Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Belvidere, IL
    Posts
    14,668

    Default 2012-13 Gophers Schedule (will update as info/dates are reported)

    I won't be surprised if the USC road game gets bumped to the 2013-14 season, but until we hear otherwise we'll assume it'll be played this coming season.

    2011-12 final RPI is noted in parentheses.

    Home (16 or 17)
    1. Michigan State (3) -- NCAA
    2. Michigan (13) -- NCAA
    3. Indiana (17) -- NCAA
    4. Wisconsin (23) -- NCAA
    5. Northwestern (65) -- NIT
    6. Illinois (94)
    7. Iowa (130) -- NIT
    8. Nebraska (154)
    9. Penn State (161)
    10.
    11.
    12.
    13.
    14.
    15.
    16.
    17.

    Road (11)
    1. @ Michigan State (3) -- NCAA
    2. @ Ohio State (7) -- NCAA
    3. @ Indiana (17) -- NCAA
    4. @ Wisconsin (23) -- NCAA
    5. @ Purdue (47) -- NCAA
    6. @ Northwestern (65)
    7. @ Illinois (94)
    8. @ Iowa (130) -- NIT
    9. @ Nebraska (154)
    10. @ USC (270)
    11. @ ACC opponent (2011 matchups were announced May 17)

    Neutral-Site (3) -- Battle 4 Atlantis (Nov. 22-24)
    Gophers will play 3 of:
    vs. Duke (5) -- NCAA
    vs. Missouri (10) -- NCAA
    vs. Louisville (14) -- NCAA
    vs. Memphis (16) -- NCAA
    vs. VCU (38) -- NCAA
    vs. Northern Iowa (73) -- NIT
    vs. Stanford (97) -- NIT

    Exhibition (2)
    1.
    2.

    OTHER B1G SCHEDULING RUMORS/TIDBITS (excluding exempt tournaments)
    1. Michigan will play West Virginia on Dec. 15 at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Go Blue also will host Arkansas as the back half of a home-and-home series.

    2. Sparty will play Kansas in the Champions Classic in Atlanta.

    3. Purdue will host Pat Knight's Lamar squad.

    4. Courtesy of GVBadger, the Badgers will play at Florida in the first game of a home-and-home series, as well as @ Marquette. In addition, the Badgers have a solid home game vs. Cal and former Gopher Justin Cobbs.

    5. This year in the Conseco Fieldhouse (or whatever it's called now) doubleheader it'll be Indiana vs. Butler, and Purdue vs. Notre Dame.
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 04-10-2012 at 01:01 PM.


  2. #2

    Default

    a) Where do you get 16-17 games when the Seat Selection guide says 18?
    b) Do we already know the BT teams for next year? I assume that's just a guess since it looks like all you did was reverse last year's home/away games...
    c) I'm a little surprised that the B4A actually has everyone play 3 games. That would suck to lose all 3. Plus the schedule for the final day seems a little jacked. The winners' bracket plays the early games.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Belvidere, IL
    Posts
    14,668

    Default

    (a) There won't be more than 17 home games next season (excluding the 2 presumed exhibitions) unless somehow we only have 1 true road game. I suspect Tubby wants an extra home game again like we had this past season, so he's probably trying to work something out with Kevin O'Neill at USC. Unless NCAA scheduling rules have changed, you're allowed 28 regular-season games (excluding your conference tourney), with exempt tournaments (i.e. B4A) counting as 1. That leaves 27 other games:

    18 conference (9 home, 9 away)

    8/9 nonconference -- If Gophers play 1 true road game, we could have a max of 9 NC home games, though one would have to be an exempt game vs. an opponent from the B4A. We did this last season with Fairfield to maximize the number of games allowed (4) for exempt tourneys. If we play 2 true road games, the max home games would be 8.

    (b) B1G schedules are on a 2-year rotation, and 2012-13 will be the 2nd year of the rotation. Hence, next season Michigan-Ohio State-Penn State-Purdue remain our 1-plays, just reversing the game location.

