West Bank Shuttle cancelled

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Only this outfit would announce a change to your package, AFTER the due date, and give your four days to respond to an unexpteced change. No, not the end of the world, but it really is poor customer service.

We are excited for the beginning of the 2012 Gopher Football season! The Gophers open their home slate on September 8, when they host New Hampshire at TCF Bank Stadium.

There has been a change in the Football shuttle bus for the upcoming Football season to the West Bank parking lots. The Football shuttle will no longer be running to lots 94, C86, C88, and C89 in the West Bank. However, the Campus Connector will be running its regularly scheduled route, which has stops on the West Bank and near TCF Bank Stadium.

The Campus Connector makes West Bank stops every 20 minutes on Washington Avenue South at Willey Hall and on 19th Avenue South near lot C86. Follow these links Campus Connector map and schedule for Saturdays to find more information about the Campus Connector.

We understand this is not ideal, as it reduces the number of buses to travel between your parking lot and the football stadium. If would like to move parking lots, you can do so by adding a seat/parking improvement request to your renewal.

If you selected Yes to the renewal question, "Are you interested in a seat/parking improvement" when you renewed your season tickets, you do not have to do anything at this time. When you are called regarding your improvement, you can discuss the parking options at that time.
If you selected No to the renewal question, "Are you interested in a seat/parking improvement" when you renewed your season tickets, and would like to be contacted about a possible seat or parking improvement, please email your request to [email protected] or call the Gopher Fan Relations Department at (612) 624-8080 during regular business hours.
The deadline to request a move in your parking location is this Friday, April 27 at 5 p.m. CDT.

Go Gophers,

Brent Holck
Director of Ticketing
Gopher Athletics

Thanks for the info! I hadn't seen this yet.

As a C89 guy who rarely rides the bus I think this might be a non-issue. Depends on how easy it is to catch a ride back after the games prob (that's when I ride it most frequently). Can't wait till LRT takes over though.

Surprised they didn't hold off on making this decision until 2014 (when LRT is finished). But, I wonder what the ridership on gameday of that shuttle was. Never tailgated there for gamedays (I have walked through West Bank to Stadium Village) so I have no idea. Surely the costs didn't align with the use.

Surprised they didn't hold off on making this decision until 2014 (when LRT is finished). But, I wonder what the ridership on gameday of that shuttle was. Never tailgated there for gamedays (I have walked through West Bank to Stadium Village) so I have no idea. Surely the costs didn't align with the use.

Pretty packed when I rode it. But I tended to use it on days when walking wasn't ideal so I'm a very limited sample. I'm betting what they saw was that the Connector was empty during the same periods and that the use of the shuttle was limited to "rush" periods.

I rode it once and it was packed.

Fair enough. Maybe they just want west bankers to get more exercise :)

It was a nice perk...

It was a nice perk...Mrs. Billd and I rode over to the stadium on these buses about half the time, but always walked back. And yes, these buses were typically full.

Under the new approach, it looks like there's still a transport option, just a little less frequent with a greater potential for a wait (due to a full bus).

We've got arriving at C86 down to a science, but will probably add 20 minutes on the front end in case we have to wait for the next bus.

Agreed the timing was poor relative to renewals...however, I have a sense this was a decision that was made on the fly. Not an excuse, but often a reality.

Go Gophers!

I'm in C-88 and never ride the bus. We tried it once the first year (I think it was for the pre-season scrimmage). The walk to the pickup point seemed almost as far as the walk to the stadium. Now, the walk through campus to the stadium is part of our game day routine and I really enjoy it.

I actually enjoy the walk, but I do often invite my 70 year old parents,who prefer the bus. It is another example of how this organization doesn't get marketing. This decision should have been made months ago, and included in the renewal packet, not announced after the fact. Maybe our new AD can figure some of these things out.

Whether needed or not,it is the loss of an amenity, with no explanation or forewarning. This is not a great marketing department.

STPG--maybe the AD didn't know about this until now. The U Transportation and Parking sections have not been particularly sports-friendly so far. Also, the LRT has a very fluid construction schedule, and affects transportation greatly.

It would have been way worse if they had let you know in August, eh?

Personally, I think they are being VERY proactive, considering. The new prez and AD will get this all unified--I guarantee it.

Yeah, highway man, I'm looking forward to the new regime figuring out that Saturdy is the day EVERYBODY puts on a show!

A bummer. I took those shuttles and they were packed, one after the other. Also, Nebraska has a real spring game and draws 70,000+ and we have two 'running clock' 25 minute scrimmages...when are the fans going to be taken seriously?

Also, Nebraska has a real spring game and draws 70,000+ and we have two 'running clock' 25 minute scrimmages...when are the fans going to be taken seriously?

So wait...Kill running a spring game that fits what he is trying to accomplish and the depth issues we have (which is still a step up from 2 months ago he said it was only going to be a practice) is a sign that the fans aren't taken seriously? When EVERY spring practice was open to fans (which happens basically nowhere)?

Also, Nebraska has a real spring game and draws 70,000+ and we have two 'running clock' 25 minute scrimmages...when are the fans going to be taken seriously?

Nebraska closed every one of their practices to the public and let the media watch two of them. $10 to watch the spring game which they had to cancel (no refunds given...exchange for a softball or baseball ticket or a credit to next year's spring game...hope they have that day free).

Minnesota opened every single practice to media and the public including multiple scrimmages (which is exactly what a spring game is) at TCF Bank Stadium. All free.

Sent an e-mail to the ticket office on this matter. To their credit, they responded promptly. They said that parking and tranportation just notified them of the change. So,fair enough, but once again, it would be nice if someone at the top understood that Saturdays are a day to put your best foot forward, and not the time for inter-department squabbles.

I really don't know who gets the money from game day parking, but I can't help but believe parking and transport doesn't get SOMETHING. One would think that their futures might be tied to the athletic department's, but God knows how they think about revenue.

Game day experience should be everybody's job over there.

Sent an e-mail to the ticket office on this matter. To their credit, they responded promptly. They said that parking and tranportation just notified them of the change. So,fair enough, but once again, it would be nice if someone at the top understood that Saturdays are a day to put your best foot forward, and not the time for inter-department squabbles.

I really don't know who gets the money from game day parking, but I can't help but believe parking and transport doesn't get SOMETHING. One would think that their futures might be tied to the athletic department's, but God knows how they think about revenue.

Game day experience should be everybody's job over there.

They don't get something. PTS gets it all. Everything except the donations in Zone 1 and Zone 2 goes to PTS. Several posters have talked over the years about how PTS is in it's own little world. This is further evidence of that. It's one more in a list of things that Teague will have to deal with as AD to improve the gameday atmosphere.

Top Bottom