All Things New Williams Arena Ticket Program - Seat Selection Guide, Dates, Results

The bench "end-zone" seats at Williams are priced at two levels - $532 for rows 5 thru 10, and $380 for rows 11 and up. I see a few instances on the seating map in which people have chosen seats in row 10 when they could have saved $152/seat by moving back one row. Somewhat interesting (or not!)

It was something my group talked about. Our current seats were two rows below the price break row and we could have saved money by going two rows up. Someone mentioned that the benches get more steep as you go up and could more difficult on backs than a few rows lower. Between that and getting stuck in the middle of visiting fans, we decided against it, and will pony up the "donation" to get chairbacks. What a lot of people don't realize is that end zone seats are not bad. practically no obstructions, and with the Barn's intimacy, you are not that far away from the court. I was very okay with them for almost 20 years. The comfort of chairback is getting more attractive at my age, though.

I agree that the current FB re-seat process is highly unfair. If you miss a call and get back in 24 hours, there's nothing better available.
Unlikely. An 89% renewal rate plus the fact that not everyone attempts to upgrade means there are plenty of options available. Whether they meet your personal criteria of better is an open question. But that would have been true whether or not you were able to take the call when it came in.

Done. Our group of five signed on the dotted line and clicked the mouse today. We are in rows 2 and 3 of section 217 for $250, right next to the $400 seats. Decent view from the corner abover the band. We were glad to have options at this late date with a relatively large group. Taking a walk through the arena this morning sealed the deal. $100 options had minimal obstruction of the baseline and tipped the scales for us. We believe we may have gotten the best $250 seats in the house, that coming from someone who did not want to be underneath a deck.

Have no desire to this again any time soon.

and so begins the great lower part of upper deck or upper part of lower deck debate, at least in my head.

Done. Our group of five signed on the dotted line and clicked the mouse today. We are in rows 2 and 3 of section 217 for $250, right next to the $400 seats. Decent view from the corner abover the band. We were glad to have options at this late date with a relatively large group. Taking a walk through the arena this morning sealed the deal. $100 options had minimal obstruction of the baseline and tipped the scales for us. We believe we may have gotten the best $250 seats in the house, that coming from someone who did not want to be underneath a deck.

We almost chose that section this afternoon, but opted for 209 which is essentially the same on the other side. Aisle seats as my son requires frequent trips to concessions and bathroom.. and we must leave early during school nights. I'm excited. This process enabled me to move to vastly improved seats.

Holy Man - we were in Section 217 Row 2 since 2004 and loved the seats and I think you will too. It's a fantastic view, and I'm a big fan of the second row viewpoint. We moved to the first row of the second deck behind the Gopher bench.

Go Gophers!!

Holy Man - we were in Section 217 Row 2 since 2004 and loved the seats and I think you will too. It's a fantastic view, and I'm a big fan of the second row viewpoint. We moved to the first row of the second deck behind the Gopher bench.

Go Gophers!!

Good to hear from people who have been in the seats before that they will be good. We are pleased to have a nice view of the court and to get a better sense of the band and student section. In 212, we were above that section and could not always see or hear what was going on.

We passed on our seats this year. Just got a phone call from the ticket office asking us why we did not renew. At least they are on top of it and are call last year season ticket holders that did not renew.

We selected our seats - which we have had for the last few years, and I would say a couple of the best seats available w/o paying any extra fee. As GL and I called them - the CheapSuites. We are happy to have our seats w/o paying extra fees. My biggest concern was that people who didn't want to pony up would figure out what good seats they were. Whew!!!
Bleed - we'll be signaling you across the gopher end zone!

The end result was good

For all the handwringing about the re-seating, in the end I'm pleased with how things turned out. I feel like I have better seats for 2012-13, and unless the Gophers play less than the budgeted 20 home games (including exhibitions) my average ticket price will be slightly less per game.

I moved from (what in 2012-13 will be) crappy $250 donation seats in Section 210 to non-donation seats right behind the basket in Section 101. There's a reason the chairback seats in Section 210 are not selling. ... they're nowhere near worth an extra $250 per pop.

2011-12 Ticket
$660 for a season ticket/21 games (including exhibitions) = $31.43 per game

2012-13 Ticket
$627 (non-donation) for a season ticket/20 games (including exhibitions) = $31.35 per game

The caveat is, including exhibitions the Gophers may end up having only 18 or 19 home games this coming season, so if that's the case season-ticket holders will be offered a refund for the difference. But even so, if there are only 18 or 19 home games, I can live with the average ticket price increase. Quite frankly, the U hasn't raised season-ticket prices much over the last few seasons.

