Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

2nd deck starts with row 2? is there no row 1 or are they unavailable? those section 219 seats look pretty good!
    3hr, 58 min, 16 seconds left til I pick
    Minnesconsin fan:

Remember Sec 219 has the radio crew sitting in front of row 2. Maybe too late to do you any good but just thought I would point that out. Sec 208 has some great front row (row 1) seats left.

Quote Originally Posted by sec105 View Post
    I am amazed that people would rather sit in row 23 in section 106 or 116 rather than down ten rows in 105 or 117 (second half Gopher end). The action is never ever right in front of you in the center sections. In 105 or 117 the Gopher action is right in front of you when the game is on the line. I suspect a lot of those 106 and 116 seats are corporate seats that the Corporation had the ticket office pick for them. "We want to be Center Court".

The reason people pick the center section is that they have visiblity to the full court. You may have a better view of the action in front of you, but a lesser view when the ball is at the other end of the court. The other advantage is you don't have to look through people going up and down the aisles. No big deal, but I thought I would share another perspective. There certainly are advantages to sitting close to the floor.

I select on the 30th. Does anybody know if there is any selections on Monday, Memorial Day? I would doubt it because I wouldn't think the ticket office would be open. Does anyone have any inside info? Trying to calculate how many more selections ahead of me.

The reason people pick the center section is that they have visiblity to the full court. You may have a better view of the action in front of you, but a lesser view when the ball is at the other end of the court. The other advantage is you don't have to look through people going up and down the aisles. No big deal, but I thought I would share another perspective. There certainly are advantages to sitting close to the floor.
    Very valid points. And I would say a large number of people feel the same way judging by how quickly all the seats in sections 106 and 116 were taken. Absolutely people in the isles can be a real pain. I sat in row 20 sec 116 a few times...they are great seats. I would prefer being in row 12 in sections 105 or 117 to row 23 in 116 if that was my option however... JMO.

Just wish I had the problem of deciding. The middle sections were all gone when I picked except for row 23. That's why I commented.

Minnesconsin fan:

Remember Sec 219 has the radio crew sitting in front of row 2. Maybe too late to do you any good but just thought I would point that out. Sec 208 has some great front row (row 1) seats left.

thanks for the info-- they have a panel up on the left side of the view from 219-- maybe that is to simulate the radio crew blocking the view. I decided being closer to Drew's popcorn was more important anyway. Ended up in 117 row 18 about in the middle of the row. My 7 year old will miss dancing in the aisle during timeouts like she did when we had aisle seats but I won't miss standing up every time someone wants to get past.

I had a little glitch choosing my parking pass- I chose one lot, then realized it was that ramp that I didn't want to be in so I deleted it but the system wouldn't let me add the parking after that. So I called and the guy in the ticket office had to finish the order for me. Pretty slick process, all in all.

As of 11 this morning now down to 261 of my initial 431 preferred seats (ones I guessed might be available at my selection time). Select one week from today.

Am growing more confident I'll get something acceptable. Hoping the current selection trend continues. ... the two or three sections I prefer, for the most part, aren't getting much activity.

Ended up in 117 row 18 about in the middle of the row.
    My personal opinion is that those are the best seats in the house. High enough to see the other end clearly with out the low angle distortion and away from the aisle so the late comers don't bother you walking up and down the asile. And best of all the Gophers are right in front of you at crunch time.

We are now fellow Sec 117er's.

There are no assigned selections on Monday, but the office will be open

Thanks Goldy...I can breathe a bit easier...

SS...Would be interesting to compare lists...the options change daily...don't check as often lately - a bit depressing if you constantly monitor it.

Quote Originally Posted by row19gopher View Post
    SS...Would be interesting to compare lists...the options change daily...don't check as often lately - a bit depressing if you constantly monitor it.
    Agreed. Some days it's been depressing, other glimpses have offered hope. Currently encouraged. If I can get through Friday without my list being chopped too much. ...

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Agreed. Some days it's been depressing, other glimpses have offered hope. Currently encouraged. If I can get through Friday without my list being chopped too much. ...
    I called to confirm - No scheduled selections will take place on Monday. However; 1 correction, The Ticket Office & The Gopher Points Office will be closed on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by whatupgoldy View Post
    I called to confirm - No scheduled selections will take place on Monday. However; 1 correction, The Ticket Office & The Gopher Points Office will be closed on Monday.
    Question: I can pick tomorrow but we are in a group with 4 other people who pick in the next week. If we pick earlier and our friends cannot locate next to us am I allowed to drop my earlier selections and relocate?

My personal opinion is that those are the best seats in the house. High enough to see the other end clearly with out the low angle distortion and away from the aisle so the late comers don't bother you walking up and down the asile. And best of all the Gophers are right in front of you at crunch time.

NICE!!! are we changing our Gopherhole names?

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Question: I can pick tomorrow but we are in a group with 4 other people who pick in the next week. If we pick earlier and our friends cannot locate next to us am I allowed to drop my earlier selections and relocate?
    I highly doubt it. We are in a similar situation, with a group of six and staggered pick dates. The rules were clear. If you want to be together, you pick at the latest date in the group. We had one in our group who could have picked the first week, but we will all be choosing June 5.

Finally less than a week away from my selection date. Now down to 174 of my initial 431 preferred seats. Still some decent ones to choose from, including some pretty decent $250s.

SelectionSunday you have more courage than I did. I had to stop looking because every time my new favorite seats got plucked away I died a little inside. The low point was when the seats we had for years were selected three days before our selection date. I refused to look any more after that until the morning of our day.

I find this whole process fascinating. It is fun to watch what seats go before others and how everybody has different ideas as to the best place to sit.

Bottom line is most all the premium seats are decent or else they wouldn't be premium seats.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

I think we'll be all right SS. Have a good weekend.

173 of my initial 431 seats still available with just over 48 hours until selection, though 32 of those seats require a donation amount ($250) I'd prefer to avoid. Overall, I remain pleasantly surprised with what's remaining.
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 05-29-2012 at 09:48 AM.

19. Default

I picked on the 25th and chose Sec. 117 middle of row 19 with some concern whether the location warranted the donation amount... The comments have eased my concerns. Thanks...
    Last edited by BBEERMAN; 05-29-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Default 117

Good choice BM. I choose tomorrow, 2 less seats in 117.