Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 935
  1. #1

    Default 2012 Minnesota Twins Season thread

    With tomorrow being the final spring game, it againist There double A team. We start this thread. Season open Friday in Baltimore.
    Last edited by gophersfan; 04-03-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    go Twins & Gophers go.


  2. #2

    Default

    I am excited to see what a healthy M&M duo can do again...it's been a while since both were healthy for a long stretch at the same time.

    Though I can't recall a Twins starting rotation as unimpressive on paper as the one we'll take into Baltimore.

    Win Twins!!

  3. Default

    Jason Marquis threw yesterday in a minor league intersquad game. Thankfully his 7 year old daughter is doing better. Phil Mackey reported in an article from yesterday that Jason cannot be placed on the bereavement list since he reported back yesterday. I'm guessing if he would have returned Friday he would have been able to be placed on it. Odd they didn't just tell him to stay there awhile longer. The most important issue is that his little girl is recovering and all the secondary baseball stuff will get sorted out one way or the other. The bereavement list may be used when a player finds it necessary to leave the team to attend to a serious illness or death in his (or his spouse's) immediate family. A player placed on the bereavement list must miss a minimum of three games and a maximum of seven games. The team can use another player from its 40-man roster to replace a player on the bereavement list.
    What's the word on Alexi?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Jason Marquis threw yesterday in a minor league intersquad game. Thankfully his 7 year old daughter is doing better. Phil Mackey reported in an article from yesterday that Jason cannot be placed on the bereavement list since he reported back yesterday. I'm guessing if he would have returned Friday he would have been able to be placed on it. Odd they didn't just tell him to stay there awhile longer. The most important issue is that his little girl is recovering and all the secondary baseball stuff will get sorted out one way or the other. The bereavement list may be used when a player finds it necessary to leave the team to attend to a serious illness or death in his (or his spouse's) immediate family. A player placed on the bereavement list must miss a minimum of three games and a maximum of seven games. The team can use another player from its 40-man roster to replace a player on the bereavement list.
    What's the word on Alexi?
    Always injured.

  5. Default

    Francona handling the Red Sox at Detroit Tigers game. Has to be a little humbling after the collapse last season.

  6. Default

    Here is the lineup the Twins will use against Orioles righthander Jake Arrieta on Friday (first pitch at 2:05 p.m., Central):

    1. Denard Span, CF
    2. Jamey Carroll, SS
    3. Joe Mauer, C
    4. Justin Morneau, DH
    5. Josh Willingham, LF
    6. Ryan Doumit, RF
    7. Danny Valencia, 3B
    8. Chris Parmelee, 1B
    9. Alexi Casilla, 2B

    Starting pitcher: RH Carl Pavano

    Baker left his start for the Class A Fort Myers Miracle after throwing just 11 pitches and recording one out and was seen talking to a trainer in the dugout, according to a tweet from Fort Myers News-Press reporter David Dorsey.

  7. #7

    Default

    31 of the first 42 games will tell us how the season goes. Tough schedule.

  8. Default

    Well, at least Willingham hit one out. No errors, but I thought Doumit should have caught the fly ball.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Well, at least Willingham hit one out. No errors, but I thought Doumit should have caught the fly ball.
    This pitching staff has to have outstanding fielding behind it and it still seems like there is going to be a couple of weak fielders out there somewhere in any game. Thank goodness we don't have to watch the Japanese phenom any more. I wonder if anyone besides Bill Smith paid for that one.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    This pitching staff has to have outstanding fielding behind it and it still seems like there is going to be a couple of weak fielders out there somewhere in any game. Thank goodness we don't have to watch the Japanese phenom any more. I wonder if anyone besides Bill Smith paid for that one.
    The interpreter might be a little pissed. Probably a cushier job when being performed in the majors. Looks like Gene Glynn is batting Nishioka #2 and playing him at 2B. Dozier is leading off and playing shortstop, Benson handles CF and hits 3rd. Red Wings start out 2-0 with a couple of wins over Bryce Harper's club, Syracuse.

