All Things New Williams Arena Ticket Program - Seat Selection Guide, Dates, Results

Pretty happy.

Got section 114, row 5, seats 4-5-6. I had my eye on 6-7-8 (8 is on the aisle), but the person who was released into the system at the same time as me nabbed 7 & 8. They were still green when I clicked on them!

Oh well. We improved within the same section. We moved down 3 rows and over 4 seats. Looking right down the baseline at the visitor bench. Can still heckle Maxey. Better view of the cheerleaders. Better view of The Barnyard[SUP]TM[/SUP]. Can't be too upset with that.

Did you get an immediate email confirming selection of your seats, as well as a due date for the bill? I think they said we'd have about 30 business days to make the payment?

Printed the confirm page. Dunno about email yet. You actually can't pay until the biz after after your selection. Don't remember what deadline is.

You did well, and not the $400 donation...Have been watching this play out daily. I could easily end up with a lesser seat + $400 on the 30th.

This really did not play out at all like I thought it would. Of course, my belief was based on what I observed with the football reseating.

Am doing an experiment from here on out (eyeing 431 seats)

I select on May 31. As of a few minutes ago, checking the seat selection site I "narrowed down" the list of seats I'd find acceptable & worth the given price. My list covers 431 seats (all chairbacks), 46 row/seat combinations, 11 sections (both upper & lower deck), and 3 levels of seating (mostly non-donation & $100's, with a few $250's sprinkled in).

Will be very curious to see how many of those 431 seats (if any) will be available when it's my turn to select. Am crossing my fingers that a Plan B won't be necessary. Here's hoping by the end of today my "cheat sheet" hasn't dropped under 400 seats.

UPDATE: Zoiks! Just an hour later I'm already down to 389.

Is it still assumed there will be 16 or 17 home games this year?

Did you get an immediate email confirming selection of your seats, as well as a due date for the bill? I think they said we'd have about 30 business days to make the payment?

We got an immediate email that included instructions for payment. The payment deadline is 3 weeks after your selection date.

That's what some of us expect. The U may be charging for 18 + 2 exh up front, though.. Perhaps someone can confirm a $627 + $400 invoice received?

Received an email invoice for $627 plus $400 per ticket (and $20 handling fee) about five days after seat selection date.

Any inside info on how the ticket office feels the renewal process is going?

From reviewing the website over the weekend it appeared to me that many of the people renewing are opting for the "best" seats without much regard for the donation requirements. Anyone have connections to the ticket office and know how many accounts have had the opportunity to select seats, but haven't yet done so? I will be interested to see what the non-renewal rate ends up being, especially among those who have a long history of buying tickets, but little or no history of making donations.

My selection date is still 10 days away, so I am anxious to see what happens over the next several days.

Just picked. Relieved. Got virtually the same seats we had for the past umpteen years except on the other side of the Arena. Was really worried we would end up with worse seats than before for the same dollars.

I see the second deck front row is still wide open. Those are great seats. I sat there one game when we won tickets at a fund raiser. A different perspective but a great overview.

I am amazed that people would rather sit in row 23 in section 106 or 116 rather than down ten rows in 105 or 117 (second half Gopher end). The action is never ever right in front of you in the center sections. In 105 or 117 the Gopher action is right in front of you when the game is on the line. I suspect a lot of those 106 and 116 seats are corporate seats that the Corporation had the ticket office pick for them. "We want to be Center Court".

Anyway I am very happy this ticket process is over. Now all we have to do is pay for them.

We just selected - very happy with the results. We really enjoy the view from the second deck, love watching the plays develop and we were able to get closer to the center court and moved from the second row to the first row in the second deck and were able to get tickets next to my parents.

Go Gophers!!

Some signs of hope. 297 of my initial 431 preferred seats (ones I guessed might be available at my selection time) still available with a little over a week to go. Until then hoping hoping a lot of people pass on their selection time.

Some signs of hope. 297 of my initial 431 preferred seats (ones I guessed might be available at my selection time) still available with a little over a week to go. Until then hoping hoping a lot of people pass on their selection time.

I feel for ya, SS. You're really punishing yourself by looking so early and often... I've got a buddy who can select later today and his past week has been consumed by looking at the available seats and pondering various scenarios.

Has anyone who has sat in rows 2 or 3 (lower level) got any thoughts? I suppose it's a decision of whether you want to give some of the ability to see the spacing and play development in exchange for being close to the action, including players, coaches, refs, etc. If given the choice of lower level row 2, lower level row 15, upper deck row 1.. I'm still not sure which I'd go for.

