All Things New Williams Arena Ticket Program - Seat Selection Guide, Dates, Results

Agreed. Some days it's been depressing, other glimpses have offered hope. Currently encouraged. If I can get through Friday without my list being chopped too much. ...
I called to confirm - No scheduled selections will take place on Monday. However; 1 correction, The Ticket Office & The Gopher Points Office will be closed on Monday.

I called to confirm - No scheduled selections will take place on Monday. However; 1 correction, The Ticket Office & The Gopher Points Office will be closed on Monday.

Question: I can pick tomorrow but we are in a group with 4 other people who pick in the next week. If we pick earlier and our friends cannot locate next to us am I allowed to drop my earlier selections and relocate?

My personal opinion is that those are the best seats in the house. High enough to see the other end clearly with out the low angle distortion and away from the aisle so the late comers don't bother you walking up and down the asile. And best of all the Gophers are right in front of you at crunch time.

We are now fellow Sec 117er's.

NICE!!! are we changing our Gopherhole names?

Question: I can pick tomorrow but we are in a group with 4 other people who pick in the next week. If we pick earlier and our friends cannot locate next to us am I allowed to drop my earlier selections and relocate?

I highly doubt it. We are in a similar situation, with a group of six and staggered pick dates. The rules were clear. If you want to be together, you pick at the latest date in the group. We had one in our group who could have picked the first week, but we will all be choosing June 5.

Finally less than a week away from my selection date. Now down to 174 of my initial 431 preferred seats. Still some decent ones to choose from, including some pretty decent $250s.

SelectionSunday you have more courage than I did. I had to stop looking because every time my new favorite seats got plucked away I died a little inside. The low point was when the seats we had for years were selected three days before our selection date. I refused to look any more after that until the morning of our day.

I find this whole process fascinating. It is fun to watch what seats go before others and how everybody has different ideas as to the best place to sit.

Bottom line is most all the premium seats are decent or else they wouldn't be premium seats.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

173 of my initial 431 seats still available with just over 48 hours until selection, though 32 of those seats require a donation amount ($250) I'd prefer to avoid. Overall, I remain pleasantly surprised with what's remaining.

My personal opinion is that those are the best seats in the house. High enough to see the other end clearly with out the low angle distortion and away from the aisle so the late comers don't bother you walking up and down the asile. And best of all the Gophers are right in front of you at crunch time.

We are now fellow Sec 117er's.

I picked on the 25th and chose Sec. 117 middle of row 19 with some concern whether the location warranted the donation amount... The comments have eased my concerns. Thanks...

Good choice BM. I choose tomorrow, 2 less seats in 117. :(

Good luck with seat selection SS, will let you know how I come out tomorrow. I'm leaning toward the $250 seats...

Good luck with seat selection SS, will let you know how I come out tomorrow. I'm leaning toward the $250 seats...

Thanks, and good luck to you, too.

I'm down to 65 seats with a little more than 24 hours to go. Of those 65, pretty much have it narrowed down to 10-20 that I'd really prefer. Hoping those don't disappear.

Thanks, and good luck to you, too.

I'm down to 65 seats with a little more than 24 hours to go. Of those 65, pretty much have it narrowed down to 10-20 that I'd really prefer. Hoping those don't disappear.

No need to reveal trade secrets, Hodger, but what vacinity are you looking at and how many tickets will you be buying? Our group is up next Tuesday and we are still pleased about our options, preferring the $100 but willing to go with $250 if we need to.

I perused avaialbility yesterday and saw a number of $400 singles in prime locations. Any ideas on what will happen to those?

Will be buying 2, Holy Man. Looking at a mix of $100s and a few $250s, primarily in the lower deck. Am relieved that there should be some decent chairbacks available when I select tomorrow.

Don't know about the $400s, but I know a friend of mine (who was 100% against the reseating process) selected pretty late in the process (last Friday), but he was very pleased with what he got. He thinks he actually got better $400 seats (lower row in Section 115) than what he had but is paying the same.

Are there still plenty of $100 seats left?

I'd rather not look at the actual seats left until I absolutely have to.