    (c) Battle 4 Atlantis is a bracketed tournament. It had the title game earlier than the other games for TV purposes. I imagine that will be the case again in 2012.

    Scheduling stuff can get confusing. Won't be surprised if, in the end, there'll be 19 home games (including the exhibitions) on the slate, meaning we'll get a refund for 1 game.
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 04-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    never mind--just saw GW's post on the seat selection thread.
    Last edited by Jim V2; 04-09-2012 at 06:10 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Belvidere, IL
    Posts
    14,668

    Default Updated April 11: NDSU and SDSU on the schedule per Minnesota Daily article

    Article indicates Gophers currently are in 2-year contracts with both regional schools.
    ________________________

    2011-12 final RPI is noted in parentheses.

    Home (16 or 17)
    1. Michigan State (3) -- NCAA
    2. Michigan (13) -- NCAA
    3. Indiana (17) -- NCAA
    4. Wisconsin (23) -- NCAA
    5. South Dakota State (43) -- NCAA
    6. Northwestern (65) -- NIT
    7. Illinois (94)
    8. Iowa (130) -- NIT
    9. Nebraska (154)
    10. Penn State (161)
    11. North Dakota State (183) -- CBI
    12.
    13.
    14.
    15.
    16.
    17.

    Road (11)
    1. @ Michigan State (3) -- NCAA
    2. @ Ohio State (7) -- NCAA
    3. @ Indiana (17) -- NCAA
    4. @ Wisconsin (23) -- NCAA
    5. @ Purdue (47) -- NCAA
    6. @ Northwestern (65) -- NIT
    7. @ Illinois (94)
    8. @ Iowa (130) -- NIT
    9. @ Nebraska (154)
    10. @ USC (270)
    11. @ ACC opponent (2011 matchups were announced May 17)

    Neutral-Site (3) -- Battle 4 Atlantis (Nov. 22-24)
    Gophers will play 3 of:
    vs. Duke (5) -- NCAA
    vs. Missouri (10) -- NCAA
    vs. Louisville (14) -- NCAA
    vs. Memphis (16) -- NCAA
    vs. VCU (38) -- NCAA
    vs. Northern Iowa (73) -- NIT
    vs. Stanford (97) -- NIT

    Exhibition (2)
    1.
    2.

    OTHER B1G SCHEDULING RUMORS/TIDBITS (excluding exempt tournaments)
    1. Michigan will play West Virginia on Dec. 15 at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Go Blue also will host Arkansas as the back half of a home-and-home series.

    2. Sparty will play Kansas in the Champions Classic in Atlanta.

    3. Ohio State gets home games vs. Albany (Nov. 9) and UMKC (Nov. 23) as part of the Hall of Fame Tip-Off.

    4. Purdue will host Pat Knight's Lamar squad.

    5. Courtesy of GVBadger, the Badgers will play @ Florida in the first game of a home-and-home series, as well as @ in-state rival Marquette. In addition, the Badgers have a solid home game vs. Cal and former Gopher Justin Cobbs.

    6. A Conseco Fieldhouse (or whatever it's called now) doubleheader will have Indiana vs. Butler, and Purdue vs. Notre Dame.
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 04-11-2012 at 10:48 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Belvidere, IL
    Posts
    14,668

    Default

    This Marquette blog would welcome a home and home with the Gophers, with the series starting at Williams Arena this season. Perhaps the Warriors are in need of a home-and-home vs. a high major?

    http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2012...-schedule.html

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday
    This Marquette blog would welcome a home and home with the Gophers, with the series starting at Williams Arena this season. Perhaps the Warriors are in need of a home-and-home vs. a high major?

    http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2012...-schedule.html
    Was that written by GW?

    Kidding ... Kind of.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Belvidere, IL
    Posts
    14,668

    Default

    Not that I know of. Marquette certainly would make a lot of sense for a home and home, but not sure they'd schedule a second Big Ten team in addition to the yearly tilt with the Badgers. GW would know more about that.
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 04-18-2012 at 06:14 AM.

