Michigan AD: B1G not currently looking to expand, but will keep 'options open'

From the article:

"-- 24 schools have changed leagues in the past 14 months --"

Kind of surprising.

From a prestige standpoint, and also from a money standpoint, I think the B1G has to listen if Notre Dame ever indicates an interest in joining. Heck, I'd take them as a football-only member. Putting ND in the B1G would only make the BTN package more attractive to advertisers and cable customers, meaning more revenue for every team in the league, including the Gophers.

Now the real question - IF Notre Dame joined, the B1G would have to get another team to make it an even # with 7 teams in each division.

So, let's say for the sake of argument that ND does join - who would you want as the 14th team?

From a geographic sense, Iowa State would be a good fit. I'd love to see the 'Clones play the Gophs every year in the I-35 showdown. Missouri would have been a good fit, but now that they've joined the evil empire of the SEC, it will be tough to pull them away from the 'dark side.'

OK, let's hear it - who would you like to see join the league, if and when they expand to 14 (or 16) teams.

Iowa State would be a terrible addition. They are one of the smallest BCS programs and they would add absolutely nothing to our geographic footprint. Pittsburgh would be a bad addition for all of the same reasons.

Top Bottom