Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Illinois is a better job than Minnesota, however, this particular off season it was not. EVERYONE turned down that job due to questions about the future of the A.D., political issues with the board or regents, and the issues with recruiting Chicago. Illinois ended up taking a football coach from Toledo and a basketball coach from Ohio...Maturi esque stuff going down in Champaign.

So Doogie hears a rumor, LSU denies it and he can't connect with Tubby so he publishes the rumor. Another hack journalism effort.

Quote Originally Posted by cjcarter8 View Post
    This is an absolute joke. I could call Doogie tomorrow and tell him that the Gophers were gonna play the SpaceBall MonStars in an exhibition game next year and he would print it then check facts. He's nothing more than a gossip columnist. Doogie check facts. If you can prove, print it. If not throw it in the trash bin.
    And you know this because?

Doogie's comment may or may not be factual, but your comment is based on SpaceBall? I'm skeptical.

"Anybody who I can publicly name denies it, but many people whose names I will not reveal say it happened."

We're in a slow news cycle for Gopher hoops. Another grasp by Doogie to draw attention to himself while there's nothing of substance going on in the program. It's time to throw some crap up on the wall to see if the GopherHole peons will pay any attention to it.
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 04-27-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by station19 View Post
    Doogie's comment may or may not be factual
    That's why he has no credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher Warrior View Post
    'Uh oh'
    It consistently amazes me how... ugh. I'll bite my tongue
    The U may seek what is effectively a waiver of the Five-Year Rule waiver in Mbakwe's case. The Five-Year Rule is from a different section of the NCAA Bylaws than the hardship waiver rules and includes requirements which Mbakwe does not meet

Quote Originally Posted by station19 View Post

Doogie's comment may or may not be factual...

As a result, I may or may not believe him.
    Everyday thousands of plants are killed by vegetarians. STOP THE VIOLENCE!!!

When I hear someone "took a job" I assume that means actually agreeing to terms and a public announcement(which obviously didn't happen). We have no idea what conversations took place between Tubby and LSU. Not saying Doogie is lying here, but the vague language he chooses to use sure has a lot of holes in it. If it were really a newsworthy story we would have heard about from someone other than Doogie (no offense, sir). It's not like the Notre Dame football thing a few years back (can't remember the guys name...used to be an assistant on the Vikings).

It's plausible that it was similar to the Monson courtship with Washington. That would explain the sources from Louisiana who, at the time, considered it an 80% chance of happening.

10. Default

Maybe Smith accepted the job kind of like how he offered a job to Jimmy Williams.

Could it be I will tentatively take the job dependant on talking it over with my family first type of thing.

12. Default

I don't give anything Doogie says a lot of credibibily, but Doogie has a lot more credibility than gopherWARRIOR. The only reason gW seems to keep posting on this board is to make snarky comments about the Gophers.

Maybe Smith accepted the job kind of like how he offered a job to Jimmy Williams.
    Ba dum tsss!

Doogie's next headline: Tubby accepted the VT job (for 3hours).

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Don View Post
    As a result, I may or may not believe him.
    You may or may not be telling the truth.

You have to remember Doogie has a Thursday bit called Scoops with Doogie on Channel 5 and kstp radio. That means he has to come up with something compelling/interesting/scandalous/insider-ish every single week even if he has no idea if it's true or not. I think they teach that technique the first day of journalism school.