  9. Default

    I wouldn't mind Minnesota playing vs. Creighton this year. Since they tend to schedule teams who have Minnesota natives, Creighton will have 2 with Ethan Wragge and Isaiah Zierden.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winona Gopher View Post
    I wouldn't mind Minnesota playing vs. Creighton this year. Since they tend to schedule teams who have Minnesota natives, Creighton will have 2 with Ethan Wragge and Isaiah Zierden.
    McDermott a PF or SF? Either way, him vs. Rodney or Trevor would be interesting.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zambam View Post
    McDermott a PF or SF? Either way, him vs. Rodney or Trevor would be interesting.
    McDermott is used at the 4 like how Rodney was used at the 4. At the next level he is a SF.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winona Gopher View Post
    I wouldn't mind Minnesota playing vs. Creighton this year. Since they tend to schedule teams who have Minnesota natives, Creighton will have 2 with Ethan Wragge and Isaiah Zierden.

    I'd be up for this as long as they don't hack as much as they did against UNC. I'd say Andre is much more important to this team than even Marshall was to UNC.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Article indicates Gophers currently are in 2-year contracts with both regional schools.
    ________________________

    2011-12 final RPI is noted in parentheses.

    Home (16 or 17)
    1. Michigan State (3) -- NCAA
    2. Michigan (13) -- NCAA
    3. Indiana (17) -- NCAA
    4. Wisconsin (23) -- NCAA
    5. South Dakota State (43) -- NCAA
    6. Northwestern (65) -- NIT
    7. Illinois (94)
    8. Iowa (130) -- NIT
    9. Nebraska (154)
    10. Penn State (161)
    11. North Dakota State (183) -- CBI
    12.
    13.
    14.
    15.
    16.
    17.

    Road (11)
    1. @ Michigan State (3) -- NCAA
    2. @ Ohio State (7) -- NCAA
    3. @ Indiana (17) -- NCAA
    4. @ Wisconsin (23) -- NCAA
    5. @ Purdue (47) -- NCAA
    6. @ Northwestern (65) -- NIT
    7. @ Illinois (94)
    8. @ Iowa (130) -- NIT
    9. @ Nebraska (154)
    10. @ USC (270)
    11. @ ACC opponent (2011 matchups were announced May 17)

    Neutral-Site (3) -- Battle 4 Atlantis (Nov. 22-24)
    Gophers will play 3 of:
    vs. Duke (5) -- NCAA
    vs. Missouri (10) -- NCAA
    vs. Louisville (14) -- NCAA
    vs. Memphis (16) -- NCAA
    vs. VCU (38) -- NCAA
    vs. Northern Iowa (73) -- NIT
    vs. Stanford (97) -- NIT

    Exhibition (2)
    1.
    2.

    OTHER B1G SCHEDULING RUMORS/TIDBITS (excluding exempt tournaments)
    1. Michigan will play West Virginia on Dec. 15 at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Go Blue also will host Arkansas as the back half of a home-and-home series.

    2. Sparty will play Kansas in the Champions Classic in Atlanta.

    3. Ohio State gets home games vs. Albany (Nov. 9) and UMKC (Nov. 23) as part of the Hall of Fame Tip-Off.

    4. Purdue will host Pat Knight's Lamar squad.

    5. Courtesy of GVBadger, the Badgers will play @ Florida in the first game of a home-and-home series, as well as @ in-state rival Marquette. In addition, the Badgers have a solid home game vs. Cal and former Gopher Justin Cobbs.

    6. A Conseco Fieldhouse (or whatever it's called now) doubleheader will have Indiana vs. Butler, and Purdue vs. Notre Dame.
    People in Durham are reporting that OSU travels to Cameron for the ACC/BT Challenge this year.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Belvidere, IL
    Posts
    14,668

    Default

    Thanks Pewter. The pairings should be announced in the next 2-3 weeks. It was May 17 last year.
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 05-01-2012 at 06:46 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Belvidere, IL
    Posts
    14,668

    Default

    NM
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 05-02-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  









Get Adobe Flash player