All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

Jones not invited to UA all-american game for anyone who cares.

I wasn't being literal (I realize they've been playing football for about a hundred years), but the fact that you have to go back 7 years says something.

For the record, it's over a hundred years, first sanctioned game was 1894. (Trying to do my best dpo impression, now I need to shower)

Apparently Jeff Jones was at practice today according to Nate Sandell.

Apparently Jeff Jones was at practice today according to Nate Sandell.

He and Jashon Cornell as well. Ryan Burns has a picture on his twitter of the two wearing Gopher jerseys.

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI 2h
2015 Jashon Cornell (@Jay_Rock16) & 2014 Minnesota RB commit Jeff Jones in #Gopher jerseys today. Future teammates?

He and Jashon Cornell as well. Ryan Burns has a picture on his twitter of the two wearing Gopher jerseys.

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI 2h
2015 Jashon Cornell (@Jay_Rock16) & 2014 Minnesota RB commit Jeff Jones in #Gopher jerseys today. Future teammates?

From @RyanBurnsGI

I also tweeted Nate Sandell about what he knew about how committed Jeff Jones was and he said the Gophers still believe that they have him under wraps.

As some stated early in this thread, the battle for Jones is far from over but we are certainly in the mix for getting him.

As some stated early in this thread, the battle for Jones is far from over but we are certainly in the mix for getting him.

Not only that, until he actually decommits we are technically the leader in the clubhouse to get his commitment when the time comes for him to actually sign. But yeah there is a long time between that day and today so anything could happen. The important thing as you pointed out is that at the very least we know we are very much in the mix to get his signature next February.

we have to have this kid. Most important recruit ever, imo.

we have to have this kid. Most important recruit ever, imo.

Not sure I would go quite that far but he would certainly be an important get for the staff because he is a highly rated player in our backyard and those guys are not the easiest to come by.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Article/Seven-Earn-The-Opening-Invites-At-Chicago-Area-NFTC-129573

"Minnesota running back commit Jeff Jones, a soft verbal to the Gophers, regularly beat linebackers to the edge in 1-on-1s and then dominated as both a receiving threat in the flat and getting open down field. Physically impressive as well, Jones is dangerous as both a runner and receiver."

"Chosen by the staff, a few prospects doubled up here as Allen took home quarterback MVP honors, Jones did for the running backs and Morgan did for the linebackers."

Also, a lot about Jashon Cornell in the article.

he is only a 3 star on ESPN and is not even #1 in state, remember when he was a top 10 running back and now he sint even top 15 on rivals?

Stud running backs are only as good as the Offensive Line in front of them. Big Stud running backs do previous plus more after the OL.

Which is he?

Stud running backs are only as good as the Offensive Line in front of them. Big Stud running backs do previous plus more after the OL.

Which is he?

i think he will be good after contact, he has good vision and looks good on film, he reminds me of montee ball kind of, i think we will have an above average line, maybe great at run blocking at least when jones is here so i think he could have a huge junior or senior season and will be the best running back since maybe maroney or barber

think with an above average O-line he could rush for 1,500 in his senior season? with how we ran it right up texas tech that is not out of the question and jones is alot more talented then kirkwood or roderick williams, and the O-line shold be better, or is 1,500 yards just me being biased and unrealistic?

think with an above average O-line he could rush for 1,500 in his senior season? with how we ran it right up texas tech that is not out of the question and jones is alot more talented then kirkwood or roderick williams, and the O-line shold be better, or is 1,500 yards just me being biased and unrealistic?

Remember die hard gopher, predictions before the fact are only as good as results after the fact.

His rating dropped this year because he committed to the Gophers. If he would have committed to a helmet school, he would either stay put or maybe even increase his ranking a lot.

per Shama:

U RB Target Likes Iowa State

Washburn High School four-star running back Jeff Jones is still verbally committed to the Gophers but there is no guarantee yet he will play for Minnesota, and Iowa State is a school of interest, too, according to Millers’ coach Giovan Jenkins.

“I would consider it a soft verbal,” Jenkins said about the Gophers. “He (Jones) went to coach Kill and told him he committed too early.”

The Washburn junior first verbally committed to Minnesota coach Jerry Kill last year but since then realized he wants more time to decide on the college he will enroll at next year. Jenkins told Sports Headliners on Saturday that Jeff’s father is “getting out of jail” and wants to be part of the recruiting process, so that is also a factor.

Jenkins believes Iowa State is a “soft” No. 2 behind the Gophers on the list of possible choices. “He likes the staff and proximity (of Ames) to Minneapolis,” Jenkins said.

In addition to Minnesota and Iowa State, Jones has offers from Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan State, Syracuse and Wisconsin. Although Wisconsin has a great tradition of running backs, Jenkins believes Jones is likely to choose Minnesota if he decides on a Big Ten school.

Rivals.com labels Jones a four-star prospect and ranks him No. 17 among running backs in the class of 2014. Jenkins said Jones is a “once-in-a lifetime talent.”

The 6-foot, 190 pound prep is the first four-star running back to commit to Kill since he started coaching at Minnesota in 2011.

Jenkins described Jones as “big, strong, (with) excellent vision, great burst, very explosive — kind of a one-stop shop.” But the coach said Jones has to determine how close he will come to fulfilling his potential. If the desire and hard work are present, Jenkins projects Jones as a 220 pound runner in college. “If he works hard, he could be the best at that level, too,” Jenkins said.

Jones has been a starter for Washburn since ninth grade and a major contributor to the Millers’ success. In today’s world of transfers, Jones has been a target of other high schools. “He gets approached every year,” Jenkins said.

Jones lives in the Washburn district and likes playing for the Millers. He heard from former Miller David Gilreath that he regretted leaving Washburn for Robbinsdale Armstrong, according to Jenkins. Gilreath is now in the NFL with the Steelers after a college career at Wisconsin.

“Everything he’s got (Jones), he’s got from Washburn,” Jenkins said. “He is a loyal kid.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

We've lost him. Sigh.

guess who's totally paying attention to this post

tumblr_ltdm9vOJDg1qzv0mo.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_l3q5ixFmxW1qb3pc6.gif
    tumblr_l3q5ixFmxW1qb3pc6.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 23

Top Bottom