If 19 Home Games (and you let U keep full payment & put extra $$ toward something else)
$627/19 games = $33 per game

If 18 Home Games (and you let U keep full payment & put extra $$ toward something else)
$627/18 games = $34.83 per game

Selection, there were a lot of $250 seats that were pretty crappy. We looked at some of them on the first deck that were obstructed. I could not believe they had those for $250. We looked at 101 as well, but were concerned about the basket obstruction. Did you avoid that in your seats? In the end, it worked out for us in the long run. We are getting older and needed the chairbacks and with a group of five seats, we were never going to get them in the normal transitions from year to year. We upgraded seats, but they weren't given to us. I do wish some of that premium was going to the practice facility, though.

Holy Man, yes, I'll be obstructed slightly by the basket when there's a play on the opposite end of the court and across (usually a 3-point attempt), but it's no major nuisance. Being pretty close to the court more than makes up for it.

SelectionSunday said:
For all the handwringing about the re-seating, in the end I'm pleased with how things turned out. I feel like I have better seats for 2012-13, and unless the Gophers play less than the budgeted 20 home games (including exhibitions) my average ticket price will be slightly less per game.

I moved from (what in 2012-13 will be) crappy $250 donation seats in Section 210 to non-donation seats right behind the basket in Section 101. There's a reason the chairback seats in Section 210 are not selling. ... they're nowhere near worth an extra $250 per pop.

2011-12 Ticket
$660 for a season ticket/21 games (including exhibitions) = $31.43 per game

2012-13 Ticket
$627 (non-donation) for a season ticket/20 games (including exhibitions) = $31.35 per game

The caveat is, including exhibitions the Gophers may end up having only 18 or 19 home games this coming season, so if that's the case season-ticket holders will be offered a refund for the difference. But even so, if there are only 18 or 19 home games, I can live with the average ticket price increase. Quite frankly, the U hasn't raised season-ticket prices much over the last few seasons.

If 19 Home Games (and you let U keep full payment & put extra $$ toward something else)
$627/19 games = $33 per game

If 18 Home Games (and you let U keep full payment & put extra $$ toward something else)
$627/18 games = $34.83 per game

Ended up with section 221 row 5 seats 4 and 5. The chair back was VERY important for us (not to offend anyone, but had bench seats last season and couldn't use them due to the size of our row mates who always made it there earlier. Had to sit about 5 rows back where u cant see the score board or stand.), but anyways, in your opinion are these a part of the "crappy donation seats"? And did you just not see them as worth $250 or are they bad seats? Appreciate any insight from people!

My chairback seats in 210 (row 2) last year were OK but now knowing they're $250 donation seats, there's no way I would have paid an extra $500 for a pair of 'em this season. In my estimation those corner-type upper-deckers (with chairbacks) should have had received the $100 donation tag.

Ended up with section 221 row 5 seats 4 and 5. The chair back was VERY important for us (not to offend anyone, but had bench seats last season and couldn't use them due to the size of our row mates who always made it there earlier. Had to sit about 5 rows back where u cant see the score board or stand.), but anyways, in your opinion are these a part of the "crappy donation seats"? And did you just not see them as worth $250 or are they bad seats? Appreciate any insight from people!

You should be okay. We looked at 221 as well and decided we preferred 217 because we would be slightly closer to the court. From the straight view, we are just inside the baseline on end the Gophers shoot at in the first half. You may be slightly behind the baseline on the other end, but not bad. I think the seats Selection was talking about are one section out from where we are, which would not be on or near the baselines, and I would agree are not worth $250. I think the 221 and 217 seats are worth it. I have been sitting in the upper deck for so long, I almost prefer it, especially with the chairbacks. The intimacy of the Barn is helpful in making the upper deck seats decent. If it were a modern bowl style arena, I would stay home and watch on TV before being in the upper deck, but where you and our group are will be good in the Barn.

Anyone know what will happen as the seat selection process wraps up with respect to unsold seats? Specifically, wondering if season ticket holders will get first crack at buying up additional seats, if desired. There are a bunch of $380/season seats ("Zone 6", no donation)... doesn't this represent a large decrease from what they were priced at in the past? I renewed and barely moved (up three rows) in my $400 donation section, but I'd almost think about buying some $380 spots just for kicks and to give away.

Seat selection appears to be done - can no longer view the seating map.

Go Gophers!!

For BleedGopher or anyone else. I just picked up tickets in 206 row 1. Curious if anyone with tickets in this location has pics from a game they could send or post or any comments on the view. Had a choice between these and 107 row 19 and went with first row upper deck. Thanks

Top Bottom