Sports Huddle: Coach Jerry Kill - 7/8/12

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
I'm not going to post a summary; just a couple of observations.

First of all, Dave started things off by asking coach Kill for an update on the status of a some players (he didn't mention their names but we all know who they are) who had been sidelined by concussions. He made a point of mentioning that once this question was answered, Sid wouldn't have to keep asking every week. It was supposed to be a big moment; that's how Dave set it up - coach Kill would get to triumphantly announce that Gjere and Campion were cleared to play. Coach didn't bite, however. He just made some bland reply about how he hoped everyone would be healthy and ready when called upon.

This is the thing that got my attention: after this exchange it was Sid's turn to comment, and all he could do was ask who the guest was.

The other moment that stands out in my mind was when Dave mentioned the other coaches have been talking about Thieren Cockran. The coaches have praised Cockran, and siad that he would give them a pass rush. Coach Kill acted like he didn't want to say too much, but he allowed that Cockran has grown; he is now 6-6 and about 240#, and he will contribute length and speed to the line.

Did anyone else pay closer attention than I did?

Thanks DL, err, I mean everybody knows my name.

I think I remember Kill mentioning the number 15 or 16 for the size of the upcoming recruiting class, and that he mentioned they were looking for 3 LB's, 3 DB's, a DL or two and a TE that could stretch the field vertically.

As someone on GH has pointed out, that was classic Sid when Dave introduced Kill and pre-emptively asked about Gjere and Campion. Kill answered the question, and Sid responded by asking who they were talking to. Unbelievable...

What time was it on this week? Has it been moved in the schedule permanently? I tuned in at 9:30, and they were talking to Dave St. Peter. I checked in periodically, and heard them go to break around 10, and they were talking with someone else when they came back.

New Time

What time was it on this week? Has it been moved in the schedule permanently? I tuned in at 9:30, and they were talking to Dave St. Peter. I checked in periodically, and heard them go to break around 10, and they were talking with someone else when they came back.

For the last three or four weeks jerry Kill has been on at 10:00 am instead of the old time of 9:30. He is on for a relatively short time but they did indicate it could be moved back to 9:30 am for a longer time once fall camp starts in August.

Nice report, everybody knows my name!

Had a great weekend! FYI, the family commitment that kept me from covering the Sports Huddle and the Jerry Kill Summary was the marriage of our daughter to a wonderful man. My wife and I are very proud and happy. A beautiful wedding and a fun-filled reception. Life's good!

Go Gophers!!

Had a great weekend! FYI, the family commitment that kept me from covering the Sports Huddle and the Jerry Kill Summary was the marriage of our daughter to a wonderful man. My wife and I are very proud and happy. A beautiful wedding and a fun-filled reception. Life's good!

Go Gophers!!

DL - congrats! Your new son-in-law must be smart too getting married in the off-season ;-) Happy to hear that everyone is happy and glad to have you back.

Go Gophers!

Congrats DL! I listened to a bit of the podcast and it almost makes me sad to hear how far off the deep end Sid has fallen.

Go Gophers!!

Congrats to you and Mrs. DL65 on your daughter and now son-in-law!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom