Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. Default BIG 10/ACC Challenge Who do the Gophs get? What are the Battle for Atlantis brackets?

    This is my first post. I have been a long time reader.

    I think Maryland.

    Louisville
    UNI

    Memphis
    Minnesota

    Missouri
    VCU

    Duke
    Stanford

    These are my guesses.


  2. #2

    Default

    I'm not so positive that there will be a BT/ACC Challenge. Now that we have the new deal with the Pac 12, that could replace the ACC Challenge. I'm not sure how quickly that deal with the P12 goes into effect, but once it does I can't see the ACC Challenge continuing.

    Go Gophers!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    6,685

    Default

    To be fair, Delaney has said that the B1G-ACC challenge will not be affected by the new collaboration with the Pac 12. Now, he might be playing coy but I think it will be here for at least a few more years (maybe until Syracuse and Pitt join in 2014?)
    Last edited by Gopher07; 04-02-2012 at 07:12 PM.

  4. Default

    It's all about the Benjamins. If ESPN or someone else will pay $$$ for national TV broadcast, the schools will continue to play the games.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    I'm not so positive that there will be a BT/ACC Challenge. Now that we have the new deal with the Pac 12, that could replace the ACC Challenge. I'm not sure how quickly that deal with the P12 goes into effect, but once it does I can't see the ACC Challenge continuing.

    Go Gophers!!
    There will definitely be a Big Ten/ACC Challenge in the near term. Delaney is on record saying the contract between the Big Ten and ACC runs at least another five years.

  6. #6

    Default

    Welcome SD Goph! Don't be afraid to post more often.

    I would love for the challenge to rotate every year between the six big conferences.

    I would also love to play Duke in the Atlantis championship and beat the s**t out of them.

  7. #7

    Default

    So the Big Ten/ACC challenge and Big Ten/Pac-12 agreement and Battle 4 Atlants and Maui next year?!?! The schedule is looking good for the next couple years.

  8. Default

    Check back in September.

    And no, Pac12 and Maui are not next year.

  9. #9

    Default

    I believe we have the return game at USC this next year, and assuming the ACC Challenge is still happening we'll likely play on the road there...throw in three neutral games in the Bahamas and we could have 4/5 road/neutral games against schools from the big six conferences.

    Go Gophers!!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From the Barn View Post
    Check back in September.

    And no, Pac12 and Maui are not next year.
    If not Maui, aren't we in a quality tournament next year? Or am I making stuff up?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattw1067

    If not Maui, aren't we in a quality tournament next year? Or am I making stuff up?
    Next year is Atlantis in the Bahamas, the following year is Maui.


  12. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher in Texas View Post
    Wow...the team who wins that tournament will have to be quite good.

  13. #14

    Default

    I would love to see Tubby get another non-conference W over Louisville. That tournament is going to be pretty epic.

  14. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    I believe we have the return game at USC this next year, and assuming the ACC Challenge is still happening we'll likely play on the road there...throw in three neutral games in the Bahamas and we could have 4/5 road/neutral games against schools from the big six conferences.

    Go Gophers!!
    I remember reading that the USC game was NOT a Home-Home. Not positive, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •