Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Official - Trent Lockett to Marquette

Per his Twitter:

@T_Lockett24: I've been a sundevil since 16. I love and appreciate the people and experience at ASU. Saying that, I am excited to finish my last yr at MU!
    Follow me on Twitter: @NadineBabu

Quote Originally Posted by GopherLady
    Per his Twitter:

@T_Lockett24: I've been a sundevil since 16. I love and appreciate the people and experience at ASU. Saying that, I am excited to finish my last yr at MU!
    Good for him. Sounds like a good landing spot and a good fit.

I hope he helps them kick whisky's ass!!

It's Tubby's fault. (Just thought I would beat the Tubby bashers to it.)
    Last edited by Dr.Don; 05-05-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Lord, help me be the person my new Lab pup expects me to be.

5. Default

Is he gonna get the waiver while being 5 hrs away? I would assume so because of it being one of the closest d1 school that had an open scholarship?

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher
    Is he gonna get the waiver while being 5 hrs away? I would assume so because of it being one of the closest d1 school that had an open scholarship?
    He graduated. He doesn't need one.

Good luck to him and I wish the best for his family.

8. Default

You should worry about doing that yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I hope he helps them kick whisky's ass!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeddysprings View Post
    You should worry about doing that yourselves.
    eddy, congratulations, you have already learned how to start a pissing contest.
    Lord, help me be the person my new Lab pup expects me to be.

Best of luck, Trent! Too bad the situation couldn't work out here.

Myron just wrote a well done piece on Trent and his family. This story just broke my heart - I feel so horrible for the young man and his family. Regardless of basketball, I really wish there would have been a place for him here, it will still be tough to be 5 hours away from him Mom as she battles this disease. I wish the very best to them, no one should have to go through this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ar-for-lockett
    Follow me on Twitter: @NadineBabu

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GopherLady View Post
    Myron just wrote a well done piece on Trent and his family. This story just broke my heart - I feel so horrible for the young man and his family. Regardless of basketball, I really wish there would have been a place for him here, it will still be tough to be 5 hours away from him Mom as she battles this disease. I wish the very best to them, no one should have to go through this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ar-for-lockett

I don't mean to be a homer, but there's a pretty obvious gaping hole in Myron's story, pretty surprising considering who Myron covered the last 3 years or whatever.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGopher View Post
    I don't mean to be a homer, but there's a pretty obvious gaping hole in Myron's story, pretty surprising considering who Myron covered the last 3 years or whatever.
    As a homer, you may not want that gaping hole filled.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher Warrior View Post
    As a homer, you may not want that gaping hole filled.
    How lucky for Buzz that 2 players decided on Friday afternoons not to go to Marquette. What a lucky coincidence that the scholarships freed up. Similar to the lucky coincidence that occurred when Jamil Wilson wanted to transfer.

GW, What will Lockett's brutal turnover rate do to your team? I'm so sorry that your program picked up such a flawed player.

“@DarrenWolfson: Spent the afternoon w/ Trent Lockett. Right or wrong, Tubby wouldn't free up a scholarship + he loves Marquette.”

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by scher215 View Post
    “@DarrenWolfson: Spent the afternoon w/ Trent Lockett. Right or wrong, Tubby wouldn't free up a scholarship + he loves Marquette.”
    Tubby better be right, or this might be his last year here.

Who should Tubby have cut? And how would Lockett have fit in (on court and chemistry wise). Who should Tubby have told they are screwed for minutes next year? Austin Hollins? Coleman? I can see Mav, but I don't think Tubby is at all to blame on this one. The practice of cutting players is shady to say the least. I hope it will be worth it for Marquette.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by balds View Post
    Who should Tubby have cut? And how would Lockett have fit in (on court and chemistry wise). Who should Tubby have told they are screwed for minutes next year? Austin Hollins? Coleman? I can see Mav, but I don't think Tubby is at all to blame on this one. The practice of cutting players is shady to say the least. I hope it will be worth it for Marquette.
    You're making things up.

20. Default

Purposely cutting a player to obtain Lockett for just a single season may have created a poisonous environment on the team, so I do have to back Tubby on this one.