All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

the inate lack of intelligence here is mildy disturbing only because it's expected of this fan base. heres a clue: 98% of my posts in my time here have been gopher related, morons. It sucks to suck, I know, so i'm OK having to deal with salty attitudes here every once in a while. Look past the word notre dame and you will realize it had barely anything to do with them other than providing an update on a recruit which never happens here because the interest in this program is so unbearably low right now no one cares to even bother. If anything you should be thanking me.

The great Mrs. Onassis deigning to grace us peons with her presence from on high, to offer those of us "lack[ing] [in] intelligence" a 5-sentence post with a minimum of 10 grammatical errors. Awesome.

The number of grammatical (and more importantly, factual) errors in your post is "mildy disturbing". Here's a clue: no one here gives 1/5 of a f*ck about Notre Dame, whether it's related to a Minnesota HS recruit or not. Go stroke your misplaced egos on goldendomebukkake.com. Say hi to Aristotle for me.

I think James Gillum will have a really good 2 years and get drafted. There appears to be some positive momentum surrounding the development of our offensive line too.

I suspect Minnesota will become an attractive option for RB prospects like it was under Mason.

Per my post in the Malik Rucker thread...Visiting Notre Dame this weekend. Good friends with Jaylon Smith who is a 5 star committed recruit for the Irish. Going to be a big time player. Probably one of the top players out of Minnesota in the last 10 years.

http://247sports.com/Article/Jeff-Jones-Jaylon-Smith-lead-the-way-at-RAS-Camp-75986

Recent article on 247 about camp he attended.

Interesting too is the fact that neither will actually get to play for Coach Kelly as he will not be the coach of ND after 2013.

JackiO said:
the inate lack of intelligence here is mildy disturbing only because it's expected of this fan base. heres a clue: 98% of my posts in my time here have been gopher related, morons. It sucks to suck, I know, so i'm OK having to deal with salty attitudes here every once in a while. Look past the word notre dame and you will realize it had barely anything to do with them other than providing an update on a recruit which never happens here because the interest in this program is so unbearably low right now no one cares to even bother. If anything you should be thanking me.
Shut your hole!

Any updates on Mr. Jeffery Jones and who he is favoring?

According to a 247 sports article, he grew up a fan of both Wisconsin and Minnesota.

He's visiting Iowa next weekend.

Distance is a factor.

About Wisconsin: "They're up there," he said. "I'm really open right now, but they're one of the top on my list I could you could say. Their program is very tough and the academics are hard, not too hard, but it will challenge me."

About Minnesota: "Coach (Jerry) Kill and the staff are doing a great job of rebuilding the program," he said. "They're getting some big boys over there.

On Minnesota and Wisconsin: If they impress me more, then I'll look into them more. I can't go there just because they're my two favorite schools."

Any updates on Mr. Jeffery Jones and who he is favoring?

There isn't much reporting on who he is favoring except the typical recruit-talk where they say nice things about all of the programs during recruiting. I think he ends up in the Big 10 and probably either MN, WI or IA.

I really think we have a good chance but I really think some success could go a long way to get him.

A lot people think we have a legit chance to get him, lets go Kill & co...

There isn't much reporting on who he is favoring except the typical recruit-talk where they say nice things about all of the programs during recruiting. I think he ends up in the Big 10 and probably either MN, WI or IA.

I really think we have a good chance but I really think some success could go a long way to get him.

Especially if Gillum or another RB has a breakout season.

jeff jones take note on ur visit: another iowa RB arrested. this one twice in 3 days

Iowa RB De'Andre Johnson Arrested Twice In 3 Days

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/7/29/3199893/deandre-johnson-arrests-iowa-hawkeyes

to anyone who knows jeff jones make sure you tell him that: "friends don't let friends play running back for the iowee hogeyes."

actually, friends shouldn't let friends play football in any capacity for iowa. their head coach corky ferentz and his control of the prison that is iowa football is becoming quite the joke.

Jeff Jones update-- Got this from a poster on the Gopher Scout.com board.. Not sure if it's true, but very interesting if it is.

---I spoke to 2014 RB Jeff Jones, who visited Iowa City today. Jones made the drive down from Minnesota with Hawkeye commit Malik Rucker. He said he knows Rucker pretty well through football and whether it's Iowa or anywhere else, it would be nice to know somebody else already in the program when he goes to college.This was Jones first visit to Iowa and he said he really liked it. The coaches showed him some film on their offense and he was impressed with the offensive line and the commitment to the running game. He also liked all of the coaches he met and learning more about the tradition at Iowa.

Jeff Jones update-- Got this from a poster on the Gopher Scout.com board.. Not sure if it's true, but very interesting if it is.

---I spoke to 2014 RB Jeff Jones, who visited Iowa City today. Jones made the drive down from Minnesota with Hawkeye commit Malik Rucker. He said he knows Rucker pretty well through football and whether it's Iowa or anywhere else, it would be nice to know somebody else already in the program when he goes to college.This was Jones first visit to Iowa and he said he really liked it. The coaches showed him some film on their offense and he was impressed with the offensive line and the commitment to the running game. He also liked all of the coaches he met and learning more about the tradition at Iowa.

