Latest Commit

Were those Penn State and Miami offers recent?

Good question. I assume that they have to be since it was assumed he was coming here until relatively recent. At least to me it is still not clear what is going on and exactly what his plans are but with those offers appears that he is on other peoples radar.

He committed a long time ago I thought?

That was as a high school senior. He is now recommiting as a junior college player. The last case we had like this was Josh Campion who also committed to us a high school senior and then recommitted to us a prep school graduate. I wonder if a recruit could commit three times, i.e as a high school senior, as a prep school graduate, and then as a junior college player?

Apparently those offers were confirmed. Once he went to JC he started getting recruited again.

I'm pulling for him, he seems like a nice kid & he sure likes the staff & the area, but I still think it's a longshot he ever plays for us. The fact that we've heard this story before from him several times now & some other details from this latest interview just don't seem to add up. Hope I'm wrong.

Well, re-welcome aboard Jordan! I will gladly be wrong about my understanding of non-qualifiers eligibility in order to see you in Maroon and Gold next year.

For those that don't have Rivals. He had a low ACT score, he retook it and got a 21 which makes him eligible. His grades were never an issue. His mother was very sick at the time of the first ACT and he couldn't focus. He didn't say what she is suffering from but it is terminal.

"I'm just happy my mother will be able to see me play for the Gophers as she only has about eighteen months to live now. That will mean the world to me because she knows how much I want to be there." Jordan Hinojosa

He will have 4 years to play 3 and will be joining the gophers in the spring.

Another note he said the offers from PSU and Miami were recent, USC, Mizzou and Oklahoma are sniffing around too. He said the gophers stuck with him through his difficulties and coach Miller was like a second father. That is why his commitment always stayed firm.

SaintLouisGopher

Thanks - That is very helpful and gives us some context to begin to understand what was going on. The problem is when there isn't much information available as to what is going on people fill in the blanks. And as often is the case they were wrong.

All I can say is "Welcome aboard Jordan. You sound like a great kid!"

P.S. What I like is that he kept on plugging away to solve his problem.

Thanks - That is very helpful and gives us some context to begin to understand what was going on. The problem is when there isn't much information available as to what is going on people fill in the blanks. And as often is the case they were wrong.

All I can say is "Welcome aboard Josh. You sound like a great kid!"

P.S. What I like is that he kept on plugging away to solve his problem.

Josh?
Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

He will have 4 years to play 3 and will be joining the gophers in the spring.

So he can redshirt and still have 3 years to play? How does 4 years to play 3 work?

So he can redshirt and still have 3 years to play? How does 4 years to play 3 work?

The math works this way: This fall he will have 5 years to play 4 and since he is going to play this fall he will then have 4 years remaining to play 3 in the fall of 2013. He can use the "redshirt" any year he or the coaches want.

You can use your RS any season, so I guess he is playing his FR season. So he'll essentially be a true SO next season and he didn't burn his RS, so he can play 3 more years and he has 4 years in which to do complete those 3 seasons (including the RS season).

Now, I am a little surprised that he doesn't choose to RS THIS season and arrive at the U with 4 years to play 4. Maybe it was part of the deal with Coffeyville or something that they weren't willing to give him a scholarship at the JuCo if he wasn't going to play at all (which makes sense).

Link on another thread from Jordan's father, getthemail:

Funny you wrote that. For the longest time I thought that was his member name. It is actually getthemaLl (get them all?) I thought it was just me.

Top Bottom