All Things New Williams Arena Ticket Program - Seat Selection Guide, Dates, Results

Thanks nooram. Looks like there is some new information in there. ... season ticket prices have been set (based on a 20-game home schedule). The prices actually aren't too bad.

Season Ticket Prices (includes the 2 exhibitions)
Non-donation seats = $627 ($33 per game)
$100 donation seats = $727 ($38 per game)
$250 donation seats = $877 ($46 per game)
$400 donation seats = $1,027 ($53 per game)

All things considered, looks like pretty fair pricing to me. For those fortunate enough to get the primest seats, I think $53 per game is more than reasonable.

A request for those selecting early in the process, ahead of me. Please be considerate and leave the $250 and $400 options available for those less fortunate and behind you in the selection process!

Thanks nooram. Looks like there is some new information in there. ... season ticket prices have been set (based on a 20-game home schedule). The prices actually aren't too bad.

Season Ticket Prices (includes the 2 exhibitions)
Non-donation seats = $627 ($33 per game)
$100 donation seats = $727 ($38 per game)
$250 donation seats = $877 ($46 per game)
$400 donation seats = $1,027 ($53 per game)

All things considered, looks like pretty fair pricing to me. For those fortunate enough to get the primest seats, I think $53 per game is more than reasonable.

A request for those selecting early in the process, ahead of me. Please be considerate and leave the $250 and $400 options available for those less fortunate and behind you in the selection process!

You should have told Andre Hollins and his mates not to play so well in the NIT and Trevor not to come back. I think people are feeling less considerate than a few weeks ago. :)

You should have told Andre Hollins and his mates not to play so well in the NIT and Trevor not to come back. I think people are feeling less considerate than a few weeks ago. :)

Amen.

Not really "in addition to". They are one and the same.

Or not . . .

Tiered Pricing and Donations

Base Season Ticket Prices:
Zone 1 - Zone 4 = $627
Zone 5 = $527
Zone 6 = $380

Donation Prices:
Zone 1 = $400
Zone 2 = $250
Zone 3 = $100
Zone 4 - Zone 6 = $0

Pricing Matrix
Ticket Price
Required Donation
Total
Zone 1
$627
$400
$1,027
Zone 2
$627
$250
$877
Zone 3
$627
$100
$727
Zone 4
$627
$0
$627
Zone 5
$432
$0
$432
Zone 6
$380
$0
$380

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Oh, for the upper deck bench end-zone seating...

I also see that section 112 is now labeled "Student Section" whereas this last season is was the "People Who Are Associated With The Program But Cheer Less Than The Old-Timers" section (PWAAWTPBCLTTOT).

Looks like PWAAWTPBCLTTOT is getting pushed back to section 113 and students are taking over 112. That's good to see. Students surrounding the band.

I have a late selection date and mine in June 5th. Guessing the first pick starts around the May 21st...??

I have a late selection date and mine in June 5th. Guessing the first pick starts around the May 21st...??

dlw. ... did you get your selection date in the mail, or did you see it in your online GopherPoints account? I went online and couldn't find mine. Thanks in advance.

I also see that section 112 is now labeled "Student Section" whereas this last season is was the "People Who Are Associated With The Program But Cheer Less Than The Old-Timers" section (PWAAWTPBCLTTOT).

Looks like PWAAWTPBCLTTOT is getting pushed back to section 113 and students are taking over 112. That's good to see. Students surrounding the band.

I like this. Now we gotta fill it up. I wonder if this will affect student pricing?

I like this. Now we gotta fill it up. I wonder if this will affect student pricing?

Well, considering supply is going up, they'd better lower the price to shift demand...

Econ 1101 - Wiley Hall - Spring '89

Mine came today as well. June 4th and I will be in California at a conference. I'll have to adjust for pacific time...

Just got mine. I'm 1,759 to pick and I'm on May 30th.

I called and asked when the Seat Selection tool will be available (supposed to be available in advance). They said they are trying to get the one for hockey up and running first, then they'll focus on basketball.

Got my selection time in the mail yesterday (Monday).

One additional nugget I learned is season-tickets will be due 21 business days from the day you select your seats. Looking forward to see what's available when my number is called.

SS - yes, there is a little line in the brochure that says if you don't pay within three weeks of your selection, you risk losing your location. If there are less desirable options available when you select, perhaps something will open up a few weeks later... never know. I wouldn't think there would be a ton of that, but I suppose some people could decide against buying tickets over the course of a few weeks after having selected good seats.. and then, poof.. those seats are again available. Might be worth a "hey, call me if this happens" talk with the ticket people.

But.. there is something here that doesn't feel right with some of the information in the brochure... don't want to jump the gun so I'll save it until I know more, but.. hopefully tomorrow.

OK, another topic - at some point.. maybe last year? Someone had posted ticket prices/required donations at other Big Ten schools.. there's an example in the Spring 2012 brochure that shows what the cost for a ticket 10 rows up at center court is at one school... but can anyone provide other examples from around the conference (i.e., cost for a "prime seat" 10 rows up at center court)?

Same date as me... I've budgeted for a donation in order to have a chance at seat improvement..now the question is.. how much? We'll see whats available. I'm confident that some donation seats will be around, enabling me to move up a bit.

But.. there is something here that doesn't feel right with some of the information in the brochure... don't want to jump the gun so I'll save it until I know more, but.. hopefully tomorrow.

Uh oh. Somewhere Joel Maturi is ignoring emails, setting aside his dog-eared, tear-stained copy of the Jimmy Williams deposition and frantically re-checking the brochure.

