Jordan Hinojosa

getthemall

Reaction score
Friends,
Hope all is well. A little info on Jordan.

Jordan right now is at Coffeyville CC. He had to retake the ACT. He passed it but the grade did not come through before the June 11 school start date. He is 100% eliible now. Since we didn't know what the ACT grade would be, Coach Miller, Coach Kill and myself decided to enroll him at the JUCO so no time would be wasted.

He is a FULL Gopher. Will be at Coffeyville for one semester and be at MN in January. It was a tough road but he made it.

Guys thanks for your support. Bless all of you and be looking out for him this fall at Coffeyville. He will be starting. The have online radio and streams

Thanks for the update getthemall - great to hear that things are in line for Jordan to join the Gophers. I hope his semester goes well in Kansas and looking forward to seeing him here in the Winter.

Out of curiosity, does he have to play this year and use a year of eligibility? Can't he just be a student at XYZ Juco and come to the U with 5.5 to play 4?

Go Gophers!!

That's great news. Let him know we were all rooting for him.

Thanks for fillling us in on Jordan.

Let us know how we can follow Coffeyville CC and Jordan thru online radio and/or online streams.

Thanks for the update!! Here's to hoping your son keeps his hard-working mentality and makes it up to Dinkytown in a few months!!

Thanks for the update. We're all looking forward to Jordan coming to Mpls.

Thank you for clearing things up. I was looking forward to seeing Jordan play and now I know I will get this chance.

Thanks for the update. As excited as we all are to see Jordan play for the Gophers, I'm sure he is even more so, I'm thrilled he's stuck with us.

Credit goes to Kill for sticking with Jordan. I think it's interesting Kill decided to have Jordan enroll in JC for a semester.

Jordan Hinojosa again. sorry

A recap on the ride.

Jordan graduated 12/18/2011. he had a transcript problem with his previous school, Archbiship Coleman Carrol. That got resolved. Then he had a problem with his ACT score. Retook it. Didnt do well. Unfortunately his mom is very ill and it's life threatning. He had a lot on his plate that I am proud he got through it.

he retook the test on 6/9/2012. School started on the 11. Since Coach Miller, Coach Kill and myself didn't know what the score would be, they decided to do what they call a gray shirt. He enrolled in Coffeyville CC. He took 3 courses in the summer and got 2 A's and a B.

Upon finishing his fall semester, he will be headed to Minnesota.

I love Coach Miller and Coach Kill. Those are genuine men that I hope Jordan's 15 year old brother plays for them or coaches like them.

Just wanted to have everything transparent because he has nothing to hide. I'm writing this in front of him so he knows what's up. You will be getting a F!@#$%ng man who will kick some a$$.

Once again, thanks

Thanks for the info. and update getthemall. Kill has always said he recruits young men of high character and it sounds like Jordan really fits the bill. We are looking forward to having Jordan on board with the Gophers.

Thanks for the update getthemall - great to hear that things are in line for Jordan to join the Gophers. I hope his semester goes well in Kansas and looking forward to seeing him here in the Winter.

Out of curiosity, does he have to play this year and use a year of eligibility? Can't he just be a student at XYZ Juco and come to the U with 5.5 to play 4?

Go Gophers!!

I don't think it works like this. I believe your eligibility clock starts running whether or not you are playing a sport. For instance, lets say a kid just enrolls to the U and is just a normal student. Then lets say that the kid magically becomes an amazing football player after two years of school. I think that kid really did burn 2 of his 5 years, so essentially he'd begin the next season as a RS-SO (burned redshirt year and FR year). I could be wrong, but I think Hinojosa will probably enroll with 4 years to play 4 (I'd imagine this will be a RS season).

Grey-shirting gets around this issue by not having the kid enroll into school until December. Jordan has already enrolled at a JuCo so I think that elgibility clock starts-a-ticking.

getthemall - - thanks for the insight. That definitely makes and it was an alternative to the eligibility question that I never thought of. He is a qualifier but he is enrolled in a JuCo as a safety net, but since he's a qualifier. . .he can leave the JuCo after a semester. Thanks! Welcome aboard Jordan.

Bob_Loblaw said:
I don't think it works like this. I believe your eligibility clock starts running whether or not you are playing a sport. For instance, lets say a kid just enrolls to the U and is just a normal student. Then lets say that the kid magically becomes an amazing football player after two years of school. I think that kid really did burn 2 of his 5 years, so essentially he'd begin the next season as a RS-SO (burned redshirt year and FR year). I could be wrong, but I think Hinojosa will probably enroll with 4 years to play 4 (I'd imagine this will be a RS season).

Grey-shirting gets around this issue by not having the kid enroll into school until December. Jordan has already enrolled at a JuCo so I think that elgibility clock starts-a-ticking.

getthemall - - thanks for the insight. That definitely makes and it was an alternative to the eligibility question that I never thought of. He is a qualifier but he is enrolled in a JuCo as a safety net, but since he's a qualifier. . .he can leave the JuCo after a semester. Thanks! Welcome aboard Jordan.

