Can we do this? Realistic thoughts?

holygopher!

Reaction score
I am so happy that Minnesota hockey is back to it's Minnesota ways (winning). I think we have the offense fire power to score on Boston, but I am not sure if we have enough, and am unsure whether Patterson and the defense can hold them down. I agree with what others have said that the winner of this game takes it all. What do people think our chances are in this game?

I think our offense will be the key. During the 17 game winning streak, BC has allowed only 19 goals. We need to get one early.

We have four lines that can put the puck in the net. I'm not worried about scoring. Patterson hasn't had an absolutely lights out game in a while (not saying he has been bad, he just hasn't been at his most dominant), so hopefully this is the game.

I think the defensemen are our biggest weakness (and for how talented our d-men are, that is saying something). With the Alt-Marshal pair, it would be nice to see them get selectively involved in the offense, Marshal needs to be strong in front of our net and when he gets it at the point on offense, not be afraid to dump it into the corner rather than risking a turnover or shooting it into a block trying to do too much and generate an odd-man chance. With Helgeson-Holl, Helgeson needs to stay out of the box (which he has been better at this year), and Holl needs to keep his head in the game and make good decisions. As for Parenteau and Schmidt, I love this pair and have been singing their praises all season, but Parenteau has had some suspect play in his end against NoDak in the WCHA tourney and against BU. Hopefully he has that out of his system, because I think he is one of our most solid fundamental defensemen. As for Schmidt, a great powerplay quarterback but I have gotten a little concerned in the last couple games that he has been trying to do too much, possibly some overconfidence stemming from some very stellar plays in the stretch from the last Wisco series through the NoDak game in the Final Five. The play of that third pair is all that concerns me right now, but they have been solid guys this season and I am expecting a great game from them.

Top Bottom