Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182
Results 2,716 to 2,729 of 2729

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    Hmm, Div III teams can't offer scholarships. So, is he posting a recruiting violation?
    Where does it say he’s receiving a scholie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Good luck to him.
    For such a small school, looks like about 600 or so students, quite an extensive athletic department. Lots of teams.

http://www.waldorfwarriors.com/index.php
    They even have a women's wrestling team

Man, I was so pumped when he committed. I hope he can find a good path in life.

What is he, about 45 years old by now? Seems like forever ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Where does it say he’s receiving a scholie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just doing a wild extrapolation of his "Offered" message in the pic.

So does he still have 4 years of eligibility left? Two years at Waldorf and then somewhere else for two years?

I think he has to go NAIA because they use a different clock than the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    So does he still have 4 years of eligibility left? Two years at Waldorf and then somewhere else for two years?
    I don't think he has any years of eligibility left with the NCAA unless he were granted a 6th year like OJ and Rodney as they were in the same class.

NAIA rules are probably different.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    I don't think he has any years of eligibility left with the NCAA unless he were granted a 6th year like OJ and Rodney as they were in the same class.

NAIA rules are probably different.
    Seasons of Competition

Students are charged seasons for competing at the collegiate level or for any elite outside competition that takes place a year after high school graduation in a year when you're not participating in college sports. NAIA students are allowed a maximum of 4 seasons of competition in a single sport. https://www.playnaia.org/page/transfers.php

Wouldn't think he would have much left.
    Dux Servus

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJack View Post
    They even have a women's wrestling team
    Doesn't every school in Ioaw?
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Default Movie Script

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Man, I was so pumped when he committed. I hope he can find a good path in life.
    If he did stick with this team, excel, get an NFL tryout, make a roster...

It would be a movie script for the ages. Blessings to you Jeff.

I am cheering for him to be successful on / off the field. He keeps trying so maybe he will get his life moving forward in a positive direction.

per Joe:

Three years after leaving the Gophers football team, former Minneapolis Washburn standout Jeff Jones is attempting a comeback, this time at Waldorf University in Forest City, Iowa.

Jones, 23, signed his national letter of intent Wednesday, and Waldorf’s football team announced the news on Twitter. The team plays at the NAIA level.

Jones was one of the highest-rated recruits in Gophers history when he signed with them after earning MVP honors at the Under Armour All-American Game in 2014.

He was academically ineligible that fall and wound up playing in just three games for Minnesota, all in 2015, before transferring to Iowa Western Community College. In May 2016, Jones was charged with felony drug possession after being pulled over in Bloomington with a firearm in the vehicle.

On Wednesday, Jones posted the Waldorf announcement on Twitter, adding, “Prayed for an opportunity and he delivered forever grateful.”

http://www.startribune.com/former-go...orf/505464222/

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Joe:

Three years after leaving the Gophers football team, former Minneapolis Washburn standout Jeff Jones is attempting a comeback, this time at Waldorf University in Forest City, Iowa.

Jones, 23, signed his national letter of intent Wednesday, and Waldorf’s football team announced the news on Twitter. The team plays at the NAIA level.

Jones was one of the highest-rated recruits in Gophers history when he signed with them after earning MVP honors at the Under Armour All-American Game in 2014.

He was academically ineligible that fall and wound up playing in just three games for Minnesota, all in 2015, before transferring to Iowa Western Community College. In May 2016, Jones was charged with felony drug possession after being pulled over in Bloomington with a firearm in the vehicle.

On Wednesday, Jones posted the Waldorf announcement on Twitter, adding, “Prayed for an opportunity and he delivered forever grateful.”

http://www.startribune.com/former-go...orf/505464222/

Go Gophers!!
    Based on that, I think he still has three years of eligibility? The NAIA only counts semesters/seasons in school, no running clock. It was a little unclear with transfers (at least I didn't see enough detail to figure it out).