I don't know about that. Didn't Isaac F sit this past season out so it would be his RS and he would have more eligibility?

I don't know about that. Didn't Isaac F sit this past season out so it would be his RS and he would have more eligibility?

Yes, but he played year 1 juco, sat out year 2 juco, and will play years 3, 4, and 5 for the Gophers, so it fits with what Bob said because he's only using 5 years to play the 4.

Thoughts go out to Jordan's mom and the family - I hope she is is OK.

Absolutely, Ned. Our best to Jordan's mom in this time of her illness.

Wonder Rivals didn't carry Jordan's three stars over from his 2012 listing to the 2013 listing. Seeing that he committed in July reminds me why he didn't get offers from Miami (FL) and Penn State like he's getting now. Now that he is in JC the sharks are circling a little to see if there might be an opening...

Gophers09 said:
Yes, but he played year 1 juco, sat out year 2 juco, and will play years 3, 4, and 5 for the Gophers, so it fits with what Bob said because he's only using 5 years to play the 4.

Sorry, I read the post Bob was responding to too quickly. I thought the question "was can't he sit this year out?" And didn't read the part about 5.5 years to play 4, which I agree would be wrong. But what I meant is, why couldn't he sit this season out and then have 4 years to play 4? Isaac basically did that except had 1 year less.

Sorry, I read the post Bob was responding to too quickly. I thought the question "was can't he sit this year out?" And didn't read the part about 5.5 years to play 4, which I agree would be wrong. But what I meant is, why couldn't he sit this season out and then have 4 years to play 4? Isaac basically did that except had 1 year less.

Yeah, I am confused as to why he wouldn't just sit out / take his RS at Coffeyville this season. My guess is that it wasn't something that Coffeyville was interested in doing. I assume that Coffeyville gave Jordan a scholarship to go play football in Kansas and they probably wouldn't be on board for that type of thing if they have a player who only arrives to campus for 6 months and then leaves (without ever playing football). In contrast, Fruechte wasn't on scholarship at Rochester. I don't think MN JuCo's can give scholarships and even if they can, I am sure Isaac would have been willing to pay for a semester of RCC in order to comply with the U's wishes. They also got a year out of him already.

coaches don't want him to go a year w/o football...

Is that what you heard or is that your guess?

I only ask because it doesn't make much sense at all. It wouldn't be much different from him RSing here. He could practice with the Coffeyville team, he could workout, etc. Additionally, our staff has flirted with the idea of gray-shirting players who literally sit out an entire season.

Thanks for the update getthemall. My prayers go out to Jordan's mom.

Yeah, I am confused as to why he wouldn't just sit out / take his RS at Coffeyville this season. My guess is that it wasn't something that Coffeyville was interested in doing. I assume that Coffeyville gave Jordan a scholarship to go play football in Kansas and they probably wouldn't be on board for that type of thing if they have a player who only arrives to campus for 6 months and then leaves (without ever playing football). In contrast, Fruechte wasn't on scholarship at Rochester. I don't think MN JuCo's can give scholarships and even if they can, I am sure Isaac would have been willing to pay for a semester of RCC in order to comply with the U's wishes. They also got a year out of him already.
I played football at a Minnesota JuCo and you are correct that they can't give scholarships out as it is part of their MCAC conference rules. I wonder if in Jordans case he will end up basically being a redshirt at Coffeyville and still practice and workout with the team but not play any games to preserve a year of eligibility or if he will just not be a part of the football program there.

getthemall, thanks! As soon as we saw that Jordan wasn't on the current enroll list, we thought of you and was hoping you'd come and clear the air. Best of luck to Jordan and definitely look forward to seeing him in maroon and gold!

getthemall, thanks! As soon as we saw that Jordan wasn't on the current enroll list, we thought of you and was hoping you'd come and clear the air. Best of luck to Jordan and definitely look forward to seeing him in maroon and gold!

Formo, I am saving you from the wrath of dpodoll by performing the act of his Deputy Grammar Sheriff. :)

Friends,
Hope all is well. A little info on Jordan.

Jordan right now is at Coffeyville CC. He had to retake the ACT. He passed it but the grade did not come through before the June 11 school start date. He is 100% eliible now. Since we didn't know what the ACT grade would be, Coach Miller, Coach Kill and myself decided to enroll him at the JUCO so no time would be wasted.

He is a FULL Gopher. Will be at Coffeyville for one semester and be at MN in January. It was a tough road but he made it.

Guys thanks for your support. Bless all of you and be looking out for him this fall at Coffeyville. He will be starting. The have online radio and streams

great to hear and congrats to him for getting his stuff in order. hope to truly see jordan on campus in mpls come this january. thanks for the update on things.

GO GOPHERS!

This is great news, well except for the part about Jordan's mother, I hope she's doing ok. DT is a position of need, I can envision Jordan pushing for playing time in short order. Welcome back!

Top Bottom