2012 MINNESOTA STATE HIGH SCHOOl COACHES ASSOCIATION ALL STAR FOOTBALL GAME

stevenmgr

Reaction score
88 out top football players in Minnesota get together each year for a football all star game. The players are chosen from there coaches and then split into two different teams. Each tear they get together on the last Saturday in June for a football game. This years game was played at Husky Stadium on the campus of St. Cloud State University. This was the 39 year of the football game.

Check out the link below for full details. It was a very good game.

http://stevenssports.blogspot.com/2012/07/2012-minnesota-state-high-school-high.html

How did Josh Bungum look? He's my cousin's son and a really good kid, headed for St Johns'

Can anyone tell me why this game is not played at TCF Stadium?

Can anyone tell me why this game is not played at TCF Stadium?

I believe it's a new NCAA rule, it was played there last year. Coach Kill was not allowed to watch and commented on it. Now it cannot even be held at D1 schools I think.
Basically I think it keeps the thing from becoming a recruiting event. Not a big deal here, but where do you hold a similar game in Illinois, Alabama, Texas, etc.

I have to believe Coach Kill would be savvy enough to use it as an evaluation tool even if he says otherwise, and you just know some of the SEC country folks would be extremely underhanded if they were to host a similar game down south.

I did hear that it was because of a national rule that an All Star Game can not take place in a national Stadium

I did hear that it was because of a national rule that an All Star Game can not take place in a national Stadium

I believe it is at college stadium. NCAA is worried about the impact on recruiting. They don't want to give anybody a so called recruiting advantage.

Someone better tell the fine folks in Iowa that all-star games cannot be held in a NCAA Division I stadium. Because they are having one at Iowa State in less than three weeks.

not much for talent at this game, im sad to report. I left unimpressed and sad for the state of minnesota football. I'd venture to guess it was all D2 and D3 talent, sorry.

not much for talent at this game, im sad to report. I left unimpressed and sad for the state of minnesota football. I'd venture to guess it was all D2 and D3 talent, sorry.
You do know the Bison had players in this game right? Some of the top recurits from the state didn't play in it as they are already enrolled in school too.

Are you just lonely or maybe you just don't understand that nobody cares what you have to say here? There must be a NDSU blog somewhere for you. They might be interested in what you have to say.

1st - how many D1 recruits does MN produce in an average year? 10? 20? (I don't know - maybe someone with more internet skills can come up with a firm number). There are some 80 kids in this game, so on a percentage basis, the vast majority of the kids are going to be FCS, D2 and D3-level kids.

2nd- a lot of the elite MN kids (Nelson, Pirsig, etc) early-enroll at college so they can take Summer classes and get acclimated in their college programs. So, the very best MN kids are not playing in this game.

3rd- I know kids who have played in this game, and they all say they enjoyed the experience - a chance to work with different coaches, meet kids from other parts of the state, etc.

4th - FWIW, kids from the Southwest Conference scored 3 TD for the South team. 2 TD by Beau Bofferding, who's going to UMD to play FB and run track, and 1 TD by Beau Stough (don't know his college plans - good all-round athlete in FB, Basketball and Baseball.)

Top Bottom