Sad News - UPDATED: Kill, Gray and U Chief of Police to address media at 2pm

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
I have no sources on this but Michael Rand (@randball) just tweeted about "unbelievably sad news" coming from Gopher football. A check of his timeline and it could be some devastating news about Gary Tinsley.

I hope it's not true and I don't want to start any rumors here. Has anyone heard anything?

Mbakwe is tweeting about it too...

Trevor Mbakwe ‏ @TMbakwe32
Wow I can't believe the news I just heard damn.

Trevor Mbakwe ‏ @TMbakwe32
I know it's real cliche but tomorrow really isn't promised. You never know that today could be your last one.

Wow, this is just devestating. I wish the Tinsely family well.

Justin Gaard just tweeted there is a team meeting at 4:30.

Wow....prayers out to the Tinsley family, you send your child away to college, for something like this to happen...I can't even comprehend.

RT: @jgkfan: Horrible news circulating in Dinkytown that Gary Tinsley has died. Team will meet today at 4:30. Wow.

Sad news. Thoughts out to his family this easter weekend.

I heard from sources that his roommate found him, and his heart had stopped. They couldn't retrieve him. All the players have been pulled from their classes.

This is so shocking and tragic. My heart just goes out to all of his loved ones :(.

Terrible news. Tragic. My prayers are with his family and friends.

Very sad. Don't know what else to write/say?

Terrible news, my heart goes out to his family and friends, as well as his extended family at the University of Minnesota.

Prayers for the Tinsley family...the incredible grief they must be enduring.

Was still peeved/depressed about the hockey game last night. This stuff always puts life back into perspective. Thoughts and prayers.

Awful. Watching Tinsley's inspired play over the final few games last season was one of the bright spots for me. Sad, sad, sad.

Came through some tough times and got past them and seemed to flourish. Hope his family can find some peace.

Wow, this is very very sad, one month away from graduating and a possible NFL career. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Thoughts and prayers out to his family and friends. One never knows.

Completely speechless. Incredibly sad news. Thoughts and prayers with his entire family and friends.

Wow. Just shocking. I got to know him in my last job a bit working on campus. Insightful guy, always really polite. So sad that someone so young is gone. RIP Gary.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Shocking.

I enjoyed watching Gary play and loved him being a Golden Gopher. His family and friends are in my prayers.

Top Bottom