Gopher Football Jerseys?

mnsportsgeek

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any experience purchasing Gopher Jerseys. I'm looking at getting a Marqueis Gray #5 but I don't want the stupid printed jersey that goldy's locker room sells. Is there anywhere that sells replica stitched jerseys?

I would be interested in that, too. The authentic would be a nice look.

I bought the replica at the State Fair. They only had gold (Maroon versions were available for kids), and they only had #5. But overall, I think it is of a little better quality than previous replicas. "Ski-U-Mah" in the collar is stitched, as is the block M on the collar. The printed numbers actually have the brick pattern in them. "Minnesota" is not printed on the back of the jersey, so it is not 100% identical to the actual jersey (that is the only part of the gold jersey that I think is a little out of place anyway).

But I agree that an authentic would be awesome. Not sure where you would go about getting that though. It is frustrating to go to Madison and see an abundance of authentic jerseys for multiple sports with multiple numbers available.

Anyway, just wanted to comment on the quality. I think it is a pretty nice jersey given the price.

I don't know if it exists anymore but the Mall of America used to have a store that would do custom jerseys I thought. Granted it was 15 years ago when I saw the store.

That's good to hear that the quality is good. I really want to pick one up for the home opener. I see the maroon version online. I'm not a big fan of how I would look in the gold Jersey. You could always pay someone to stitch "Gray" on the back but I think that would just look terrible with printed numbering.

They don't even need to be authentic. Just stitched numbering like NFL.com does for like $110. They have replicas for $80, premium replicas for $110, and authentic for near $300. If the U could just order some of those premium stitched replicas like the Vikings have that would be great! I'm sure they are worried about anyone paying more for a better Jersey seeing as how our fan following isn't that great.

afurry91 said:
That's good to hear that the quality is good. I really want to pick one up for the home opener. I see the maroon version online. I'm not a big fan of how I would look in the gold Jersey. You could always pay someone to stitch "Gray" on the back but I think that would just look terrible with printed numbering.

They don't even need to be authentic. Just stitched numbering like NFL.com does for like $110. They have replicas for $80, premium replicas for $110, and authentic for near $300. If the U could just order some of those premium stitched replicas like the Vikings have that would be great! I'm sure they are worried about anyone paying more for a better Jersey seeing as how our fan following isn't that great.

What's the difference between "premium replica" and "authentic"? Game jerseys look ridiculous if you wear them without pads and/or are skin tight, so I thought all stitched jerseys that you buy would be premium replica?

Goldy's will never have good jerseys for sale. Hockey fans have been dealing with them for the last 10 years on this. They say they won't order then because they are too expensive and they think they won't sell. They would rather have a small stock of the crappy jerseys that they can make a ton of profit on then actually get a nice product people want. Unfortunately it will take a small independent person/company like the guy who runs http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/StoreFront.bok if you ever want a quality football jersey.

It's possible the U doesn't have that kind of a merchandise deal with Nike, so authentic jerseys aren't readily available. It seems hard to believe for a B1G school. Just look at the hockey Jerseys. Plenty are for sale, but they seem slightly off from what the team actually wears. And special jerseys (such as retros game jerseys) are not readily available when the team wears them.

Hopefully Norwood fixes that deal.

^ Agreed. That's a HUGE market they are losing out on, if that is the case.

It's possible the U doesn't have that kind of a merchandise deal with Nike, so authentic jerseys aren't readily available. It seems hard to believe for a B1G school. Just look at the hockey Jerseys. Plenty are for sale, but they seem slightly off from what the team actually wears. And special jerseys (such as retros game jerseys) are not readily available when the team wears them.

Hopefully Norwood fixes that deal.

I think you're right. I don't think that authentic Minnesota football jerseys actually exist for sale. I did a search online, and I only found replicas. Could be part of the deal with Nike. Seems like they're missing out on a market though.

I really can't believe they don't sell authentic hockey jerseys though. I know several people who won't buy replicas. They'll only buy authentic, with the fight strap etc.

I think you're right. I don't think that authentic Minnesota football jerseys actually exist for sale. I did a search online, and I only found replicas. Could be part of the deal with Nike. Seems like they're missing out on a market though.

I really can't believe they don't sell authentic hockey jerseys though. I know several people who won't buy replicas. They'll only buy authentic, with the fight strap etc.
Resurrecting an old thread...any progress on the authentic jersey front?

Search of bookstore web site came up dry still.

Come on Gopher properties folks!

Resurrecting an old thread...any progress on the authentic jersey front?

Search of bookstore web site came up dry still.

Come on Gopher properties folks!

Go to the Athletic Dept. sale this Spring. 100% REAL jerseys.

I bought replica jerseys both last year and this year. Last year's was crap; this year's is much better quality in both the fabric and the silkscreen printing. I get compliments on it all the time, and I live nowhere near Minnesota. :)

Has anyone purchased a "2014" Gopher replica jersey online? Looks like on several sites (Fanatics.com) they are either selling #9 or #27. Most sites are around $89/90.

Any feedback on this or a different jersey would be appreciated? I'm out of state, so bookstore/Goldy's is not an option.

One more good season and authentic, fully stitched jerseys will start appearing on those grammatically errant chinese jersey websites.

Goldy's has the Nike Replica Jersey for $95.

One more good season and authentic, fully stitched jerseys will start appearing on those grammatically errant chinese jersey websites.
I got a Bridgewater jersey from the far east that looks like the real thing for only 26$.

I got a Bridgewater jersey from the far east that looks like the real thing for only 26$.

eBay or a Chinese site? I've never been bold enough to give my credit card # to a Chinese web site.

My mistake here's the link I was looking at https://www.mygophersports.com/online/miscItemDetail.asp I did a search for Goldy's Locker Room and got Gopher Sports. It is the stitched jersey. I do believe that I saw it also at the Goldy's at the stadium.

Unless you have actually seen the new jerseys in person, I believe the MATERIAL is higher quality, but the numbers are still screen printed.

I will sell a white AUTHENTIC jersey from the equipment sale. Tackle twill numbers on front/back. Minnesota on the front.
I also have an AUTHENTIC 61 Eslinger (the outland trophy winner). This would look good framed if you're into gopher memorabilia...

My mistake here's the link I was looking at https://www.mygophersports.com/online/miscItemDetail.asp I did a search for Goldy's Locker Room and got Gopher Sports. It is the stitched jersey. I do believe that I saw it also at the Goldy's at the stadium.

I'm pretty sure that is still a printed jersey. I think the only stitched jerseys you can get are Hockey right now.

It's a bummer when the cheap china knockoffs are more durable than the ones for $100 because they aren't screen printed. I will never buy another screen printed jersey again.

Top Bottom