Finally got ours today (Northwest Suburbs)...we pick late in the day on May 21.

Go Gophers!!

Same-seats assurances?

I'm May 31.

I heard something interesting from a friend of mine whose family have been Golden Dunkers for a long time, going back to the early Clem era. Their current seats are in a $250-donation area, and I know their GopherPoints rank would put them well toward the top (top 10%?) for seat selection. He told me they requested the exact same seats for next season, and that the request was granted. My understanding was no one was assured of getting their same seats, no matter their ranking. I'm actually surprised they want the exact same seats because with their ranking they could get better seats, and pay less than what they've been paying all these years.

Has anyone else heard of folks being assured of getting their same seats? Or maybe I misunderstood and there are some (i.e. Dunkers and/or other pre-specified heavy-hitters) who are guaranteed their same seats, if requested?

I'm May 31.
My understanding was no one was assured of getting their same seats, no matter their ranking.

My understanding is that that's your understanding.

Golden Dunkers get preferred seating as part of their benefit.

Any idea how much Golden Dunkers runs?

Golden Dunkers get preferred seating as part of their benefit.

Any idea how much Golden Dunkers runs?

That makes sense, Dunkers should get first crack at seats. No idea what it costs to be a Dunker, but my friend's in-laws are loaded so it's probably a huge chunk of change, probably more than my yearly salary!

Well, I actually don't know how much it costs...but, it includes the following:

• Priority seating (subject to availability)
• Reserved parking (easy, convenient access to Williams Arena)
• Tickets to Annual Men's Basketball Banquet
• Member's Only “Coaches Corner” luncheons and dinner meetings with Coach Tubby Smith and his staff
• Members Only Pavilion Room availability before and after most Big Ten home games (includes pre-game meal)

OK, another topic - at some point.. maybe last year? Someone had posted ticket prices/required donations at other Big Ten schools.. there's an example in the Spring 2012 brochure that shows what the cost for a ticket 10 rows up at center court is at one school... but can anyone provide other examples from around the conference (i.e., cost for a "prime seat" 10 rows up at center court)?

Is this what you were referring to?

What doesn't feel right for me is that Joel cherry-picked a few details that seemed to support his grand plan but ignored the big picture i.e. based on revenue generated by the BB program, an expansion of premium seating fees is unwarranted - remember, the Athletic Dept has been collecting premium seating fees for the lower deck center sections since 1993 - a substantial source of income for the Athletic Dept. A number of details about the current plan are puzzling to me - foremost among these is that fans in the aforementioned center sections apparently will have a reduction in the seating fee assessed (from $500-$1,000 to $400); these are the fans that are most willing and able to pay a premium, yet they get a discount - huh? The timing of the increase is terrible - we're in the midst of a recession, attendance dropped 14% from last season (from 13,241 to 11,794), and we're coming off of one of the most disappointing seasons in recent memory - yeah, Joel a price increase will get the fans energized and solve all the financial issues at the U.

It seems obvious that Joel copied the Michigan State model for premium seating which they adopted last season - the $100/$250/$400 pricing tiers are identical, but MSU allocates the best seats to its students rather than sticking them in the end zone. Joel needs to be reminded that we are NOT Michigan State. Because of MSU's sustained period of success on the court, demand for their tickets is high. In the past 15 years, MSU has been to 5 Final Fours, won 1 Nat'l Championship, won 7 Conference titles, finished in the top 4 of the B10 12 times and won a total of 37 NCAA tournament games; the Gophers best finish during that time span is a tie for 4th in 2004-5 and we have zero NCAA victories. Joel would probably "spin" these stats to say that we won more NIT games during that period than MSU.

Given the unfounded, ill-timed premium seat fee increases thrust upon us, I predict that season ticket numbers will drop by at least 1,000 - once these folks leave, they'll probably never come back.

Thanks, Southpaw, that's what I was thinking of. I understand your comments and probably agree with most if not all of them.

Part of me wants to say, "hey, no one has to buy the tickets.. if Minnesota feels they can sell them at price x and they actually do sell them, then I really shouldn't worry about the price or how it compares to what some other school is doing.. the market says it's a fair price".

As you mention, though... this season, despite proclaiming their nonconference home schedule to be "the toughest in the Big Ten", Minnesota had a double-digit attendance drop. I'm very curious to see how they price and promo single game tickets in 2012-13.

When I do the math (with some assumptions, because I do not know the dollars collected on premium seating that has existing prior to 2012-13), the seat pricing changes being implemented don't result in a huge increase in revenues for the U. Not at all.

I probably still go back to my free market thinking... but, what might rub me a little wrong is if there are really certain folks that can keep their seats, I just wish the U would be open & honest about it -- I think everything I've read has said that all sections are being reseated. If this is not accurate, then just tell em "except for members of the this or that club, or with some exceptions... etc."

Also, the goofy comparison page in the Spring 2012 brochure.. the Gophers example isn't consistent with the 2012-13 pricing and and it's strange they'd choose Nebraska as the one comparison.. first, Nebraska is new to the Big Ten.. isn't there a better comparison? second, Nebraska is moving to a brand spanking new arena in one year and has said, "it is the goal of the Athletic Department to not raise men's or women's basketball ticket prices in the immediate future."...

PS - not directly related & I'm sure it's been talked about here already, but the plan at the new Nebraska arena looks to include one sideline filled with student seating.. nice.

Top Bottom