Getting arrested????

Somebody needs to tell him about the AIRBHG.

ESPN: Jones visits Iowa with Hawkeyes commits

The Iowa coaching staff could not have planned for a better recruiting pitch than the one Jeff Jones (Minneapolis/Washburn) received Sunday.

The Hawkeyes coaches were in the ear of Jones all Sunday afternoon, and then Iowa three-star safety commit Malik RuckerMalik Rucker took the night shift. Rucker, who also hails from Minnesota, rode with Jones to and from Iowa.

Several of Iowa’s other 2013 commitments were also on hand throughout Sunday.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...o.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midwest/post?id=3584

Go Gophers!!

ESPN: Jones visits Iowa with Hawkeyes commits

The Iowa coaching staff could not have planned for a better recruiting pitch than the one Jeff Jones (Minneapolis/Washburn) received Sunday.

The Hawkeyes coaches were in the ear of Jones all Sunday afternoon, and then Iowa three-star safety commit Malik RuckerMalik Rucker took the night shift. Rucker, who also hails from Minnesota, rode with Jones to and from Iowa.

Several of Iowa’s other 2013 commitments were also on hand throughout Sunday.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...o.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midwest/post?id=3584

Go Gophers!!

hey jeff jones of MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA. all i have to say to you is this. FLOYD OF ROSEDALE. he is a big, old, fat, bronzed piggy. and he is going to be residing in minneapolis many times over the next several years. your hometown GOLDEN GOPHERS ARE WHERE IT IS AT. be smart and stick with the "U".

btw: malik rucker is a punk and a shill for that idiot iowee hogeye headcoach, corky ferentz. would be wise to not make the huge mistake of joining the clueless criminals & idiots in the iowee city prison yard. which is also known as kinnick cow grazing stadium.

hey jeff jones of MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA. all i have to say to you is this. FLOYD OF ROSEDALE. he is a big, old, fat, bronzed piggy. and he is going to be residing in minneapolis many times over the next several years. your hometown GOLDEN GOPHERS ARE WHERE IT IS AT. be smart and stick with the "U".

btw: malik rucker is a punk and a shill for that idiot iowee hogeye headcoach, corky ferentz. don't get join the rest of those clueless idiots in the iowee city prison yard also known as kinnick cow grazing stadium.

You sound like the Minnesota version of pantherhawk.

btw: malik rucker is a punk and a shill for that idiot iowee hogeye headcoach, corky ferentz. don't get join the rest of those clueless idiots in the iowee city prison yard also known as kinnick cow grazing stadium.

You went about three steps too far here. Tone it down, don't talk about kids that way.

You went about three steps too far here. Tone it down, don't talk about kids that way.

agreed. they're all kids. and when it comes down to it, they'll make the decision that's best for them. let's hope its to come to the U. Posts like that one do not help however.

agreed. they're all kids. and when it comes down to it, they'll make the decision that's best for them. let's hope its to come to the U. Posts like that one do not help however.

Over the top no doubt, but at some point you've got to question why kids continue to go to Iowa, especially RB's.

Recruiting has been hurt at other places for far less strange and crazy reasons than Iowa's current Rb streak. i mean my god, there's been about 1 healthy or unsnakebitten RB there since the late 90's. If you believe in the SI curse or the Madden curse, this one is getting up there as far as believable.

Angry Iowa Runningback Hating God has to be considered at some point.

Add in the general drug and arrest records the team has had under Ferentz, and the fact that it's fricking boring Iowa. How do they get kids in there at all?

Over the top no doubt, but at some point you've got to question why kids continue to go to Iowa, especially RB's.

Recruiting has been hurt at other places for far less strange and crazy reasons than Iowa's current Rb streak. i mean my god, there's been about 1 healthy or unsnakebitten RB there since the late 90's. If you believe in the SI curse or the Madden curse, this one is getting up there as far as believable.

Angry Iowa Runningback Hating God has to be considered at some point.

Add in the general drug and arrest records the team has had under Ferentz, and the fact that it's fricking boring Iowa. How do they get kids in there at all?

they all go there because ferentz has a great selling line. "hey look at our roster. everyone else either does drugs or tears their acl. YOU can be the difference!!" :D

I agree with everything you're saying, but they do send a lot of kids to the NFL, which is probably a major selling point.

btw: malik rucker is a punk and a shill for that idiot iowee hogeye headcoach, corky ferentz. would be wise to not make the huge mistake of joining the clueless criminals & idiots in the iowee city prison yard. which is also known as kinnick cow grazing stadium.

What will you call him if he changes his mind and commits to MN?

True

I agree with everything you're saying, but they do send a lot of kids to the NFL, which is probably a major selling point.

Very true. I think an athlete is more concerned about which school can get them to the NFL over anything else.

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI

Top 2014 Minnesota RB Jeff Jones (@MIllerBoyz_21) will be attending the #Gopher vs Western Michigan game this weekend.

Unofficial visit.

Top Bottom