Brian Bennett: The next great coaches in the Big Ten

No mention of Kill, although Bennett mentions Tim Beckman.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/53048/the-next-great-coaches-in-the-big-ten

Go Gophers!!

I really don't get why ESPN found it a good idea to hire a guy from kentucky, with no ties to BIG country, and a clearly Big East way of looking at things to comment on the BIG10.

He still LIVES in Louisville for god's sake.

All he does is put out easy and unthoughtful material. His take on the MSU/wisky rivlry was hilariously enraging, and he simply always goes for flavor of the day/flash in the pan types.

Beckman was absolutely owned by Kill and company when he was at Toledo.
Hoke is playing the classic Michigan man role, one that should be successful regardless of who's in charge.
O Brien may have to deal with death penalty type bowl/TV/scholarship bans and has never been a head coach before.
Fickell was 6-6 last year.
I think Narduzzi waits around for the MSU job and probably gets it when Dantonio decides to retire, but he's definitely shown to be good.
Seriously ESPN can find a BIG writer on the streets better than Bennett.

Beckman was absolutely owned by Kill and company when he was at Toledo. When I read the post,that was my thought too. huh? BB should change his name to BL (brainless). He is drinking too much Myer cool aid. Didn't Tim Beckman work for Myer?

I really don't get why ESPN found it a good idea to hire a guy from kentucky, with no ties to BIG country, and a clearly Big East way of looking at things to comment on the BIG10.

He still LIVES in Louisville for god's sake.

All he does is put out easy and unthoughtful material.

Couldn't agree with you more. I vary rarely read anything by ESPN anymore.

Par for the course when we are talking SEC Network...............I mean ESPN. 2 Words when it comes to anything ESPN..........Craig James.

Monitors

This is an outrage! Kill has won big at every place he has coached.

Every time we do the annual poll here many ask that we get rid of the trolls. I would suggest that this person is definitely in this class and should be banned. His only purpose here seems to be to disrupt the conversation and to post negative comments. Hum, that sounds like Pantherhawk.

This is an outrage! Kill has won big at every place he has coached.

tumblr_lzhzdpKdQt1qicrz8o1_500.png

I don't get the troll lable and childish screams for banishment?? Essentially, what have I said that hasn't been said here 1000 times? Are you really that upset that I had the unmitigated gall to question the recruiting classes of 2012 & 2013?

Couldn't agree with you more. I vary rarely read anything by ESPN anymore.

Par for the course when we are talking SEC Network...............I mean ESPN. 2 Words when it comes to anything ESPN..........Craig James.

That made me think about how little I watch ESPN these days.

Gophers, Twins or Vike games that are on ESPN - not very often
Occasionally a golf tournament.
I record PTI every day.

That's not much, but yet we pay $5 per month to cable/satellite for ESPN and ESPN2.

Sorry for the hijack.

I don't get the troll lable and childish screams for banishment?? Essentially, what have I said that hasn't been said here 1000 times? Are you really that upset that I had the unmitigated gall to question the recruiting classes of 2012 & 2013?

No. It is because you are still here. You really need to go back to Iowa.

I basically quit reading the ESPN Big 10 blog after rolling my eyes through most of Bennett's contributions. I now visit it about once per week. I used to check it out a couple times per day.

I still check it frequently. I simply make sure to check who wrote each piece first. If I forget to do so, the quality (or lack of in Bennett's case) usually alerts me immediately.

Top Bottom