Big Ten and Pac 12 are suspending plans for expanding scheduling across all sports

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet from Tom Dienhart:

"The Big Ten and Pac-12 have announced they are suspending plans for expanding scheduling across all sports."

Sheesh, how do these guys go about making a big announcement a few months back and then allow this to happen??

Go Gophers!!

DANG! This sucks. I was really looking forward to this on an on-going basis. Was looking forward to the road trips, and having built-in good non-con games on the schedule every year. We better not continue to try to wiggle out of those North Carolina games now. ARRRRRRRG.

In a way, it's not surprising. If the Pac-12 had an 8 game conference schedule, I'm guessing it would totally be in. But with a team like USC with 9 games, Notre Dame (regardless of the jokes we all toss at them, they aren't a Mountain West opponent), and a good Big Ten team (let's face it, they would be playing Ohio State/Michigan/Nebraska/Wisconsin more often than they'd be playing Minnesota/Northwestern/Illinois), that's a pretty tall order.

I see it as the 8 vs. 9 game conference schedule. And I don't begrudge the Pac-12 for having that 9 game schedule at all. Too bad it won't work out; I was excited about the possibility of Washington/Arizona State/UCLA visiting & getting to play there.

Hopefully Delany can get something like this together with another conference. It sounds like the B1G really wanted to make it happen.

This sucks! CA schools fault. Larry Scott blew this big time. Great venues for road trips. Now we get to go to Fargo and Brookings.

Sucks, but wouldn't mind the Pac 12 being replaced with the Big 12 now that they are stable again. Would make easier/cheaper travel.

Sucks, but wouldn't mind the Pac 12 being replaced with the Big 12 now that they are stable again. Would make easier/cheaper travel.

Prob not going to happen for the same reasons. Since it has 10 teams the Big 12 also plays a 9 game conference schedule.

Larry_Cable_Guy_thats_funny_right_t.jpg

Top Bottom