All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

Now, just gotta get him into school.

Good day to be a Gopher fan.

Assuming that's grandpa (sorry if not).. but he's crying. very touching moment.

feels so nice to see big annoucement go our way after travis and ragnow. Can't remember the last time big announcement went our way.

Did he say "I apologize to the state of Minnesota and the University of Minnesota" ? .... I was $hitting bricks when I thought I heard that.

Did he say "I apologize to the state of Minnesota and the University of Minnesota" ? .... I was $hitting bricks when I thought I heard that.

Yeah, I definitely heard that. I think it was supposed to be a joke but didn't come out quite right haha. Nevertheless, it scared me a little bit when I heard those words.

Congrats to coach Kill and his staff for sealing the deal with Jones.

Very nice for them to be rewarded for all the hard work they put in from the get go.

I think he said just after something to the effect of sorry to MN for making everyone wait, or seem uncommitted, etc. In other words, making everyone worry for so long.

good get.

my favorite part was the embarrassing rant beforehand.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Top247&src=hash">#Top247</a> 4-star Jeff Jones says he wanted to be one of the guys to start the wave of kids staying home. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NationalSigningDay&src=hash">#NationalSigningDay</a></p>— Kyle Goblirsch (@Gobie247) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gobie247/statuses/431102035594084353">February 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jones said he is sorry to the state for dragging things out. He also said growing up in the state he couldn't imagine not having Minnesota across his chest and he wants to be the one to start MN kids staying home and playing for the Gophers. Classy kid and his comments are very refreshing.

Jones said he is sorry to the state for dragging things out. He also said growing up in the state he couldn't imagine not having Minnesota across his chest and he wants to be the one to start MN kids staying home and playing for the Gophers. Classy kid and his comments are very refreshing.

Somebody is talking and acting like they want to become one of my favorite all time Gopher players.

my favorite part was the embarrassing rant beforehand

You mean the part where the administrator said (in effect) that Jones is an example of how talent, hard work, and dedication can lead you to great things in life? Yes, oh so embarrassing.

You mean the part where the administrator said (in effect) that Jones is an example of how talent, hard work, and dedication can lead you to great things in life? Yes, oh so embarrassing.

I think he means when Jones talked about being embarrassed...

I see more young people walking around in Gopher gear these days. The coolness worm might be turning.

feels so nice to see big annoucement go our way after travis and ragnow. Can't remember the last time big announcement went our way.

GuyFawkes avatar, this is Jeff Jones peeing in Becky the Badger mascots cheerios. Bucky is not going to know what hit him when Jeff Jones catches a pass at the camp next year and starts breaking tackles, and running people over. We just got an elite running back in the house, and the Gophers have become a whole lot more dangerous on offense. Welcome double J Jeff Jones to the Gopher family.

SKI-U-Mah and another gold brick in the wall. Go Gophers.

People will have to jump all over me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't our last four-star running back Lawrence Maroney?

This should also be good for high school football in Minneapolis. If players see that you don't have to transfer to the suburbs to win a college scholarship, that may keep more good players in the city.

You left out a key part to what the administrator was saying. Yes he said Jones is an example of how talent, hard work, and dedication can lead to great things, but he specifically said being talented, hard work and dedicated in "Sports". That is embarrassing, saying you need to be great at sports to excel in life. Im sure there were kids in the crowd that are talented, and dedicated to education that will do great things in life.

Listen closer next time. Yes IT IS oh so embarrassing.

Jeff Jones is my favorite Jones. (Tyus being my least favorite of the 3 Jones' I know)

Top Bottom