Kid must be picking up steam:

Illinois
Iowa
Iowa St.
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Michigan St.

All have made offers.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we show enough improvement this year that a kid like this commits to the program and opens up the possible floodgates for other highly rated recruits.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we show enough improvement this year that a kid like this commits to the program and opens up the possible floodgates for other highly rated recruits.

I think the emergence of Optimus (same hs) combined with the struggles of Iowa and Becky will really help.

Maybe the fact the Gophers are leading the big ten in rushing attempts this year will persuade Jeffrey? Also being a star in your own hometown is pretty cool. Anyone who has a chance, should come see Minneapolis Washburn vs Southwest next Friday. The game is at Washburn and they have a brand new turf which was donated by the Vikings.

Jeff Jones

Does anyone have any update on the recruiting for Jeff Jones, the Washburn RB.

This kid is extremely special and really is a must get for Kill's staff. He could really be one of the best RBs in the country.

I guess he likes Oregon a lot. But still a long way to go.

Thaaaaat's a bold statement. The whole country? He's fantastic and has a lot of BIG10 offers but that's it for now, which as a junior, is very impressive. However, kids don't usually make verbals til Senior year. I hope he stays in MN. Watched him play once last year. Still a little raw, but he was only 15 years old. lol

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI
Just spoke with 2014 stud RB Jeff Jones (@MIllerBoyz_21) and the #Gophers are in a great spot with him. Story coming in the morning.

His current recruiting

I hope he doesn't commit for awhile so he can stockpile offers. It will make more of an impact in the media and in the rank and file fan's mind if he's pulling in letters from powerhouses. It doesn't mean he's any better of a player if we are his only offer and he commits early versus holding out and committing later in the game, but the perception is vastly different and can create recruiting momentum.

I completely agree. But it will be a miracle if the U can pull this off. I know that he has a lot of big 10 offers currently, but is also getting talked to by Alabama, Oregon, Notre Dame, and Nebraska.....tough competition for the U. lol

I completely agree. But it will be a miracle if the U can pull this off. I know that he has a lot of big 10 offers currently, but is also getting talked to by Alabama, Oregon, Notre Dame, and Nebraska.....tough competition for the U. lol

I recall another player from the same high school who had offers from Florida, Ohio State, and Oklahoma among others and decided to stay home and play for the Gophers. Hopefully he follows in his footsteps.

I recall another player from the same high school who had offers from Florida, Ohio State, and Oklahoma among others and decided to stay home and play for the Gophers. Hopefully he follows in his footsteps.

agree. hopefully hageman is in his ear and recruiting him hard for the U.

That GI article Ryan Burns was referring to came up this morning, does anyone have a rivals account, or access to that article? Looks like an intriguing read.

That GI article Ryan Burns was referring to came up this morning, does anyone have a rivals account, or access to that article? Looks like an intriguing read.

Jones was at the game against Syracuse and loved it. He said he's taking notice of Kill and said we'll be in it until the end. Talks very positive about us as he has in each interview. Will also visit Iowa and UW soon.

Jones was at the game against Syracuse and loved it. He said he's taking notice of Kill and said we'll be in it until the end. Talks very positive about us as he has in each interview. Will also visit Iowa and UW soon.

1.) someone needs to tell jones that he absolutely needs to STAY AWAY from iowa. unless he wants AIRBHG (Angry Iowa Running Back Hating God) to end his college football career before it even starts. iowa is a graveyard for college football running backs. if you are smart jones....you will stay away from iowa and AIRBHG (Angry Iowa Running Back Hating God).

2.) someone needs to tell jones that unless he wants to get jumped by some madison student thugs and end up in the hospital, that he would be very wise to stay away from becky and madison. don't do it jones.

He seems like a good kid, and I hear great things about his ability (never seen him play).

Young Jones, please go to school someplace where you can get a good education and keep your knees and ankles intact!

Kid seems like a great guy in all his interviews. Wishing him good luck this year and hoping he wears maroon and gold!!

Doogie tweet: "Spoke w/ Washburn junior RB Jeff Jones. He was at the #Gophers games vs Syr. & N'Western, so he clearly likes them. Also likes Iowa/MSU/Wis."

Go Gophers!!

Playing at any other B10 school is treason. Beyond the B10, morally okay, but not welcome. Besides, this is the best metro in the conference for a future beyond football (including beyond pro football).

per Doogie:

Washburn junior running back Jeff Jones attended the Gophers' games against Syracuse and Northwestern. He has offers from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan State in the Big Ten. Also a standout on the basketball court, he's backing away next summer from playing AAU, but will play for the Millers this winter.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...king_hard_on_Martell_Webster_settlement101912

Go Gophers!!

I'm not sure what Rashede's relationship with Jeff is like. This could be the X factor.

Shocked he wasn't the leading rusher on his team anyone know why?

Not sure if posted in this thread, but according to Iowa's rivals site, he was visiting there last weekend to watch them lose to Purdue. That can't hurt...

Not sure if posted in this thread, but according to Iowa's rivals site, he was visiting there last weekend to watch them lose to Purdue. That can't hurt...

Yes, Iowa had both Washburn backs (Raymonte Maynard and Jeffrey Jones) down there last weekend.

Top Bottom