All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

Jerry Kill is a much better coach than Brady Hoke. I'm really happy Brady passed on us because there is no way we would take him now. If Brady can't win with the talent at Michigan he would be a disaster coaching for us. Our offense focuses on running more than Michigan and that is better for Jeff.

Yeah, Michigan's run game was atrocious this year.

Are we really worried about Brady hoke and will muschamp? I would hope Jeff is smarter than that.

247 Crystal Ball is nothing more than a guess. I couldn't care less.

I guess I don't know anything about the accuracy in their predictions. Right now, I'm hoping they're pretty bad. . .

Then again, the crystal ball has 55% with Ragnow going to Minnesota. . .

I guess I don't know anything about the accuracy in their predictions. Right now, I'm hoping they're pretty bad. . .

Then again, the crystal ball has 55% with Ragnow going to Minnesota. . .

if you've been following Jeff's recruitment and this thread close enough for a while then you should be able to have as good if not better of a guess then those guys on 247, most of the posters on GH are a little more informed on Jeff recruiting and his reasoning then the 247 guys and most GHs don't think he ends up at UF, if its for a recruit that i have never heard of or know little about then i will put more stock into it

actually UF won't have 4 RBs on scholarship next year. They will have 5 RBs on scholarship next year as it is even without an RB recruit for this class, one 5 star, two 4 stars, one 3 star and one former walk on who was awarded a scholarship for next year

I don't blames Jones for taking his visits. Its a once in a lifetime thing for him. In the end, i think the fact that Kill and staff's relationship with him is too tough to overcome.

While not outstanding, they are pretty good and still up and coming. This is an Oline that put up over 100yds rushing against MSU, while Iowa only put up 23 and Mich. was held to negative yards. They also arguably should have been the only team to rush for over 100yds against Syracuse, if the entire team would have shown up.

As a team that ran the ball on 70% of the plays, Jones has to like what he sees in the Gophers.

Just as an example of what an outstanding Oline actually looks like. Ill agree that the potential is there but by no means is it a certainty. The Gophers Oline has a ways to go before they are deemed outstanding.

I agree that it is a once in a lifetime chance to travel and see other places. Many years ago I was flattered by just getting letters from colleges. Getting these calls and visits from coaches must be overwhelming to the kids. One of my college coaches who played at Florida said that he was greeted by a beautiful coed called a Gator Girl upon his arrival in Florida. He didn't hardly see a coach or a player for a half day. He was just shown around by her. Not sure if they still have Gator Girls or not. Young men are impressionable. This winter can't help recruiting either. Imagine how many schools are using the Governors proclamation of no school on Monday because it is too cold.

If you've been reading his interviews, it would be hard to conclude he's leaning towards the Gophers. It seems to me a more logical conclusion would be that Mr. Jones is trying very hard to find a school to attend other than Minnesota. He has too many doubts about the Gophers and Jerry Kill. Jeff Jones is history. The writing is on the wall. Other than the fact he initially commited to us, this will play out just like Tyus, Reid and Rashad. The chances of keeping MN high school kids with high national rankings (say top 50) in FB and BB are perhaps 1 in 10. I would be willing to bet $500.00 Jeff Jones goes elsewhere.
I'll bet you.

$EC money will find it's way to Mr. Levi Bradley if Jones commits there.
Book it. Crooked as all H.

What is this stuff with Bradley... Jones has said in interviews his decision is between him his family and coach... If he doesnt go to the gophers it is because HE didn't want to NO one else!

From everything I've read JJ is a pretty bright and mature man. He is taking his time to find what he thinks is best for him. Only Jeff will know what is best for him. All we can hope is that the U is what he decides. I'm a fan of his regardless. Good Luck Jeff. Go Gophers.

Thanks for being a true fan of mine. this isnt my profile I was just seeing what the gopher fans was up to on a friends profile.

I hope he stays too. I've seen him play in person a half dozen times and it's very hard to estimate his talent when he plays against the core Mpls/St. Paul teams (since they are not very rich in the talent department). If he decides to go elsewhere, I am confident the coaching staff will find someone who has proven themselves against a higher level of talent.

Higher level talent ? ha what were your thoughts after the game.

The way the Gopher OL is developing I see a Heisman in JJs future. Keep bringing in the big athletes for the OL. With a real D coming on the sky is the limit for the Gophers. This coaching staff has never failed and has it going on at Minnesota. We have to keep them together.

JJ will have his pick of schools. He can be the peice that makes the Gophers a Helmet school.

Let's light a fire under this practice facility.

Thanks for being a true fan of mine. this isnt my profile I was just seeing what the gopher fans was up to on a friends profile.

Lol funny I follow a girl named Emily on twitter and she was talking about hanging out with Jeff Jones last night. So is this him on her account?? If so just want to let you know that the whole state is hungry for the Gophers to return to the Rose Bowl and I believe Kill is the doing a great job and has us heading in the right direction, I hope you stay committed and help them achieve that goal.

Lol funny I follow a girl named Emily on twitter and she was talking about hanging out with Jeff Jones last night. So is this him on her account?? If so just want to let you know that the whole state is hungry for the Gophers to return to the Rose Bowl and I believe Kill is the doing a great job and has us heading in the right direction, I hope you stay committed and help them achieve that goal.

Yes it is actually me but I'm just trying to take my time with it but know Minnesota is gunna be in the top 3 I love you guys here!!

jeff, we can't wait to see you in maroon and gold! you are a program changing rb!!

Preposterous statement nominee

Not that preposterous. We are not that far off from competing for big ten titles. Best player on a breakthrough team would be in serious heisman discussion.

Jeff jones would be a big piece of that team. Imagine a more experienced and fired up Leidner (or Nelson) slinging balls to our developing receivers and also being a threat to run behind a (finally) mature and dominant offensive line. This could be really fun offense to watch next year.

Jeff jones would absolutely thrive in this offense and put up heismanesque numbers and be given every chance to succeed by this staff. He would be a superstar here.

It would be a mistake to go to another school where he could get buried on the depth chart for any number of reasons.

Hope you stay home Jeff! Congrats on the MVP in the all-star game.

Pretty cool that Jones is posting here. I 100% know he's not the only football and hoops recruit that posts here, which is fun. For those that don't believe that Jones posted a few times in this thread:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/NadineBabu">@NadineBabu</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/elliotmann">@elliotmann</a> haha it is him. I'm with him now. It's my account.</p>— emily▲ (@xoxothatblonde) <a href="https://twitter.com/xoxothatblonde/statuses/419523335207153664">January 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anyway, Jeff, no fan base wants you as bad as the Gopher fan base!!!!

It will be awesome to see Bradley and JJ in the same backfield, and with Kirkwood and Cobb behind a more seasoned O-Line. I sincerely hope that JJ decides to wear the Marron and Gold.

The best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

i can definitely see Jeff Being a Heisman candidate, he would need to rush for at least 1,700 yards and we would need to be at least a 10 win team but i can see that happening, in order for him to win the heisman we would need to be undefeated and have him run for closer to 2,000 yards like Andre William's which is a long shot

It will be awesome to see Berkley and JJ in the same backfield, and with Kirkwood and Cobb behind a more seasoned O-Line. I sincerely hope that JJ decides to wear the Marron and Gold.

The best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

FIFY

Yes it is actually me but I'm just trying to take my time with it but know Minnesota is gunna be in the top 3 I love you guys here!!

I'd ask Emily to privatize her tweets if not just for your safety.

Top Bottom