Sad News - UPDATED: Kill, Gray and U Chief of Police to address media at 2pm

"Good Friday" has only to do with Christ's death not GT. I hope GT knew Christ and is with him today BUT I have no knowledge of his soul and my Wishful Thinking will not make it happen. I like many on here can understand the pain the Tinsley family is going through because we have been in similar circumstances. I wish them peace and fond memories of their son. However, I am amazed how people who don't want to "know" what happens after we die, can boldly say that "Grandpa is in that great fishing hole in the sky" when they or Grandpa couldn't give the time of day to seek out for the meaning of life after death.
Let's not turn this into an argument about religion and the afterlife.

Let's not turn this into an argument about religion and the afterlife.

+1. This discussion has the feel that it could turn into a pissing match. Don't let that happen in this thread please.

"Good Friday" has only to do with Christ's death not GT. I hope GT knew Christ and is with him today BUT I have no knowledge of his soul and my Wishful Thinking will not make it happen. I like many on here can understand the pain the Tinsley family is going through because we have been in similar circumstances. I wish them peace and fond memories of their son. However, I am amazed how people who don't want to "know" what happens after we die, can boldly say that "Grandpa is in that great fishing hole in the sky" when they or Grandpa couldn't give the time of day to seek out for the meaning of life after death.

Forestlaker, people including many different Christians have different beliefs on what it takes to get into heaven. Now's not a time to quibble about them.

This thread is a tribute to Gary Tinsley. Any topic that steers away from that will be deleted from this point on. If you wish to steer away from this topic we encourage posters to take it to the Off-Topic Board.

Thanks for understanding.

Thoughts are with Gary's family, friends and teammates. I didn't ever have the opportunity to meet him, but I certainly loved watching him play. When I read the story about how he had accepted responsibility for his prior misconduct and had become a better citizen, student and teammate, I started to follow him with more personal interest. Credit to Coach Brewster, Joel Maturi and/or whoever else was involved in dealing with Gary's initial problems at the U and deciding to stick with him when the easiest and safest course might have been to remove him from the program. Somebody recognized in Gary that he had the capacity to learn from those early missteps and make positive changes in his life. Most of the credit, of course, goes to Gary for recognizing where he was in his life, where he wanted to be, and the steps he needed to take to get there. Lots of people quit when faced with challenges like that, but he didn't and, from all I have heard and read, was on the path he wanted to follow. He'll be missed.

My room mate in Madison in the late 70's was Wayne Souza, all big ten split end. We were water skiing in the summer on Mendota, tragic. I think about him daily. My thoughts and prayers to all who will never forget this.

I feel awful that 22-year old guy just about to start his own life suddenly died. It's hard to comprehend how this could have happened. I really wish Gary could be alive today to pursue his NFL career and his life.

I really admired how this guy played, especially this last year under Coach Kill. Gary was hard nosed and smart. One of our best players.

My best goes out to all that knew him and his family.

Extremely sad. The word "tragedy" gets over-used in the age of hyperbole in which we live, but when a 22-year-old kid just getting out of college just up and dies, I don't know what other word fits better. He was a very good player and always worth watching, but that is just beside the point in this time of sadness.

It's amazing how you can follow a team so passionately, and I've never met Gary Tinsley in my life then something like this happens and as a fan you find out just how close you think you are to these kids.

Anyway my thoughts are with everyone who knew him. #NoReason

My room mate in Madison in the late 70's was Wayne Souza, all big ten split end. We were water skiing in the summer on Mendota, tragic. I think about him daily. My thoughts and prayers to all who will never forget this.

Sad. However, he died on Lake Menona.

Top Bottom