Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2729
  1. #31

    Default

    2014? Sid will not see this kid play a down at the U.


  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackiO View Post
    the inate lack of intelligence here is mildy disturbing only because it's expected of this fan base. heres a clue: 98% of my posts in my time here have been gopher related, morons. It sucks to suck, I know, so i'm OK having to deal with salty attitudes here every once in a while. Look past the word notre dame and you will realize it had barely anything to do with them other than providing an update on a recruit which never happens here because the interest in this program is so unbearably low right now no one cares to even bother. If anything you should be thanking me.
    The great Mrs. Onassis deigning to grace us peons with her presence from on high, to offer those of us "lack[ing] [in] intelligence" a 5-sentence post with a minimum of 10 grammatical errors. Awesome.

    The number of grammatical (and more importantly, factual) errors in your post is "mildy disturbing". Here's a clue: no one here gives 1/5 of a f*ck about Notre Dame, whether it's related to a Minnesota HS recruit or not. Go stroke your misplaced egos on goldendomebukkake.com. Say hi to Aristotle for me.

  3. #33

    Default

    I think James Gillum will have a really good 2 years and get drafted. There appears to be some positive momentum surrounding the development of our offensive line too.

    I suspect Minnesota will become an attractive option for RB prospects like it was under Mason.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Batavia, IL
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackiO View Post
    Per my post in the Malik Rucker thread...Visiting Notre Dame this weekend. Good friends with Jaylon Smith who is a 5 star committed recruit for the Irish. Going to be a big time player. Probably one of the top players out of Minnesota in the last 10 years.

    http://247sports.com/Article/Jeff-Jo...RAS-Camp-75986


    Recent article on 247 about camp he attended.
    Interesting too is the fact that neither will actually get to play for Coach Kelly as he will not be the coach of ND after 2013.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackiO View Post
    the inate [sic] lack of intelligence here is mildy disturbing
    Lol.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackiO

    the inate lack of intelligence here is mildy disturbing only because it's expected of this fan base. heres a clue: 98% of my posts in my time here have been gopher related, morons. It sucks to suck, I know, so i'm OK having to deal with salty attitudes here every once in a while. Look past the word notre dame and you will realize it had barely anything to do with them other than providing an update on a recruit which never happens here because the interest in this program is so unbearably low right now no one cares to even bother. If anything you should be thanking me.
    Shut your hole!

  7. #37

    Default

    Any updates on Mr. Jeffery Jones and who he is favoring?

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saluki07 View Post
    Any updates on Mr. Jeffery Jones and who he is favoring?
    According to a 247 sports article, he grew up a fan of both Wisconsin and Minnesota.

    He's visiting Iowa next weekend.

    Distance is a factor.

    About Wisconsin: "They're up there," he said. "I'm really open right now, but they're one of the top on my list I could you could say. Their program is very tough and the academics are hard, not too hard, but it will challenge me."

    About Minnesota: "Coach (Jerry) Kill and the staff are doing a great job of rebuilding the program," he said. "They're getting some big boys over there.

    On Minnesota and Wisconsin: If they impress me more, then I'll look into them more. I can't go there just because they're my two favorite schools."

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saluki07 View Post
    Any updates on Mr. Jeffery Jones and who he is favoring?
    There isn't much reporting on who he is favoring except the typical recruit-talk where they say nice things about all of the programs during recruiting. I think he ends up in the Big 10 and probably either MN, WI or IA.

    I really think we have a good chance but I really think some success could go a long way to get him.

  10. #40

    Default

    A lot people think we have a legit chance to get him, lets go Kill & co...

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Corn Field
    Posts
    22,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    There isn't much reporting on who he is favoring except the typical recruit-talk where they say nice things about all of the programs during recruiting. I think he ends up in the Big 10 and probably either MN, WI or IA.

    I really think we have a good chance but I really think some success could go a long way to get him.
    Especially if Gillum or another RB has a breakout season.

  12. #42

    Default jeff jones take note on ur visit: another iowa RB arrested. this one twice in 3 days

    Iowa RB De'Andre Johnson Arrested Twice In 3 Days

    http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...-iowa-hawkeyes


    to anyone who knows jeff jones make sure you tell him that: "friends don't let friends play running back for the iowee hogeyes."


    actually, friends shouldn't let friends play football in any capacity for iowa. their head coach corky ferentz and his control of the prison that is iowa football is becoming quite the joke.

  13. #43

    Default

    Jeff Jones update-- Got this from a poster on the Gopher Scout.com board.. Not sure if it's true, but very interesting if it is.

    ---I spoke to 2014 RB Jeff Jones, who visited Iowa City today. Jones made the drive down from Minnesota with Hawkeye commit Malik Rucker. He said he knows Rucker pretty well through football and whether it's Iowa or anywhere else, it would be nice to know somebody else already in the program when he goes to college.This was Jones first visit to Iowa and he said he really liked it. The coaches showed him some film on their offense and he was impressed with the offensive line and the commitment to the running game. He also liked all of the coaches he met and learning more about the tradition at Iowa.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher Gold View Post
    Jeff Jones update-- Got this from a poster on the Gopher Scout.com board.. Not sure if it's true, but very interesting if it is.

    ---I spoke to 2014 RB Jeff Jones, who visited Iowa City today. Jones made the drive down from Minnesota with Hawkeye commit Malik Rucker. He said he knows Rucker pretty well through football and whether it's Iowa or anywhere else, it would be nice to know somebody else already in the program when he goes to college.This was Jones first visit to Iowa and he said he really liked it. The coaches showed him some film on their offense and he was impressed with the offensive line and the commitment to the running game. He also liked all of the coaches he met and learning more about the tradition at Iowa.


    Getting arrested????

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30,444
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gopherguy05 View Post
    Getting arrested????
    POTY!
    Kingdom Warriors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •