***OFFICIAL*** Game Day Thread @ UNLV 8/30

CrocShots

Not Minnesota Nice
Reaction score
SKI-U-MAH!

I'll be over on the FBT chat helping to mod, if you like your Footbawww chatting a bit more crass.

If anyone listened to TDG Podcast, the lead UNLV guy just said, "We have a new deep threat at WR. He's 6'3, but I can't remember his name." LAWLZ

I'm so pumped. Work productivity is nil today, I just keep hitting refresh on GopherHole.

Heading to Champps Richfield to watch the Vikes pre-season game tonight and some of the Twinkies (both yuck) and then heading home for the main course. 6 hours of football, how I've missed you...

I just finalized the menu with a couple friends. I am picking some pulled pork bbq, and the hoagies, One guys wife is making her potato salad, and a third guy says he is bringing the beer. He says he's bringing Summitt Pale Ale and Pielsner. Our kick off time is 8 PM. This is kind of non conference tailgait. Make sure we can execute

Should be a great night of football. Hoping they throttle UNLV and start the season with a bang!!

Now that we are past lunch, I think I am officially worthless. We are gathering 6 die hards tonight after the kiddos go to bed. Bacon wrapped sirlion on the menu with some GB Nordeast. Our Chili is hot. By the way, Is the depth chart out yet?

Good luck tonight, golden gophers. I'll be watching

Please try not to find a way to lose to UNLV, for pete's sake...

Gopher Equipment ‏@GopherFBEquip

“@GopherGridiron: Any guesses as to what uniform combo will be outfitting our players with tonight? #VivaLasGophers” Will reveal shortly

This is a big game. Yes, we should win and win big but more importantly we need to put this team away like a Big Ten team should.
Same with New Hampshire but I think Western Michigan could be a tough go. They have a heck a of QB coming back this year and didn't lose much. They were 8th in the nation in passing last year, should test our secondary.

Eitherway, it all starts tonight..............GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOPHERS!

Man, I'm going to needs lots and lots of caffeine to make it tonight. Living in the EST zone sucks! That said, bring on the "FOOTBAW"!!!!!

Man, I'm going to needs lots and lots of caffeine to make it tonight. Living in the EST zone sucks! That said, bring on the "FOOTBAW"!!!!!

Tell me about it. I have to be up a 4am cst to go to work. Going to be doing zombie gopher all day on friday. I just hope I drink my coffee instead of thinking it's eyedrops.

Tell me about it. I have to be up a 4am cst to go to work. Going to be doing zombie gopher all day on friday. I just hope I drink my coffee instead of thinking it's eyedrops.

I hear ya...
Gotta get up early & go fight holiday weekend traffic all day til who nows when.

Next week will be all crazy cuz we missed a day.

Sall good...

I'll stay up til I fall asleep, got the box programmed for record, sleep timer set...

Check when I wake if I don't make it til the end.

It's gonna be a loooong day tomorrow, regardless the outcome of tonights game. I have to be at work at 5am. Which means 4am wake up time. I might as well nap now for a few hours because I'm not going to get sleep tonight.

Ski U MAH!

I hear ya...
Gotta get up early & go fight holiday weekend traffic all day til who nows when.

Next week will be all crazy cuz we missed a day.

Sall good...

I'll stay up til I fall asleep, got the box programmed for record, sleep timer set...

Check when I wake if I don't make it til the end.

This is how you know you're getting old.

This is a big game. Yes, we should win and win big but more importantly we need to put this team away like a Big Ten team should.
Same with New Hampshire but I think Western Michigan could be a tough go. They have a heck a of QB coming back this year and didn't lose much. They were 8th in the nation in passing last year, should test our secondary.

Eitherway, it all starts tonight..............GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOPHERS!

We should find out a little big about W. Michigan this weekend as they play at Illinois. Although, the weather may be miserable because of Isaac so it may be hard to judge.

Everybody gets old...
Or not...

I'm with you there. I'm just hoping that they are blowing UNLV out by half times so I can just go to bed and not worry about it too much.

I'm with you there. I'm just hoping that they are blowing UNLV out by half times so I can just go to bed and not worry about it too much.

Hell yeah!!!
That would be sweet...

Either way I'm all in.

I can't wait to see who has the first meltdown in this thread. Unless it was just a drunken haze, I think I remember FireCosgroveGuy was born during the first quarter of the Syracuse game in 2009.

First game of the year threads are always fun.

The first UNLV big play will result in endless "WE SUCK DISBAND NOW" posts. Glorious, because it means we'll be talking (err, sorta) about ACTUAL FOOTBAWW

Gophers at -9.5 at Cosmopolitan. Gotten some enthusiastic Ski U Mahs and one dud. Off to tailgate. Star Fields Nursery number 13!!!

Top Bottom