DT Toby Johnson

Seeing this gives me some faith in Kill's ability to spot talent, even if we were unable to get him enrolled.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Toby-Johnson-132655

At one time last year was he a Minnesota commitment that we were unable to get enrolled?

I was just looking over his profile and saw that his offer list is absolutely blowing up. He will be one of the most sought after DT's this year and I was wondering if we had lost out on this guy.

You sure you aren't thinking of Roland Johnson? Another juco DT from a Kansas C.C.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/f...nson-133840;_ylt=Aqigckkz8LTiDV7Ql6._hlLPspB4

We were absolutely after Toby Johnson (this player) very aggressively, but he was never a Minnesota commit. He reclassified for whatever reason from a May 2012 graduate to a December 2012 graduate, and it's just our luck that his recruitment blew up in the interim.

Dang, nice offer list.

We were absolutely after Toby Johnson (this player) very aggressively, but he was never a Minnesota commit. He reclassified for whatever reason from a May 2012 graduate to a December 2012 graduate, and it's just our luck that his recruitment blew up in the interim.
I believe it was a situation similar to Boddy where he could have left after 1 year but chose not to because he wanted more offers.

Yep thats it. I remember he only had a few offers and was high on MN at the time but went back to school.

Thanks!!!

We were after him pretty hard, but I don't think he could complete enough course work to get in during spring semester. From what I have read he is a big SEC fan, so last year was our only shot, and we could not get it done.

Top Bottom