New Stadium Update

This is for all you guys that are so willing to give up on beer in Gopher Stadium:

From Charlie Walter's Column in todays Pioneer Press: "The State Legislature might consider a bill that would allow any ticket buyer, not just those in luxury suites and premium seating areas of the Gophers' TCF Bank Stadium, access to beer and wine."

The Regents can only enact policies that tax paying citiezens allow them to get away with. If enough noise is made by regular season ticket holders there can be beer in Gopher Stadum come September.

This is absurd, we are in a financial crisis and booze at 7-8 Gopher games per year is what they are concerned with? Give me a break. :mad:

Dito...I once had 5 liter wine bladder strapped to my back for a game in the Dome as a student (turned out to be a terrible idea, btw).

I had a friend who tried to sneak Captain into XCel Energy Center with a doubled up ziploc bag in his pants...When we were walking to the concession stand for a mixer it looked like he was peeing himself.:clap::clap::clap:

"Yeah, since 2006 all students get a fairly thorough pat-down before we enter the stadium. Usually I have to take out my cell phone just so they know its not a little liquor bottle in my pocket. So i doubt a liter of anything gets past them (at the student entrance anyways)."

Crotch it... Worked when they patted down in 2006.

In all seriousness though, I could care less whether they sold alcohol to the general public at the U games since they dont do it for other sports.

This is absurd, we are in a financial crisis and booze at 7-8 Gopher games per year is what they are concerned with? Give me a break. :mad:

In reading this board for the last 2-3 years, there is a significant number of fans who aren't happy unless they have the ability to be blotto every single game.

But it is like a private country club. In order to enjoy the amenities, you need to shell out extra money. It's just like anything else in life.
If you don't like it, you don't have to attend.
Personally, I don't care what they do. If beer is available for us common folks, I may enjoy 3-4 over the course of the season...But I can take it or leave it. Especially at $6 for a flat, watered-down Miller Lite.
I've never understood the obsession with drinking to excess at sporting events. A colossal waste of money. I've gotten in the habit of having 1-2 beforehand (at someplace cheap), then going out for dinner and drinks afterward. Try it sometime.

I am calling BS with your entire take. Ive been drinking Summits for years at Gopher games. Worth every penny. Its you own damn fault you wasted your chance on a flat watered down miller lite.

Quote: "I am calling BS with your entire take. Ive been drinking Summits for years at Gopher games. Worth every penny. Its you own damn fault you wasted your chance on a flat watered down miller lite."

For some reason the Summit Beer at Gopher games seem to taste better than anywhere else. If all I had to drink was miller lite I would give up drinking beer.

Crotch it... Worked when they patted down in 2006.

still works today

Top Bottom