All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

If you reveal who your source is, it doesn't automatically mean they aren't a source anymore. Not sure you know what that word means. Not that I'd believe you have a reliable source anyway, but every person who is legitimately plugged in and connected to Jeff firmly believes the Gophers are still the favorite and Michigan is the team to worry about, not Florida. You're full of $h!t.

It's too bad I didn't think about sources the way BigGopherFan does back in college. I could have just written at the end of my papers that "I have sources but I can't write them down here because that would make them not be sources anymore." I could have saved so much time instead of sourcing all my long papers.

You guys are setting yourselves up for Reid Travis 2.0. Amazing how recruiting talk gets people so bent out of shape.

You guys are setting yourselves up for Reid Travis 2.0. Amazing how recruiting talk gets people so bent out of shape.

So what do you suggest gophers fans do? Give up on getting a recruit just because a helmet school offered? Resign ourselves to only getting average to below average recruits? If you get disappointed when a recruit goes elsewhere, so be it. Nothing worth having is easy.

It's too bad I didn't think about sources the way BigGopherFan does back in college. I could have just written at the end of my papers that "I have sources but I can't write them down here because that would make them not be sources anymore." I could have saved so much time instead of sourcing all my long papers.

Haha exactly. If only that was the way it works.

So what does a gopher fan do? Not get obsessed on whether an 18 year old kid commits to the U or not. If hes stays with his commitment cool, if not big deal. Last time i checked the ground game was not our problem last year.

So what do you suggest gophers fans do? Give up on getting a recruit just because a helmet school offered? Resign ourselves to only getting average to below average recruits? If you get disappointed when a recruit goes elsewhere, so be it. Nothing worth having is easy.

The Michigan 247 site is saying the Wolverines may have decided against taking a RB this class. This would be HUGE. Starting to think eligibility will be the biggest obstacle in landing Jones unless another team (MSU?) comes calling.

So what does a gopher fan do? Not get obsessed on whether an 18 year old kid commits to the U or not. If hes stays with his commitment cool, if not big deal. Last time i checked the ground game was not our problem last year.

I'm not sure anyone is obsessed. Fans cheer for their favorite team to win or at least show improvement. Getting Jones would be a big win and improvement. Even if he doesn't play WR.

I'm not sure anyone is obsessed. Fans cheer for their favorite team to win or at least show improvement. Getting Jones would be a big win and improvement. Even if he doesn't play WR.

phawk is certainly obsessed with the Gophers.

phawk is certainly obsessed with the Gophers.

phawk is calling high school kids **ggots, **tards and dumb@sses on twitter now. Why can't he start doing something productive with his life instead of continuing to be the scum of the earth. I'm not sure how he hasn't been banned from twitter.

The only good news I have is it's almost over. But then it's not...because even if he signs with us he still has to get eligible and admitted.

The only good news I have is it's almost over. But then it's not...because even if he signs with us he still has to get eligible and admitted.

Not directing this at you Philly but why do people keep mentioning becoming eligible? Is there anything tangible to this or just internet speculation?

At least he has multiple opportunities to get a qualifying score on a qualifying exam if he still needs a good score.

Ryan Burns has confirmed that Jeff has taken the ACT twice. Didn't say anything about the score but I'm guessing since he's been setting up officials that things look at least decent for him qualifying.

Ryan Burns has confirmed that Jeff has taken the ACT twice. Didn't say anything about the score but I'm guessing since he's been setting up officials that things look at least decent for him qualifying.

Joe Namath failed to qualify for his first choice of Maryland.....he then went to Alabama. Maryland made a mistake.

someone should tell jeff that's he's already taken it twice. here are his comments from this weekend

Gopher Hole: I know that you have been working on your academics. Are you eligible yet or do you still need to work on some things?

Jeff Jones: I have got to take the ACT. After I take the ACT, I'll know for sure if I am going to be eligible or not. That is going to give it all away.

Gopher Hole: When are you planning on taking that?

Jeff Jones: February 8th.

Gopher Hole: Are you taking it again?

Jeff Jones: I took a practice one.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/340881?referrer_id=388419

Joe Namath failed to qualify for his first choice of Maryland.....he then went to Alabama. Maryland made a mistake.

Because they decided to maintain their academic integrity for the sake of a single player?

Jones up to #44 in latest Rivals#100.

Was #92.

Pretty damn impressive.

WOW, that will make it that much worse if he doesn't commit and even worse if he commits but isn't eligible. he now has national rankings of 44, 55, 78 and 137. i think it is fair to say that he is now on the same level of Reid Travis in basketball.

WOW, that will make it that much worse if he doesn't commit and even worse if he commits but isn't eligible.

Why does it make either of those scenarios worse. Jeff didn't get better today - just his ranking. We all get that, right?

Why does it make either of those scenarios worse. Jeff didn't get better today - just his ranking. We all get that, right?

It's like those old color warnings at the airport... Jeff is now at level orange and as a result many GH's are getting nervous about it.

The Michigan 247 site is saying the Wolverines may have decided against taking a RB this class. This would be HUGE. Starting to think eligibility will be the biggest obstacle in landing Jones unless another team (MSU?) comes calling.

I saw that on the scout site too, and I don't think MSU would be an obstacle. At this point the only thing I can see happening would be Bo Scarborough flipping to Florida then Bama going hard for Jeff

It would be so cool watching this kid every Saturday. Come to te U of M Jeff. And ignore the haters.

someone should tell jeff that's he's already taken it twice. here are his comments from this weekend

Gopher Hole: I know that you have been working on your academics. Are you eligible yet or do you still need to work on some things?

Jeff Jones: I have got to take the ACT. After I take the ACT, I'll know for sure if I am going to be eligible or not. That is going to give it all away.

Gopher Hole: When are you planning on taking that?

Jeff Jones: February 8th.

Gopher Hole: Are you taking it again?

Jeff Jones: I took a practice one.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/340881?referrer_id=388419

So I'm assuming his first two scores weren't good enough so he has to take it again. I can understand him not wanting to admit that. Really hope this next one works out.

i think there are also times to take it in april and June. if he doesn't pass this one its not the end all be all.

WOW, that will make it that much worse if he doesn't commit and even worse if he commits but isn't eligible. he now has national rankings of 44, 55, 78 and 137. i think it is fair to say that he is now on the same level of Reid Travis in basketball.

I would have said "It'll make it that much better when he signs!!!"

Hoping for something to happen does not equal obsessed. Being happy when something good happens does not equal obsessed. And being frustrated when something bad happens does not equal obsessed.

You're right the ground game was not a problem last year. But Cobb will be a senior. So is Kirkwood. Edwards hasn't played a single down in college football. Getting a player like Jones could be huge for the future, not just next year.

on his 247 profile it now lists Florida as having no interest and their isn't an official scheduled on his timeline to UF. i assume they accidentally got it mixed up with Michigan which is good since they were a bigger threat then UF

Top Bottom