I definitely want the next week to go quickly, GW. It does get frustrating watching possible seats go by the wayside. The one thing I am now confident of is that I'll get decent chairback seats. Maybe not as good as I was hoping, but plenty sufficient.

We just selected - very happy with the results. We really enjoy the view from the second deck, love watching the plays develop and we were able to get closer to the center court and moved from the second row to the first row in the second deck and were able to get tickets next to my parents.

Go Gophers!!

2nd deck starts with row 2? is there no row 1 or are they unavailable? those section 219 seats look pretty good!
3hr, 58 min, 16 seconds left til I pick

2nd deck starts with row 2? is there no row 1 or are they unavailable? those section 219 seats look pretty good!
3hr, 58 min, 16 seconds left til I pick

Minnesconsin fan:

Remember Sec 219 has the radio crew sitting in front of row 2. Maybe too late to do you any good but just thought I would point that out. Sec 208 has some great front row (row 1) seats left.

I am amazed that people would rather sit in row 23 in section 106 or 116 rather than down ten rows in 105 or 117 (second half Gopher end). The action is never ever right in front of you in the center sections. In 105 or 117 the Gopher action is right in front of you when the game is on the line. I suspect a lot of those 106 and 116 seats are corporate seats that the Corporation had the ticket office pick for them. "We want to be Center Court".

The reason people pick the center section is that they have visiblity to the full court. You may have a better view of the action in front of you, but a lesser view when the ball is at the other end of the court. The other advantage is you don't have to look through people going up and down the aisles. No big deal, but I thought I would share another perspective. There certainly are advantages to sitting close to the floor.

I select on the 30th. Does anybody know if there is any selections on Monday, Memorial Day? I would doubt it because I wouldn't think the ticket office would be open. Does anyone have any inside info? Trying to calculate how many more selections ahead of me.

The reason people pick the center section is that they have visiblity to the full court. You may have a better view of the action in front of you, but a lesser view when the ball is at the other end of the court. The other advantage is you don't have to look through people going up and down the aisles. No big deal, but I thought I would share another perspective. There certainly are advantages to sitting close to the floor.

Very valid points. And I would say a large number of people feel the same way judging by how quickly all the seats in sections 106 and 116 were taken. Absolutely people in the isles can be a real pain. I sat in row 20 sec 116 a few times...they are great seats. I would prefer being in row 12 in sections 105 or 117 to row 23 in 116 if that was my option however... JMO.

Just wish I had the problem of deciding. The middle sections were all gone when I picked except for row 23. That's why I commented.

Minnesconsin fan:

Remember Sec 219 has the radio crew sitting in front of row 2. Maybe too late to do you any good but just thought I would point that out. Sec 208 has some great front row (row 1) seats left.

thanks for the info-- they have a panel up on the left side of the view from 219-- maybe that is to simulate the radio crew blocking the view. I decided being closer to Drew's popcorn was more important anyway. Ended up in 117 row 18 about in the middle of the row. My 7 year old will miss dancing in the aisle during timeouts like she did when we had aisle seats but I won't miss standing up every time someone wants to get past.

I had a little glitch choosing my parking pass- I chose one lot, then realized it was that ramp that I didn't want to be in so I deleted it but the system wouldn't let me add the parking after that. So I called and the guy in the ticket office had to finish the order for me. Pretty slick process, all in all.

As of 11 this morning now down to 261 of my initial 431 preferred seats (ones I guessed might be available at my selection time). Select one week from today.

Am growing more confident I'll get something acceptable. Hoping the current selection trend continues. ... the two or three sections I prefer, for the most part, aren't getting much activity.

Ended up in 117 row 18 about in the middle of the row.

My personal opinion is that those are the best seats in the house. High enough to see the other end clearly with out the low angle distortion and away from the aisle so the late comers don't bother you walking up and down the asile. And best of all the Gophers are right in front of you at crunch time.

We are now fellow Sec 117er's.

There are no assigned selections on Monday, but the office will be open

Thanks Goldy...I can breathe a bit easier...

SS...Would be interesting to compare lists...the options change daily...don't check as often lately - a bit depressing if you constantly monitor it.

SS...Would be interesting to compare lists...the options change daily...don't check as often lately - a bit depressing if you constantly monitor it.

Agreed. Some days it's been depressing, other glimpses have offered hope. Currently encouraged. If I can get through Friday without my list being chopped too much. ...

Top Bottom