All Things New Williams Arena Ticket Program - Seat Selection Guide, Dates, Results

SS What day do you select? Sounds like you must be very close to me - May 30?

I'm May 31. Still lots of good seats left, but with each day I'm having to cross off my list quite a few of the ones I've been eyeballing.

This process is fascinating to me.

Here's what disappeared on the lower level in the first hour this morning...approximately 36 seats:
101 ($0): -
102 ($100): -
103 ($250): -
104 ($250): -
105 ($400): 4 seats in row 6, 6 in row 8, 4 in row 9, 2 in row 11
106 ($400): 2 in row 18
107 ($400): 4 in row 3
108 ($250): -
114 ($250): -
115 ($400): 2 in row 10
116 ($400): 6 in row 18
117 ($400): -
118 ($250): 4 in row 8
119 ($250): -
120 ($100): 2 in row 6

It is fun watching the process. I too would like to hold the donation down to $250, but like football a few years ago, if the right thing is available for $400, I'll figure out a way to justify it. I know a lot of people don't like having to donate, but it is the cost of doing business with the big boys (BIG 10) & D1 athletics these days and hopefully being competitive.

Think it's about time to take a quick jaunt to Williams Arena. It helps to sit in the seats, check out the view.

The quick jaunt to Williams is a good idea, unfortunately not an option for me. While there I would check the legroom as much as the drip line. My last years seats were tight for even a shorter person and I was in the middle of a section...

I'm May 31. Still lots of good seats left, but with each day I'm having to cross off my list quite a few of the ones I've been eyeballing.

This happened to me plenty during the FB selection process. I have been all over the (seating) map as far as my strategy for BB tix. I pick the day before you - I hope I don't screw your selection up . . .

+1 Its like the Godfather walked into the room and nobody noticed. Kids today..

Nadine tried to convince me that "Junior Member" was the most prestigious title here...guess I need to start posting more.

please do some drip line experiments when there.

Just did a half circle around the arena, and it looks like rows 15 & 16 in the lower deck are drip-line territory. If somebody in the upper deck is really talented at spilling stuff, maybe even row 14.

3 hours in to today, about 156 seats gone from the morning:
101 - 2 seats gone
102 - 5
103 - 4
104 - 0
105 - 40
106 - 6
107 - 20
108 - 3
114 - 4
115 - 16
116 - 14
117 - 32
118 - 10
119 - 0
120 - 8

Drip Line

Curious about the dreaded "Drip Line" is it exclusively beverage spills or when it gets really snowy outside does melted grey snow from boots and shoes become an issue?

Curious about the dreaded "Drip Line" is it exclusively beverage spills or when it gets really snowy outside does melted grey snow from boots and shoes become an issue?

my experience is that it is usually footwear related. Rarely sticky soda. And it is preventable if the upper deck drippers would be considerate. I never noticed it at all 2 years ago but this past year it was pretty consistent the last half of the year.

I was only ever hit by what seemed to be random melted snow drips as opposed to anything large like a beverage spill. I think it was only a handful of times a season though - nothing too significant.

For the first time am getting discouraged. A lot of the seats in the 2 or 3 sections I prefer are going by the wayside.

Do they have selections on Saturday or Sunday?

I imagine selection time overlaps directly with ticket office hours. They need to have people available to handle in-person renewals, password resets, etc.

Two hours until I pick and I'm happy with the options available. Can't ask for more than that.

So I just inherited tickets to about 3-6 games, and their selection is in 15 minutes. I've always sat in the student section or the nose bleeds, so I've never experienced the great seats. Right now we are debating about mid-court, first row of the upper deck or right behind the benches. What are your thoughts GH? What's the best seat available right now?

Of those 2?

Better feel for size & speed of the athletes/game? Lower deck behind the team benches.

Better view and convenience (no row in front of you, can lean forward)? I don't think there's a better seat in the house than mid-court Row 1 in Sections 207 & 219. I can offer up that opinion because I know none of these seats will be available when I select.:)

We just picked 1st row 207. It was either that or first row 105 behind the bench. Having kids in mind, we chose the 207 for the unobstructed view. Hope we chose wisely!

I don't have the balls to pick 1st row upper deck. Cool view of the game up there.

He said he grabbed the last 2 consecutive seats in the first row 207. Who knows, I'm glad I only had about 10 minutes to think about it otherwise I would have been obsessed with that selection.

Top Bottom