Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    I agree Nokomis. Let's see if beeg does, too.
    Both of you have asked it Social Security money has been "diverted" or the program somehow hurt by the government taking the money. My answer has been clearly this: The government has not taken the money away - the government has borrowed it. This is how the SS program earns interest- by buying treasury notes. So the government has not hurt the fundamentals of the program other than by not keeping it sound going forward. Now the government could in the future kill the social security program all together by going BROKE through overspending continuously by a trillion or more per year.

We should be talking about the SS program and we should be fixing it. It's a broken model. It should not be confused with the other entitlements- all of which are far worse for our nation going forward.

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush Jr all stole money from SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew_recruit View Post
    Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush Jr all stole money from SS.
    Why was Obama omitted from your list?
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Why was Obama omitted from your list?
    Because honestly I don't think he has stole from it. I could be wrong though.

No not Obama, he's black, smokes cigs & wears jeans so you know he's different.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Both of you have asked it Social Security money has been "diverted" or the program somehow hurt by the government taking the money. My answer has been clearly this: The government has not taken the money away - the government has borrowed it. This is how the SS program earns interest- by buying treasury notes. So the government has not hurt the fundamentals of the program other than by not keeping it sound going forward. Now the government could in the future kill the social security program all together by going BROKE through overspending continuously by a trillion or more per year.

We should be talking about the SS program and we should be fixing it. It's a broken model. It should not be confused with the other entitlements- all of which are far worse for our nation going forward.
    And borrowing is bad, right beeg?

You didnt cite the impact of the decision. A decision that reagan was a part of.....

Yeah - since you are speaking with absolutely no facts behind you-you could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Yeah - since you are speaking with absolutely no facts behind you-you could be wrong.
    He stated it in the form of an opinion and said that he could be wrong.

At least he doesn't take 5% fact, mix in 95% cow pie and claim it as truth like you do, beej. Stinky and slimy.

ponzi...ponzi...ponzi...

wat part of unsustainable is hard to understand?

wat part of monetisation of the debt empties the phony trust fund is hard to understand?

wat part of Federal default empties the phony trust fund is hard to understand?

wat part of borrowing $00.40 of every $ spent is unsustainable is hard to understand?

yes, wat?

spending as to be dramatically slashed, tax revenues have to be increased. the current tax system has to be thrown out and a new fair system put in place.

www.fairtax.org
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    He stated it in the form of an opinion and said that he could be wrong.

At least he doesn't take 5% fact, mix in 95% cow pie and claim it as truth like you do, beej. Stinky and slimy.
    Brew_recruit? Guaranteed wrong. beeg? 95% correct.

the truth...the facts...are cow pie to you.

I'm not speaking Greek.
    Last edited by diehard; 05-26-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Kingdom Warriors

In 1990, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan of New York, a member of the Greenspan Commission, and one of the strongest advocates the the 1983 legislation, became outraged when he learned that first Reagan, and then President George H.W. Bush used the surplus Social Security revenue to pay for other government programs instead of saving and investing it for the baby boomers

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Brew_recruit? Guaranteed wrong. beeg? 95% correct.

the truth...the facts...are cow pie to you.

I'm not speaking Greek.
    You have a scarecrow keyboard, satan.

Kingdom Warriors

I've been toying with adjusting my positions to benefit from a doomsday scenario. Can't quite figure out exactly how to do it and/or can't find the guts to do it. My largest position is Medtronic, which I've had for a long time. It's at around 37, down from 55 ish in 2008-9. The fundamentals of the company seem strong, however. Meanwhile Gold and other "doomsday" investments are sky high. Very confusing times.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    You have a scarecrow keyboard, satan.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat,
    Always sitting by your side
    Always by your side,
    That cat's something i can't explain
    Jennifer Gentle you're a witch,
    You're the left side
    He's the right side oh, no,
    Lucifer go to sea,
    Be a hip cat, be a ship's cat
    Somewhere, anywhere,
    At night prowling sifting sand,
    Padding around on the ground
    He'll be found when you're around,

The black and green scarecrow, as ev'ryone knows,
    Stood with a bird on his hat and straw ev'rywhere.
    He didn't care.
    He stood in a field where barley grows.
    His head did no thinking, his arms didn't move,
    Except when the wind cut up rough and mice ran around on the ground.
    The black and green scarecrow is sadder than me.
    But now he's resigned to his fate's, 'cause life's not unkind.
    He doesn't mind.
    Kingdom Warriors