Sid: Navy off the schedule

We should be about ready to start getting some pay back on these Dakota teams.

Who knows how the philosophy shifts because of the strength of schedule aspect that will be used by the selection committee.

Big Ten/Pac-12 interlocking schedule starts 2017. Oh, and Navy asked out, not Minnesota.

Navy is getting set to join the Big East. They have a limited number of OOC games, and with Army, Air Force,
and Notre Dame already locked-in, they don't have room for a team like Minnesota.

Navy is getting set to join the Big East. They have a limited number of OOC games, and with Army, Air Force,
and Notre Dame already locked-in, they don't have room for a team like Minnesota.

The funny thing is that their conference schedule is going to be the cupcake portion for them.

I already assumed this would happen but I figured it would be MN asking to get out b/c of the Pac-12 partnership. Still bummed, but whatya gonna do?

This is exactly what I thought. The cancellation probably wont lead to us playing Notre Dame: its so that Navy will be able to play Notre Dame.

There is no way we will schedule Notre Dame. Kill already said he wants teams we have a real good chance to beat in order to get a solid start\record before starting the Big Ten.

There is no way we will schedule Notre Dame. Kill already said he wants teams we have a real good chance to beat in order to get a solid start\record before starting the Big Ten.

We're not talking about USC and Texas (or Oklahoma and Nebraska in the 80's). Navy and North Carolina (and Notre Dame lately) are exactly the type of teams Minnesota should be regularly scheduling (and beating) once per season.

I have to strongly disagree with Kill, if he is actually behind ending these games. Too many games against opponents that do not belong in D1 trashes the brand to the pont that you end up becoming these teams.

We're not talking about USC and Texas (or Oklahoma and Nebraska in the 80's). Navy and North Carolina (and Notre Dame lately) are exactly the type of teams Minnesota should be regularly scheduling (and beating) once per season.

I have to strongly disagree with Kill, if he is actually behind ending these games. Too many games against opponents that do not belong in D1 trashes the brand to the pont that you end up becoming these teams.

I agree. Playing NDSU is like playing your kid sister in tennis. If you kick her azz, nobody cares. But if she whups you, you're gonna hear about it a loooonnng time. Besides, their fans belong at a monster truck rally, not in our stadium. The thought of manufacturing a rivalry against these beet farmers makes me sick.

Navy...asked...out. Navy...asked...out. Want it in Morse code? UNC is about a 80% chance of staying on the schedule. UNC cannot find a replacement for next season.

Lastly, I'd rather start out slow here and hit it great guns with the Pac-12 integration. Build a winning spirit, then build a winning tradition. Learn how to win, and you can beat anyone on a given day. Learn how to lose, and you will lose to everyone.

NDSU

We should be about ready to start getting some pay back on these Dakota teams.

Hey have your new AD call Gene Taylor of NDSU lets get this scheduled for next year, NDSU brings a great crowd, sell this out!!

Top Bottom