With less than 24 hours to go, 60 seats (covering 7 sections) of my original 431 are still available. Just a few more hours Thursday to sift through.

We ended up with Sec 104 R20 Seats 9&10. It was $250/seat, but in our top 10 list going into the day. We feel we are better off than last year in 120. Good luck tomorrow SS.

We ended up with Sec 104 R20 Seats 9&10. It was $250/seat, but in our top 10 list going into the day. We feel we are better off than last year in 120. Good luck tomorrow SS.

Glad it worked out. We'll have to call you "row20gopher" now.

Because I'm willing (though not preferred) to get my 2 seats as "1 in front of the other", am very pleased with the end result of my new seats. Got 2 in Section 101, Rows 10 and 11, with my seats one in front of the other. Close to the action & chairbacks, with the only inconvenience being the seats aren't side by side.

The seat selection process turned out for me like I thought it would (just fine), even though I selected pretty late in the process. That said, I'm glad it's done.

Congrats SS on your seats. My spouse would not have cared for the one in front of the other situation, but those should be good seats. I sat in that section a few years ago. The selection process was fun, but I'm also glad that it is over. Now...Let's start playing some games...

Does anyone know how it works for renewal next year? Is it essentially back to the old system? That is, a) keep your old seats or b) request an upgrade to the ether? Do points play a factor at all?

Does anyone know how it works for renewal next year? Is it essentially back to the old system? That is, a) keep your old seats or b) request an upgrade to the ether? Do points play a factor at all?

I don't believe points play a factor from here on out.

I don't believe points play a factor from here on out.

Other schools go through the reseating process periodically to ensure that the financial contributions continue. At the extreme, Mississippi State reseats its season ticket holders every year; I think Michigan State has decided on every 4 years. I don't recall seeing anything about future reseating in the Gopher Points literature but I wouldn't be surprised if we see that in the near future.

There is no plan to do anymore reseating. That could change. Your points come into play when you want to try and upgrade. The more points, the better chance of getting the upgrade you want. Also, when we went to Tampa for the FF in hockey. They ticket allotment from the NCAA to the U was not enough to handle all of the requests for ticket demand. Gopher points were used to determine who would get the tickets. I think they do the same thing for most road games.

There is no plan to do anymore reseating. That could change. Your points come into play when you want to try and upgrade. The more points, the better chance of getting the upgrade you want.

Thanks for the response. Do you work for the ticket office? Can you detail the process more completely? How does it work?

Thanks for the response. Do you work for the ticket office? Can you detail the process more completely? How does it work?

I would guess it will work the same as FB. This season for FB upgrades you were broken into "zones" based on your Gopher Points. Zone 1 folks got the first chance to upgrade, then Zone 2, and so on. They call you during a designated period to talk over what you were looking for.

I would guess it will work the same as FB. This season for FB upgrades you were broken into "zones" based on your Gopher Points. Zone 1 folks got the first chance to upgrade, then Zone 2, and so on. They call you during a designated period to talk over what you were looking for.

Thanks. So, on your renewal app, you checked "would like to upgrade," then were called subsequently? You always have the option to keep your seats, I assume, either at renewal or during the phone call, is this correct?

I mean, the only truly fair process (and extremely cumbersome) would be, everyone who checks "upgrade" is ranked via points. After renewal due date, call #1, if they remain the same, then call #2, 3, 4, 5.....256 - who switches seats. As soon as someone surrenders their seats, then it starts all over again calling #1 (because some new seats opened up due to #256 moving). IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, I GET THIS. Bottom line is that renewal movement probably will be similar to all other years. Except it sounds like folks are called in groups. Still sounds like an unfair mess to me.

I agree that the current FB re-seat process is highly unfair. If you miss a call and get back in 24 hours, there's nothing better available. A total reseat every 3 or 4 years is really necessary to be fair.

The bench "end-zone" seats at Williams are priced at two levels - $532 for rows 5 thru 10, and $380 for rows 11 and up. I see a few instances on the seating map in which people have chosen seats in row 10 when they could have saved $152/seat by moving back one row. Somewhat interesting (or not!)

Top Bottom