  11. Default

    Sano breaks out of an 0-6 with a grand slam. He hits 4th and plays 3B for Beloit. http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb They don't mention it in the article, but he also fanned twice in the game.

  12. #12

    Default

    What bugs me is that the front office didnt need to pick up an upper quality pitcher. They think their pitching is good enough. They did pick up Marquis but he is not a front line pitcher unless he changes drasticallly. Four out of the five starters were on the disabled list last year and most pitched poorly. But no they save money and go with this pitching staff. These loyal fans deserve better.

  13. #13

    Default

    I'm waiting for this line-up:

    P Gibson
    C Mauer
    1B Parmalee
    2B Rossario
    3B Sano
    SS Dozier
    OF Benson
    OF Hicks
    OF Arcia
    DH Morneau

  14. Default

    1. Denard Span, CF
    2. Jamey Carroll, SS
    3. Joe Mauer, C
    4. Justin Morneau, DH
    5. Josh Willingham, LF
    6. Chris Parmelee, 1B
    7. Danny Valencia, 3B
    8. Ben Revere, RF
    9. Alexi Casilla, 2B

    Starting pitcher: LH Francisco Liriano

  15. #15

    Default

    Souhan cracks me up. This guy is so negative with anything non-Twins, but he has a close relationship with Terry Ryan and the guy can only gush about Ryan and the team. So much so that he is glowing after a triumphant "comeback" for the Twins yesterday losing 4-2 in the opener. I would have gotten as much out of a 4-2 win in the first game of the season as I would out of a 4-2 loss, yet Souhan oddly goes out of his way to show how positive the first game of the season was.

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/146494695.html

    Win Twins!!

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Souhan cracks me up. This guy is so negative with anything non-Twins, but he has a close relationship with Terry Ryan and the guy can only gush about Ryan and the team. So much so that he is glowing after a triumphant "comeback" for the Twins yesterday losing 4-2 in the opener. I would have gotten as much out of a 4-2 win in the first game of the season as I would out of a 4-2 loss, yet Souhan oddly goes out of his way to show how positive the first game of the season was.

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/146494695.html

    Win Twins!!
    I've read where Ryan is questioning Baker about the severity of his elbow. In Souhan's latest blog his writes 'Scott Baker, who had a chance to become the staff ace this year, is babying his elbow again, now looking for a second opinion.' I have no way of knowing one way or the other if he's 'babying' it. Souhan doesn't know either, but because Ryan said it.....
    Hendriks is ill with food poisoning.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Souhan cracks me up. This guy is so negative with anything non-Twins, but he has a close relationship with Terry Ryan and the guy can only gush about Ryan and the team. So much so that he is glowing after a triumphant "comeback" for the Twins yesterday losing 4-2 in the opener. I would have gotten as much out of a 4-2 win in the first game of the season as I would out of a 4-2 loss, yet Souhan oddly goes out of his way to show how positive the first game of the season was.

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/146494695.html

    Win Twins!!
    I wonder if the frickin" jerk is going to declare tonight a morale victory if it keeps going the same way. I know it's early but the god damn pitching and fielding on this team don't look to be a bit improved. Lariano is just a head case when something goes wrong. Second game of the year and I'm already fuming.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    I wonder if the frickin" jerk is going to declare tonight a morale victory if it keeps going the same way. I know it's early but the god damn pitching and fielding on this team don't look to be a bit improved. Lariano is just a head case when something goes wrong. Second game of the year and I'm already fuming.
    Just relax. The Twins never play well against the AL East.

  19. #19

    Default

    If Tony LaPanta's toupee is any indicator, its going to be a long year. Its hard to believe it could get worse, but it has.

  20. #20

    Default

    @AaronGleeman Dating back to the final 10 games of the 2010 regular season the Twins are now 65-112. Seriously.

    Win Twins!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  










Get Adobe Flash player