Gophers Heading to Tampa!!! 20th Frozen Four!!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
MacNaughton Cup, Frozen Four...what a year!

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, imagine if GH would have started a hockey board 3 or 4 years ago! ;)

UND looked tired...5 games in 10 days and lots of travelling. Oh well...hi ho, hi ho, its off to Tampa we go!

UND looked tired...5 games in 10 days and lots of travelling. Oh well...hi ho, hi ho, its off to Tampa we go!

Agree. Thought the fatigue really started showing in the second period. But some of the credit for that goes to the Gophers too imo. They grabbed control of the game pretty early on and it kinda felt like UND was really reaching deep just to keep up for the most part because of the pace the Gophers were skating at. Once the Gophers got that 4th goal from Boyd, you could see the Sioux start to wilt. But again, kudos to coach Lucia and guys for getting a lead and then putting North Dakota away. :clap::clap::clap:

Now on to Tampa (sounds weird to say that heading into a frozen four, but hey, I'll take it! :D)

I agree the winner of our game will win it all. Anyone know why the Frozen Four is in Tampa, FL? Seems very strange to me considering there is not a single college hockey program in that state.

BC looked awfully good against UMD tonight. Should be one hell of a matchup.bold prediction: overtime winner from the blue line by Schmidt. I also have to agree that the winner of our game will most likely go on to win the 'ship. Union and Ferris St just don't have the clout.
Did anyone else think that Anson Carter was stoned?

Strongly considering a road trip should the Gophs beat BC in the Thursday game. It's only 26 hours, how bad can it be? :cool:

Back from College Hockey Purgatory! It's good to feel like Gopher Hockey again! The BC matchup is a tough draw, but to be the best, you gotta BEAT the best!

Go Gophers!

They've won a lot in a row, but they haven't looked invincible over that stretch. Air Force hung in there with them as did some other not great teams. Definitely the toughest hurdle for us, but they are beatable.

I generally don't like having the two weeks before the frozen four but I like having the extra time off given that BC hasn't lost in 17 games. I'm hoping that the break knocks them off their stride.

I agree the winner of our game will win it all. Anyone know why the Frozen Four is in Tampa, FL? Seems very strange to me considering there is not a single college hockey program in that state.

I heard somewhere that Martin St. Louis lobbied for it as he's a big college hockey fan (played at Vermont).

I heard somewhere that Martin St. Louis lobbied for it as he's a big college hockey fan (played at Vermont).

It was in Anaheim where the Ducks play about 9 years ago. Good exposure for college hockey and a reward for the players.. Warm sun, beaches and bikinis.

Congrats to the Gophers!!! Also congrats to UMD on a great season, hopefully you guys wore out BC a little for us. I think the Gophers will win this one; both goalies should be a lot of fun to watch.

GOOOO GOPHERS!!!

Top Bottom