Big Ten Stadium Rankings

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
It looks like it's Brian Bennett's thing, and it seems like he's improvising in the videos. It'd be better to have scripted some remarks, but that's Bennett for you.

They have Indiana's stadium ranked 12th and Purdue's Ross-Ade ranked 11th. Where do you think TCF Bank Stadium will turn up? Do you suppose Bennett has ever been to the Bank?

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/tag/_/name/stadium-rankings-12

Bennett will rank it 13th somehow.

Lower than:
Michigan
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Nebraska

Ahead of:
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois
Northwestern

In mix with:
Michigan State
Iowa
*I am guessing TCF will be ranked lower than these though due to crowd and atmosphere

My prediction:#8

Lower than:
Michigan
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Nebraska

Ahead of:
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois
Northwestern

In mix with:
Michigan State
Iowa
*I am guessing TCF will be ranked lower than these though due to crowd and atmosphere

My prediction:#8

Number 7, we just dont have the fans base.

It looks like it's Brian Bennett's thing, and it seems like he's improvising in the videos. It'd be better to have scripted some remarks, but that's Bennett for you.l]

Two points, the title indicates that the ranking is of stadiums, not the game day atmosphere at a stadiums, so why is he talking about the fans and noise? Secondly, to state the obvious, this guy is bad with a microphone in his hands.

Two points, the title indicates that the ranking is of stadiums, not the game day atmosphere at a stadiums, so why is he talking about the fans and noise?
Because that's almost always a criteria when talking about stadiums. ESPN isn't an architecture website.

Because that's almost always a criteria when talking about stadiums. ESPN isn't an architecture website.

Exactly. Given that a point of a stadium is to be filled with people at a game and all. :

Exactly. Given that a point of a stadium is to be filled with people at a game and all. :

Just the same, I went in expecting the rankings to be of the stadium facilities themselves. When I look at a poll I don't expect fan enthusiasm to factored into those rankings, either.

It would be a more interesting and focused article if the reporter would confine himself to objective rankings of the stadiums.

Just the same, I went in expecting the rankings to be of the stadium facilities themselves. When I look at a poll I don't expect fan enthusiasm to factored into those rankings, either.

It would be a more interesting and focused article if the reporter would confine himself to objective rankings of the stadiums.

Don't expect those from Bennett.....Ever.

I don't like using fans as a criteria to rank a stadium. I contend that if your team is winning, you can play in a sh!thole and the fans will still show up in large numbers and will most likely be considered great except in rare cases like SIN-BAD & I-O-W-A. Conversely, if your team is struggling, you can play in the nicest of venues and the place will likely be sparsely crowded and fans won't be thought of highly except for places like, oh say, dinkeytown. Consequently, fans should be ranked separately. If you take fans out of the equation, I don't care what anyone says... The Bank is the hands down the best venue in the B1G and perhaps the country. I've been fortunate to have been in several other stadiums including Mich's Big House and the one in Happy Valley. Sure, both stadiums hold over 100,000 (thanks in part to 9-1/2" of personal bench seating) but the stadiums themselves have nothing on TCF. Don't get me wrong, I like the Big House but it looks a bit tired and Penn St's stadium looks like an erector set. Bono even said we have a handsome venue :) The Bank is second to none. As far as I'm concerned, it's Mecca.

Go Gophers!

It looks like it's Brian Bennett's thing, and it seems like he's improvising in the videos. It'd be better to have scripted some remarks, but that's Bennett for you.

They have Indiana's stadium ranked 12th and Purdue's Ross-Ade ranked 11th. Where do you think TCF Bank Stadium will turn up? Do you suppose Bennett has ever been to the Bank?

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/tag/_/name/stadium-rankings-12
But IU is #1 in tailgating. Seriously.
I was extremely disappointed in Ross-Ade.

Agree 100%, great tailgating setup. Some people just tailgate and don't even go to the game next door.
Did you tailgate in the grove of trees by the stadium? It was fun tailgating in the woods.

Did you tailgate in the grove of trees by the stadium? It was fun tailgating in the woods.

I've tailgated there and in the regular giant gravel lot, everyone around was totally cool and non-hostile.

Edit:

BTW #10 is up, Northwestern's Ryan Field

Some people just tailgate and don't even go to the game next door.

That would be every buddy I have who went to IU. Seriously, every one of them tailgated for every home game during their 4 years without once setting foot inside Memorial.

Bennett mentioned in both of his video presentations that Purdue and Indiana are low because of "capacity". That should suggest TCF will be ranked easily in the bottom half. I got a kick out of one of the reader comments saying due to contract obligations the #1 stadium will be from an SEC school even though this is only about Big 10 stadiums.

I'm not sure how Indiana could rank below Northwestern. I really like the addition/improvement to Indiana's stadium. Never been there, but it looks really nice.

Bennett mentioned in both of his video presentations that Purdue and Indiana are low because of "capacity".

What a very Bennett reason. Nonsensical and stupid. By this logic, Autzen stadium is not a great stadium despite the fact that it is an incredibly loud and difficult to play in, looks completely baddass and unique, and has the bells and whistles that people want in terms of scoreboards and the like.

This should be close........

OSU
MICH
PSU
Nebby
Wisky
Iowa
MSU
MN
ILL
NW
Purdue
Indiana

Illinois' Memorial Stadium has a better game atmosphere than Minnesota at this point.

Withholding TCF Bank as biased and rivalries not withstanding, my personal ranking:
Ohio
Kinnick
Memorial (Illinois)
Michigan
Camp Randall
Memorial (Indiana)
Ryan
Ross-Ade

Beaver N/A
Memorial N/A
Spartan N/A

Top Bottom