late summer/early fall is when most recruits make there commitments. I'd expect a decision around then.

Jarvis/Mason
Trier/Lofton/Mcneil
Morris/Mcneil
Martin/King/Illikainen
Manyang/Diedihou
I'd take sacar anim too, he could be depth guy as an underclassmen at the wing, plus it might help us with Jarvis as well

Nothing wrong with hoping. I like our chances with Jarvis. Both Dre's will be gone and he'd have a chance right out of the gate to start. Trier is a complete wildcard. He is going to have alot of good programs to choose from. With Alex, alot depends on how Martin/Diedihou and Buggs progress. Manyang would have a chance to come in and start in 2015 and get plenty of playing time. He's going to have some good programs after him as well. We should get a good gauge in 2015, on how well Pitino can recruit to Minnesota.

I agree he will have to split time with Koening at Wisconsin for a couple years, can't see Bo giving the keys to a freshman at PG, also Mason's a combo guard, so he can move over as well and Jarvis can start a frosh here

Marquette's wojo offered Jarvis over the weekend after having their 2015 pg decommit, that's a another team to watch now, as I'm 95% confident he will be going to school somewhere in this region due to circumstances

"Because of reasons"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Richard Pitino met with 4 star DeLaSalle Point Guard Jarvis Johnson this morning at DeLaSalle HS</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/459008844715130880">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Richard Pitino met with 4 star DeLaSalle Point Guard Jarvis Johnson this morning at DeLaSalle HS</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/459008844715130880">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

Can Jarvis travel with Richard, Jack and Jill to Grand Rapids? Awesome road trip for the biological and basketball family.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Michigan State has offered DeLaSalle/Howard Pulley PG Jarvis Johnson a scholarship.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/460953294869766144">April 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

I honestly think we won't get a commitment from either Jarvis or Illikainen. I think Jarvis will go somewhere bigger with a better tradition, and I think Illikainen will go smaller to somewhere like Creighton, Saint Louis, or Xavier

I honestly think we won't get a commitment from either Jarvis or Illikainen. I think Jarvis will go somewhere bigger with a better tradition, and I think Illikainen will go smaller to somewhere like Creighton, Saint Louis, or Xavier

I think he's more likely to end up with one of the elite programs. I can envision a huge summer for him.

So does Jarvis want to be Tum Tum's or Koening's back up or does he want to be the man at his home school? I feel really confident with Big Al, but Jarvis could go either way, you'd think his coach being on Clem's staff and us having Ben Johnson would help?

I think the opposite and we get both Jarvis and Alex. I think this team surprises many and wins next year. We could be the Nebraska type team from this year - even better. I think Pitino carries some clout now with these two and gets them to sign this fall.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Michigan State has offered DeLaSalle/Howard Pulley PG Jarvis Johnson a scholarship.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/460953294869766144">April 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

tripleH.gif

Why do you care that MSU offered Jarvis? At some point a player of his caliber is going to get an offer from a program that is "better" than Minnesota. The Gophers are either going to land him due to relationships/style of play/proximity to home or they are going to lose him to MSU/Kansas/Whoever. The equation doesn't change. If we want to land good players, we're going to have to beat out good programs for them.

Why do you care that MSU offered Jarvis? At some point a player of his caliber is going to get an offer from a program that is "better" than Minnesota. The Gophers are either going to land him due to relationships/style of play/proximity to home or they are going to lose him to MSU/Kansas/Whoever. The equation doesn't change. If we want to land good players, we're going to have to beat out good programs for them.

That's the fact, Jack.

Right now, gun to my head, I predict Jarvis goes elsewhere. He seems to have that mindset too many local kids have that they want to get away. I suspect we get a high 3-star or 4-star PG from the northeast. I think we get Illikainen though.

Top Bottom