All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

I just recently watched his film.

Kid is a beast. A natural football player. Not some fast kid playing running back.

He will play physical football. Me likey.

I envision Jones and Cobb in the game at the same time. The defense has to worry about Cobb while Jones catches a bubble/screen. Jones with a running start against DB's and LB's with Drew W. and D. Jones blocking for him. Me likey some of that.

Is the that talented where he will start right away and only be around for a few years or will he be redshirted?

Is the that talented where he will start right away and only be around for a few years or will he be redshirted?

No chance he redshirts. Think Cobb will be #1 this year sharing carries with Jones and Edwards.

I can't see a kid this good and having great potential to be an impact player not being used, at least as a situational player, right off the bat.

I view Cobb/Jones like MBIII/Maroney when Maroney came in as a true Fr. No shot at Cobb, he is very good, but Jones is too good not to get his share - Just like Barber was very good, but Maroney was too good not to get his share.

I view Cobb/Jones like MBIII/Maroney when Maroney came in as a true Fr. No shot at Cobb, he is very good, but Jones is too good not to get his share - Just like Barber was very good, but Maroney was too good not to get his share.

I don't think Cobb would be offended at all if you compared him to Barber. Just a feeling.

When you look at what Roderick did as a freshman and then James White rushing for over 1,000 yards as a true frosh with upperclassmen John Clay and Montee ball ahead of him there is no reason why Jeff can't run for over 1,000. Cobb is only a slightly above average back and Jeff is the number one offensive recruit in the conference per rivals.

They finally put his senior hudl highlights on Youtube. Here they are in case you have never been to his hudl profile

There is no doubt from watching some of those highlights JJ can be a monster. If he progresses and gets better every year we could, and I mean could be talking about possibly him being in the Heisman Picture maybe.

2:03 mark
wow.

Anybody get reminded of a big studly version of Percy Harvin? His vision is incredible and he waits to set up cutbacks and blockers like a - well I guess like the MVP of an All-Star game.

his junior hudl highlights incase you haven't seen those which most people haven't and have never been posted here or if simply can't get enough of him like myself.

Anybody get reminded of a big studly version of Percy Harvin? His vision is incredible and he waits to set up cutbacks and blockers like a - well I guess like the MVP of an All-Star game.

I was thinking the same thing watching that video. I'd love to see us line him up in the slot and run some bubble screens for him. That could really open things up for Cobb too. Watching this kid is going to be a lot of fun.

Jeffrey is on for an interview, 'CCO radio, on why he picked MN... Sports to the Max.

Jones will not be the starter day one nor should he be.

I am huge David cobb fan. His stats are overshadowed be the wisky run game juggernaut but he had a very good year. Considering he didn't get the opportunity to pad his YPA stats very much vs 3 of the 4 cupcakes and the fact opposing defenses knew our game plan was to run, run, run its fairly amazing he put up the stats he did. He put up numbers similar to more hyped guys in past years like Laveon Bell, Silas Redd amongst others.

He's not Maroney but he's got his own smooth, patient style that could put up significantly large numbers in a more balanced offense.

With a maturing offensive line and a better passing attack I expect the Cobb/Jones duo to put up monstrous numbers. Irrationally exuberant? No. I think the offense turns the corner in a big way this year.

I am huge David cobb fan. His stats are overshadowed be the wisky run game juggernaut but he had a very good year. Considering he didn't get the opportunity to pad his YPA stats very much vs 3 of the 4 cupcakes and the fact opposing defenses knew our game plan was to run, run, run its fairly amazing he put up the stats he did. He put up numbers similar to more hyped guys in past years like Laveon Bell, Silas Redd amongst others.

He's not Maroney but he's got his own smooth, patient style that could put up significantly large numbers in a more balanced offense.

With a maturing offensive line and a better passing attack I expect the Cobb/Jones duo to put up monstrous numbers. Irrationally exuberant? No. I think the offense turns the corner in a big way this year.

he is nowhere close to Leveon Bell or guys like Melvin Gordon, Hyde, Abdullah. I would take freshmen Corey Clement or Ezekiel Elliott in a heartbeat over Cobb. He is a slightly above average back that is on the same level and Tevin Coleman and Jeremy Langford and maybe Venric Mark. He would not be a 1,000 yard rusher if our offensive line was as good as they were this year(not that they were spectacular) or without our willingness to run the ball and ride him.

I don't get what you're doing by knocking down one of our guys but, whatever.

If you're only looking at home run potential or the "eyeball" test I agree he's just average or worse. But the numbers don't lie, he was a very productive back in a bad passing offense. His stats are indeed very similar to lots of the big names especially in their earlier years. Remember this was his first year as the guy.

We did not have a great offensive line this year. They are improving but if you think cobb couldn't put up great numbers as well behinds the wisc line you are nuts.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over this. We all agree Jones has the potential to be a superstar. It doesn't mean he's going to be the starter day one over a very experienced and productive senior.

We can agree to disagree.

Heck yeah, definitely a combo of Percy Harvin, AP, sprinkle in some Barry Sanders and some Jim Brown as well. But in reality he is probably only going to be as good as Walter Payton.

I would be thrilled if he turns out to be as good as Marion Barber III but I know that is probably setting the bar to low.

Heck yeah, definitely a combo of Percy Harvin, AP, sprinkle in some Barry Sanders and some Jim Brown as well. But in reality he is probably only going to be as good as Walter Payton.

I would be thrilled if he turns out to be as good as Marion Barber III but I know that is probably setting the bar to low.

Funniest thing I've read on here in a while!

his junior hudl highlights incase you haven't seen those which most people haven't and have never been posted here or if simply can't get enough of him like myself.

Aaack! Aack! He reminds me of one Orenthal James Simpson - a shifty in between tackles runner.

Jones hasn't even stepped on campus yet. Let the situation play out before you act like you know what Coach Kill will do with the RBs!

I'm pretty certain he was fan of the Bronco's via Denver

Top Bottom